PDA

View Full Version : RonPaulForum

Razmear
06-06-2007, 08:12 PM
I followed the source of the Two Million dollar post back to:
http://www.ronpaulforum.com
which seems to be an exact clone of this forum only set up more recently with fewer posts and members, but a bunch more 'guests viewing'.
Is the 'non s' version an official campaign forum? This is the first I heard of it, and seeing how I already spend a ton of time reading this forum, and really enjoy the postings here I don't think I'll be duplicating my efforts by reading over there too.
Maybe the two site owners can get together and merge domain names and posts into one mega forum?

eb

edit: lol, I even get the same bug there where I cant see the registration image, oh well.

edit2: Well the image finally appeared after about 10 tries, so I'm over there too, but here is better.

kylejack
06-06-2007, 08:14 PM
I followed the source of the Two Million dollar post back to:
http://www.ronpaulforum.com
which seems to be an exact clone of this forum only set up more recently with fewer posts and members, but a bunch more 'guests viewing'.
Is the 'non s' version an official campaign forum? This is the first I heard of it, and seeing how I already spend a ton of time reading this forum, and really enjoy the postings here I don't think I'll be duplicating my efforts by reading over there too.
Maybe the two site owners can get together and merge domain names and posts into one mega forum?

eb
No, those guys hate us. Someone mentioned ronpaulforums.com over there and got banned. Its not an official forum.

AgentSmith
06-06-2007, 08:17 PM
And is this an 'official' forum? Yeah those guys get weird when you mention this forum, but damn their color scheme is SOOOO MUCH BETTER! :(

X_805
06-06-2007, 08:18 PM
No, those guys hate us. Someone mentioned ronpaulforums.com over there and got banned. Its not an official forum.

It doesn't make sense to hate someone who has the same goals and also the same means really.

Brandybuck
06-06-2007, 08:22 PM
That forum is just as official as this forum. No one has been banned as far as I can tell. Some duplicate and redundant posts have been flagged and removed, but that's expected of a forum. You guys are taking paranoia to unhealthy extremes.

Jimmy
06-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Seems like the two site would put aside there "differences" and banned together...this is no time for petty differences...JMO

kinginsomniac
06-06-2007, 08:33 PM

I CERTAINLY don't remember that happening! Someone's post over there mentioning this forum got replaced with "I've come to spam," though.

I was a member there before I was a member here. Do I hate you folks? No. Not at all.

Therion
06-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Those guys are jerks. It's a lot better here.

Therion
06-06-2007, 08:34 PM
I CERTAINLY don't remember that happening! Someone's post over there mentioning this forum got replaced with "I've come to spam," though.

No, it's true. That actually happened.

JoshLowry
06-06-2007, 08:36 PM
I tried talking with the guy when he first opened registration. He said he wanted to keep the two forums separate which doesn't make sense but nothing I can do about it.

We're working on a new color scheme. We had a thread on it a few days ago.

There is no official campaign forum, we are both grassroot forums. Yes, a few people were banned there that posted a url to this forum.

rp4pres
06-06-2007, 08:37 PM
I say we go over there and beat them up.

JoshLowry
06-06-2007, 08:38 PM

They are our friends. If it was a RudyMcRomneyForums.com I might agree with you.

Razmear
06-06-2007, 08:41 PM
I actually like the babyblue and sandstone color scheme. It might not be flashy, but its easy to read and much better than a white background, and better than the other guys color scheme.

Too bad the sites can't merge, or at least cross promote each other, they must be advertising somehow due to the large number of guests.

Anyways, due to the registration image bug I won't be bothering to try and contact them for a manual add like I had to do here, this forum consumes enough of my time so no need for another.

Keep up the great work Josh,
eb

Kuldebar
06-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Yes, they are developing new and improved topics over at the ronpaulforum.com, we must not let this stand.

To counter this growing threat, I have unleashed hundreds of spammers to barrage their site in order to prevent them from becoming overly influential on the Internet.

God Bless America, yada, yada.

Jimmy
06-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Seems it would be better to join together... UNITED WE STAND....isn't that what this is all about to begin with??....but if it cannot be worked out so be it.

GreenApples
06-06-2007, 08:48 PM
I was one of the persons who posted our URL there and urged them to join our forums but my post was deleted and account banned.

The forum owner doesn't seem to want to "unite" however that is his choice.

Bryan
06-06-2007, 09:10 PM
I've e-mailed the admin, from all accounts he is a great person sharing the same goal so I can hope we can keep things fair on our accounting here. If there was some technically easy way to share user accounts and posts then there may be value doing so but it seems it would be a nightmare to do while keeping the sites on separate databases. It's certainly a testament to ALL OF OUR accomplishment that people want to stay here as we build as a group but other forums will add value to Dr. Paul's efforts as well with unique content. As I've said before, there's going to be plenty of Ron Paul supports for all the sites, I don't think this server can handle a million+ users! :)

Bloody Holly
06-06-2007, 09:13 PM
We can have two tree houses.

Some people who have forums are territorial about their members and it doesn't matter if you are on the same team. Just respect that. You can always put a link in your profile or maybe your signature. I would like to combine our efforts but both messageboards are at the top if you google for ron paul forum. :)

ronpaulnation
06-06-2007, 09:24 PM
How about three tree houses? :)

http://www.ronpaulmessageboard.com

Bloody Holly
06-06-2007, 09:28 PM

Oh hell no! That battle is on now!!!

hah I kid. I don't care how many tree houses we have, just allow us to put up a tire swing...kapeesh?

RonPaulForum
06-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Ahh, you guys are funny.

http://ronpaulforum.com/showthread.php?t=191

DrStrabismus
06-06-2007, 10:26 PM

Hopefully we can set up some tin cans and string so we can all talk to each other! Ask you moms to save some soup cans!!! :D

Brandybuck
06-06-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm moving more and more of my posting over there, just because they seem to be ever so slightly more on topic. Besides, it's getting to crowded here.

Free market of ideas and all that...

mdh
06-07-2007, 06:31 AM
I checked that site out once but there were few users/posts when I did, and this community was growing really nicely. Josh finally fixed the colors now, yay... :)