PDA

View Full Version : Funny Onion Article on Monetary Fraud at Fed

nbruno322
03-14-2010, 08:01 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/u_s_economy_grinds_to_halt_as

malkusm
03-14-2010, 08:48 AM
"It's just an illusion," a wide-eyed Bernanke added as he removed bills from his wallet and slowly spread them out before him. "Just look at it: Meaningless pieces of paper with numbers printed on them. Worthless."

According to witnesses, Finance Committee members sat in thunderstruck silence for several moments until Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) finally shouted out, "Oh my God, he's right. It's all a mirage. All of it—the money, our whole economy—it's all a lie!"

Screams then filled the Senate Chamber as lawmakers and members of the press ran for the exits, leaving in their wake aisles littered with the remains of torn currency.

:D

Bruno
03-14-2010, 08:54 AM
"What a cruel cosmic joke," he added. "I'm going home to hug my daughter."

lol

Not surprisingly absent at the end of the article is the farmer saying, "Why, I'll use my gold to pay for that insurance policy, of course!" :D

malkusm
03-14-2010, 08:59 AM
"What a cruel cosmic joke," he added. "I'm going home to hug my daughter."

lol

Not surprisingly absent at the end of the article is the farmer saying, "Why, I'll use my gold to pay for that insurance policy, of course!" :D

Yeah, unfortunately the article seemed to parody the entire idea of money and currency itself, rather than attacking fiat currency ("fiat" wasn't said in the course of the article).

Still worth a good laugh though.

Rancher
03-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Yeah, unfortunately the article seemed to parody the entire idea of money and currency itself, rather than attacking fiat currency ("fiat" wasn't said in the course of the article).

Still worth a good laugh though.

This is the kind of astute observation that I am hoping Josh's editors employ.

Matt Collins
03-14-2010, 11:36 AM
YouTube - Should The Government Stop Dumping Money Into A Giant Hole? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnX-D4kkPOQ)

Travlyr
03-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Ha...ha... ha.... ha... ha... Paul Krugman would like this.