PDA

View Full Version : Does Jim Traficant have a campaign webiste?

RileyE104
03-13-2010, 08:23 PM
I can't seem to find one.. He is still running, isn't he?

erowe1
03-14-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm pretty sure he is. I don't know if he has a website yet or not. But keep in mind that he won't be in a primary election, just the general election. So he doesn't necessarily need a campaign website yet.

IPSecure
03-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Alex mentioned in a recent interview, that he had reserved several domain names for Jim, and that Jim would need web developers.

RP4EVER
03-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Hah; what I wouldnt give to see Jim Traficant back on the floor.

Nathan Hale
03-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Hah; what I wouldnt give to see Jim Traficant back on the floor.

You mean seriously, or in a "hey, look at the douchebag" way?

Imperial
03-21-2010, 02:48 PM
If he is an independent, he has to start campaigning now if he seriously wants the seat. That means he also needs a website ASAP. Its been a long time since he has been in office, so his name recognition will be lower. And even then he was a pretty long way off to win last time.

RP4EVER
03-21-2010, 10:52 PM
I mean seriously

Nathan Hale
03-22-2010, 12:17 PM
I mean seriously

Sure, he has some reformed political views, but the guy was a racketeer who took bribes, lied on his taxes, and forced his aides to polish his boat and milk his cows.

RP4EVER
03-24-2010, 12:48 AM
Nathan: and Charlie Rangel took bribes in the form of Corporation sponsored trips; Eric Massa was accused of taking bribes; Stephanie Tubb Jones; who blasted Traficant the night they expelled him is known to have taken as many if not more Corporation trips than Rangel; granted Tubb Jones is now dead.

No where during the ethics testimony before Congress was 1 piece of video of the supposed bribes; no eye witness testimony; the trial is on youtube.

Traficant was railroaded out by the Dems because he helped Dennis Hastert become speaker.

Nathan Hale
03-24-2010, 05:53 AM
Nathan: and Charlie Rangel took bribes in the form of Corporation sponsored trips; Eric Massa was accused of taking bribes; Stephanie Tubb Jones; who blasted Traficant the night they expelled him is known to have taken as many if not more Corporation trips than Rangel; granted Tubb Jones is now dead.

I'm not a relativist. None of these people should be in Congress.

No where during the ethics testimony before Congress was 1 piece of video of the supposed bribes; no eye witness testimony; the trial is on youtube.

Traficant was railroaded out by the Dems because he helped Dennis Hastert become speaker.

So you're saying that he's innocent of my aforementioned charges and it was all some political cover up?

And besides all of this, you're never going to convince the public that Traficant was the victim of some vendetta conspiracy. Why run a candidate who has an uphill battle just to get to the starting line. There are plenty of good liberty candidates in the world.

RP4EVER
03-25-2010, 09:52 PM
i'm saying if that case had come up in court he would have been found innocent for lack of evidence.

I'd rather have Traficant than the rest of them; at least he is willing to call out the right people.

BTW: Who do you support as regards to a liberty candidate? Every candidate we have is facing uphill battles; if you don't think so take a look at the poll numbers for every race. Sometimes its more doing the right thing than the easy thing.

Nathan Hale
03-27-2010, 08:00 PM
i'm saying if that case had come up in court he would have been found innocent for lack of evidence.

That's possible. I just don't have faith in your conclusion. The charges weren't pulled out of thin air. Perhaps they wouldn't have stood up in court. But they are on the record. He served time in prison. And the court of public opinion remains against him.

I'd rather have Traficant than the rest of them; at least he is willing to call out the right people.

Is this all about the Israel thing?

BTW: Who do you support as regards to a liberty candidate? Every candidate we have is facing uphill battles; if you don't think so take a look at the poll numbers for every race. Sometimes its more doing the right thing than the easy thing.

Well, not every liberty candidate is down in the polls. This isn't 2008. Rand leads the pack. Hostettler leads the pack. Schiff is surging. Lawson is neck-and-neck for the lead. There are liberty candidates all over the place with the potential to win.

Traficant brings a huge weight of baggage to the race. Sure, maybe, deep down, it's the "right" thing to do. But it's not worth the effort. Not because it isn't "easy", but because it's impossible for Jim Traficant to win a seat in Congress. None of these races that we're in are easy, my position isn't one of convenience. I'm simply saying that there are a lot of good people out there who deserve our support who are realistically capable of winning their races. Traficant is not one of them.