PDA

View Full Version : Redstate Hearts Rand!!!

bucfish
03-14-2010, 04:45 PM
http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/03/14/terrific-article-on-rand-paul/

give your comments there

Bergie Bergeron
03-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Rand Paul is also more mainstream conservative on national defense. Rand is an interventionist, unlike his father, who believes the U.S. should not send troops to global hot spots. And Rand thinks Guantanamo prisoners should be tried in military courts, while his father has suggested civilian courts.

MRoCkEd
03-14-2010, 04:52 PM
He supported responding in Afghanistan (like his father) but opposed the Iraq war.
Oh well - painting Rand as "mainstream conservative on national defense" will only help him in his primary!

dr. hfn
03-14-2010, 05:08 PM
I really hope Rand doesn't turn out to be a "mainstream conservative" if elected. His support among libertarians and Paulites would cease to exist and we would have made barely any progress in our goal to restore the constitution/liberty/republic.

amisspelledword
03-14-2010, 05:09 PM
maybe its because ive never followed a race this closely, but its shocking how often candidates' positions get distorted or are easily misconstrued.

glad to hear continued support coming from redstate, though.

low preference guy
03-14-2010, 05:10 PM
I really hope Rand doesn't turn out to be a "mainstream conservative" if elected. His support among libertarians and Paulites would cease to exist and we would have made barely any progress in our goal to restore the constitution/liberty/republic.

I have no reason whatsoever to believe Rand will become a "mainstream conservative".

Pete_00
03-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Guys...Maybe he is using the technique the enemy uses no? ;)

Start "reading between the lines" gentleman ;)

Agorism
03-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Well, you can also hope he's taking some of the nuance's from some Glen Greenwald interviews. I've heard Greenwald say that you can't have a three tiered justice system.

Basically if the government has a ton of evidence they go for option 1. If they have a slam dunk or lot of evidence but they are worried about not having given getting miranda rights or that he was beaten or some weird exclusion that would a lawyer could attack in a civilian trial, they opt for a military trial.

If they don't have enough evidence, then they do indef. detention.

If they lose a military or civilian trial, then they also opt for indef. detention.

1) Civilian trials
2) Military trials
3) Indefinite detention and torture

Basically if Rand is against indef detention that goes a long way.

Agorism
03-14-2010, 06:30 PM
but why does it say....

Rand Paul is also more mainstream conservative on national defense. Rand is an interventionist, unlike his father, who believes the U.S. should not send troops to global hot spots. And Rand thinks Guantanamo prisoners should be tried in military courts, while his father has suggested civilian courts.

If Rand believes in an interventionist foreign policy, then I would not be inclined to support him.

low preference guy
03-14-2010, 06:33 PM
but why does it say....

they're lying. don't you see they don't have any source?... and we who follow rand 24/7 don't see anything like that? they also call Ron Paul pro choice. it's just a nonsensical article with random statements.