PDA

View Full Version : Double awesome - Wyoming gov. signs firearms freedom bill

Anti Federalist
03-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Law bars feds from enforcing firearms laws on Wyoming-made guns

Despite concerns, governor signs gun bill

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/wyoming/article_297727c2-2d71-11df-ad67-001cc4c03286.html

CHEYENNE — With some trepidation, Gov. Dave Freudenthal on Thursday signed into law a bill asserting that Wyoming-made firearms are exempt from all federal laws and regulations.

The law, which takes effect in July, is meant as a shot at the federal government. But it’s unclear whether the law will remain a symbolic declaration of states’ and Second Amendment rights, or spark a confrontation between state and federal officials.

Under the law, any firearms made from scratch in Wyoming — besides automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenade launchers — are officially exempt from all federal gun laws so long as the gun isn’t taken out of the state.

That means no three-day waiting period to buy a Wyoming-made gun, no federal firearms license needed, no federal taxes to pay.

People convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence, who are banned under federal law from possessing a firearm, can now purchase a gun — so long as it has a “Made In Wyoming” logo on it.

At the same time, though, the Firearms Freedom Act toughens Wyoming state gun laws: it bans convicted felons, mental patients and people younger than 21 from being able to buy Wyoming-made firearms.

Cowlesy
03-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Fanntastic news.

The next question, will any gunsmiths acquire the capital to create their own shop to sell their own guns within these laws?

You have a very limited market, and need to have all the verticals in the production process within the state.

I hope someone makes it happen.

Stary Hickory
03-14-2010, 04:11 PM
I like it, I will back Wyoming in any kind of resulting confrontation. They have my support 100%

BuddyRey
03-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Wow, Wyoming's in the winner's circle big time right now!

puppetmaster
03-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Law bars feds from enforcing firearms laws on Wyoming-made guns

Despite concerns, governor signs gun bill

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/wyoming/article_297727c2-2d71-11df-ad67-001cc4c03286.html

CHEYENNE — With some trepidation, Gov. Dave Freudenthal on Thursday signed into law a bill asserting that Wyoming-made firearms are exempt from all federal laws and regulations.

The law, which takes effect in July, is meant as a shot at the federal government. But it’s unclear whether the law will remain a symbolic declaration of states’ and Second Amendment rights, or spark a confrontation between state and federal officials.

Under the law, any firearms made from scratch in Wyoming — besides automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenade launchers — are officially exempt from all federal gun laws so long as the gun isn’t taken out of the state.

That means no three-day waiting period to buy a Wyoming-made gun, no federal firearms license needed, no federal taxes to pay.

People convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence, who are banned under federal law from possessing a firearm, can now purchase a gun — so long as it has a “Made In Wyoming” logo on it.

At the same time, though, the Firearms Freedom Act toughens Wyoming state gun laws: it bans convicted felons, mental patients and people younger than 21 from being able to buy Wyoming-made firearms.

Crap exclusions.....I think it sucks that felons cannot arm themselves!
they won't enforce it I bet....trepidation?....cowards!!