PDA

View Full Version : Homeland Security Unveils Mobile Mind Screening Checkpoints

catdd
03-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Take a look at the police state's newest invention - Thought Crime Detectors!!!

YouTube - POLICE STATE 2010: Homeland Security Unveils Mobile Mind Screening Checkpoints (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNXig2uJ-NM&feature=player_embedded)

catdd
03-14-2010, 08:57 AM
So the word comes down that a terrorist threat has been received for the last game of the World Series which you have a box ticket. While being herded through this new contraption you begin to feel very violated and angry and you begin to resent the inconvenience and hate the experience tremendously. The machine detects your hostility and there goes the ballgame.
In other words, if you do not pass through this thing like a "happy" mindless drone, there's a good chance you won't pass inspection.

Romulus
03-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Thats messed up.

catdd
03-15-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure exactly how the machine works but the scenario I imagined is likely.
I was surprised this didn't receive more outrage here.

Reason
03-15-2010, 11:58 AM
this video has been around for a long time now but daily paul posting it has forced a resurface which is good, hopefully more people see this and realize which direction this country is headed atm

Romulus
03-15-2010, 11:59 AM
That fact they have the 'mind scan' ability is overshadowed by the mobile trailer itself.

It may not be new tech, but the manner in which they want to use it is outrageous.

heavenlyboy34
03-15-2010, 12:00 PM
This country reminds me of The One State more and more each day :(

catdd
03-15-2010, 12:05 PM
It's basically a thought crime detector which could stretch well beyond it's intended use. A definite violation of your God given right to be pissed off.
I could see certain models of these contraptions being used in schools, banks, courtrooms, the workplace, and even in cars if the idea catches on.

Romulus
03-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Kind of an updated brain scan lie detector, as they ask the questions.

Also, notice how they make you show your ID. Folks are driving their cars inside there.

'Papers Please?'

dannno
03-15-2010, 12:18 PM
How is it illegal to record things at an expo?

pcosmar
03-15-2010, 12:21 PM
:mad:

Makes me just want to stay in the woods.

Romulus
03-15-2010, 12:33 PM
How is it illegal to record things at an expo?

I am guessing if its a music concert maybe? But what does Homeland Security have to do with protecting copyright laws?

silentshout
03-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Wow..scary. I think I've read about these machines before. This is very frightening and sadly, other than places like this, I don't seem to see too many people worried about things like this. What kind of country have we become?

fisharmor
03-15-2010, 12:54 PM
I am guessing if its a music concert maybe? But what does Homeland Security have to do with protecting copyright laws?

What does Homeland Security have to do with homeland security?

catdd
03-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Wow..scary. I think I've read about these machines before. This is very frightening and sadly, other than places like this, I don't seem to see too many people worried about things like this. What kind of country have we become?

I know, all you ever read about is terror this and terror that. We should be less concerned with "terror" and more concerned about the measures being taken to combat it.
Wouldn't it just be a lot better all around to adopt a noninterventionist foreign policy and stop doing the things that make us unsafe to begin with? But of course counter terrorism is becoming a big business.

pcosmar
03-15-2010, 01:19 PM
It would be nice to get a look at the technology, See if there may be some kind of countermeasure.
Perhaps something that would send a feedback loop and fry the contraption. :mad:

something less messy than obvious alternatives. ;)

Danke
03-15-2010, 01:27 PM
:mad:

Makes me just want to stay in the woods.

:confused: Why, the cities are soooo safe now!

pacelli
03-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Kind of an updated brain scan lie detector, as they ask the questions.

Also, notice how they make you show your ID. Folks are driving their cars inside there.

'Papers Please?'

If they make you show your ID, then obviously the machine isn't working like it is supposed to.

pacelli
03-15-2010, 02:29 PM
It would be nice to get a look at the technology, See if there may be some kind of countermeasure.
Perhaps something that would send a feedback loop and fry the contraption. :mad:

something less messy than obvious alternatives. ;)

I wonder if it illegal to eat a packet of hot sauce while standing in line? If I'm in the middle of hot sauce bliss (complete with face flushing, mucous membrane activation, and tears streaming down my face), I'm guessing that the only thing that would come across the screen as far as my thoughts are concerned would be, "WATER!!!!!".

phill4paul
03-15-2010, 03:28 PM

A bar of Xanax?

pcosmar
03-15-2010, 03:34 PM
A bar of Xanax?

Not exactly what I had in mind. :p

MelissaWV
03-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Is it wrong of me that one of my first thoughts was "I hope no one ever cuts a really nasty one walking through that thing ahead of me... it's a tiny, confined space and I'd probably register as pretty upset.

Seriously though. I don't want to be "scanned" anymore. Why does no one think this is probably a really awful thing for our health?

Also how are they going to determine if I'm from the "local area" or if I've been in the "local area" all day?

All this would do is make me not want to go to the "Expo."

acptulsa
03-15-2010, 04:16 PM
All this would do is make me not want to go to the "Expo."

First tptb did an interesting bit of class warfare where they made extracurricular activities at least as important as whether or not you have any brains and/or know how to use them in the best universities' admissions process. So, unless Einstein was a cheerleader, he might have been out of luck.

Now here we are trying to scare the depressed and naturally grumpy into never, ever leaving the house. Next thing you know, a bad attitude will qualify you for SSI. :rolleyes:

jake
03-15-2010, 04:16 PM
If I ran an Expo, I would never want this crap. Imagine the affects on attendance..

This is Homeland Security burning up their bloated budget! they have nothing else to spend the cash on, which is why they need to be shut down.

CoreyBowen999
03-15-2010, 04:22 PM
mmmm I love me some Thoughtcrime in the morning

MelissaWV
03-15-2010, 04:27 PM
First tptb did an interesting bit of class warfare where they made extracurricular activities at least as important as whether or not you have any brains and/or know how to use them in the best universities' admissions process. So, unless Einstein was a cheerleader, he might have been out of luck.

Now here we are trying to scare the depressed and naturally grumpy into never, ever leaving the house. Next thing you know, a bad attitude will qualify you for SSI. :rolleyes:

lol You made a heckuva sarcastic leap ;)

I love leaving the house. I don't have to go through any security checkpoints to do the things I love... yet. I'm sure that day is coming at some point down the line, where there's a curfew for everyone, and there is absolutely no climbing trees or going for jogs at night, but it's not here yet.

I didn't stay at the university long, either, but I didn't have any extracurriculars at all and they still let me in. I do agree the process is now more about "well-rounded" students, which usually means they fail at academics, but can sure do oragami good!*

I'm not scared of leaving the house, but there are cost/benefit analysis points we each go through every day. Is the line to go buy something so long that buying it is no longer worth our time? Is circling around to see if there's a nearer parking spot on the other side worth the time, or should I just take this spot, walk further, and gamble that it won't start raining? Do I really have to wait two hours in line to go through a truth-detector test before going to an art show or whatever? I can have all kinds of fun without ever attending an organized event :p and I am very sure I won't see one of these outside a Ron Paul event.

*Error was made on purpose.

catdd
03-15-2010, 04:50 PM
"No, my avatar is not me. "

Should cut down on the wolf whistles.

MelissaWV
03-15-2010, 05:05 PM
"No, my avatar is not me. "

Should cut down on the wolf whistles.

It doesn't matter who my avatar is... someone's going to ask if it's me. Even with that up there, someone still asked :( What can I say? I like classic feminine beauty.