PDA

View Full Version : Did Sarah Palin put US troops lives at risk?

Liberty Star
03-14-2010, 04:53 PM
After the debacle that followed Israeli annoucement to build more settlements on occupied land as part of some bizzare plot to insult Joe Biden and US, Obama's aide was asked following question twice and even this Israeli firster adviser was somewhat critical when answering this question:

Two days after US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton scolded Netanyahu in a 45-minute phone conversation for the announcement, while US Vice President Joe Biden was in Israel, of plans to build 1,600 units in Ramat Shlomo, and later telling CNN that Israel had insulted Biden and the US, Obama’s top adviser David Axelrod expanded on the theme, telling ABC’s This Week the announcement was an “affront” and an “insult.”

“What it did was it made more difficult a very difficult process,” Axelrod said, adding that it “seemed calculated to undermine” the proximity talks.

“Israel is a strong and special ally. The bonds run deep. But for just that very reason, this was not the right way to behave. That was expressed by the secretary of state, as well as the vice president,” Axelrod said.

“I am not going to discuss what diplomatic talks we’ve had underneath that, but I think the Israelis understand clearly why we were upset and what, you know, what we want moving forward,” he said.

Asked twice whether the issue put US troops lives at risk, Axelrod side-stepped a direct answer but said, “I do believe that it is absolutely imperative, not just for the security of Israel and the Palestinian people, who were, remember, at war just a year ago, but it is important for our own security that we move forward and resolve this very difficult issue.”

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8566992.stm

Since Palin just few weeks ago essentially advocated the exact actions Israel just took on occupied land, did she also put US troops' lives and US security at risk? And why same question was not posed to her by ABC news then?

Palin and Clinton Agree on Settlements

Sarah Palin weighs in on settlements:

Barbara Walters: Governor, let's talk about some issues. The Middle East. The Obama administration does not want Israel to build any more settlements on what they consider "Palestinian territory." What is your view on this?

Sarah Palin: I disagree with the Obama administration on that. I believe that, um, the Jewish, uh, settlements should be allowed to be expanded upon, because that population of Israel is, is going to grow. More and more Jewish people will be flocking to Israel in the days and weeks and months ahead. And, um, I don't think that the Obama administration has any right to tell, um, Israel that, that, uh, the Jewish settlements cannot expand.

Barbara Walters: Even if it's Palestinian areas?

Sarah Palin:I believe that the Jewish settlement should be allowed to expand.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/11/heads_explode_on_j_street.asp

Liberty Star
03-14-2010, 04:59 PM
In related news, notorious supermacist and terror sponsoring group ADL is in some sort of shock over a mild shift in US stance:

ADL: US Criticism of Israel troubling

Harsh language directed at Israel over Jerusalem construction unprecedented, ADL says; meanwhile, J Street says Israel's conduct, beyond a slap in Biden's face, was a wake-up call

Yitzhak Benhorin Published: 03.13.10

WASHINGTON - The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) says it is shocked by the harsh public criticism recently directed at Israel by the US Administration.

"We are shocked and stunned at the Administration’s tone and public dressing down of Israel on the issue of future building in Jerusalem," Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director, said in a statement.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3861973,00.html

Should Obama administration ban ADL for supporting terrorism just as FBI had blacklisted terrorist group JDL few years back?