PDA

View Full Version : Politico Study: Paul #2 Behind Palin for 2012 amongst Tea Partiers

Chieftain1776
03-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Interesting read overall (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34363.html)but here's the excerpt:

Though Palin, who was McCain’s vice presidential candidate in 2008 and is eyeing a run for the GOP presidential nomination, earned the most votes when respondents were asked who they’d like to see win the presidency in 2012 — followed by Paul and Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin — more than half of respondents declined to name a preference, citing either a desire to focus on the midterms or ambivalence about the field of prospective Republican candidates." http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34363_Page2.html

Agorism
03-13-2010, 06:28 PM
I don't understand the article very well. They talk about Romney and his rating and Malkin's. Doesn't make much sense.

JoshLowry
03-13-2010, 06:34 PM
They don't want to post the results because they favor Paul.

It makes a mess out of the story so that they can still talk about their candidates.

DamianTV
03-13-2010, 06:37 PM
And shove Palin down our throats.

For the record, I do NOT associate myself with this already corrupted and infiltrated Tea Party. I'll stick to my Independent and they can kiss my ass.

low preference guy
03-13-2010, 06:40 PM
They don't want to post the results because they favor Paul.

It makes a mess out of the story so that they can still talk about their candidates.

I'm sensing Paul has A LOT of support compared to 2008. I mean a serious increase, enough to be a leading runner.

Condor Bastadon
03-13-2010, 06:46 PM
“Sarah Palin is a popular person right now, but she needs to be under the wing of an educated — book-smart, not so much university-professor smart — person to learn how this is so much deeper than knowing details related to foreign and domestic policy issues,” said Scott Mittlestadt, who started a small tea party group in Valdez, Alaska, called Patriots of Valdez. “I think her education would excel under the guidance of Glenn Beck.”

I found this pretty hilarious.

GunnyFreedom
03-13-2010, 06:54 PM
The current tea party movement is RP12's most target-rich environment, collected all into one spot, in American history -- and it may be fizzled by the year 2012. For those who insist they will have nothing to do with the neocon hijacked tea parties, have you ever thought that the reason the neocons are able to hijack them is because we (as a group) tend to want nothing to do with them?

Just sayin.

If we are serious about RP12, then we need to be pushing into these tea parties HARD right now.

Every ounce of effort we make in the tea parties today, will be worth pounds of effort in canvassing March of 2012.

How is this not obvious?

paulitics
03-13-2010, 07:17 PM
They give zero details about the methodology of their survey. They don't even give the results of the survey, yet offer their analysis on what? Very lame Politico.

paulitics
03-13-2010, 07:20 PM
The current tea party movement is RP12's most target-rich environment, collected all into one spot, in American history -- and it may be fizzled by the year 2012. For those who insist they will have nothing to do with the neocon hijacked tea parties, have you ever thought that the reason the neocons are able to hijack them is because we (as a group) tend to want nothing to do with them?

Just sayin.

If we are serious about RP12, then we need to be pushing into these tea parties HARD right now.

Every ounce of effort we make in the tea parties today, will be worth pounds of effort in canvassing March of 2012.

How is this not obvious?

I agree. I would say these people are half awake, and distrustful of government, but perhaps too trusting of media personalities. Still, it is a great opportunity.

Juan McCain
03-13-2010, 07:25 PM
"Even Palin, . . . came in for some criticism for endorsing McCain, declaring the GOP should “absorb as much of the tea party movement as possible,”
and for her lack of experience."

“Sarah Palin . . . knowing details related to foreign and domestic policy issues,”

YouTube - Palin On Foreign Policy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nokTjEdaUGg)

TC95
03-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Ok, so they claim to hate McCain, but they apparently love Palin. How anyone who hates McCain can stand Palin is beyond me. For crying out loud, she's campaigning for him to do her part to make sure he stays in office so he can keep destroying liberty. Some say she's just being loyal, but who should her first loyalty be to, McCain or her country?

Warrior_of_Freedom
03-14-2010, 06:02 AM
where the hell did Palin come from? Hijack much? Palin GTFO and STAY OUT.

TheEvilDetector
03-14-2010, 06:31 AM
Palin is the 999999th useful idiot to be crammed down people's throats.

This should not be surprising.

Inflation
03-18-2010, 09:51 PM
How anyone who hates McCain can stand Palin is beyond me.

You are talking about millions of conservatives here. They agree with us on 80% of the issues.

Maybe you should try harder instead of closing your mind and heart to them?

If you think that McCain = Palin, you need to learn more about their respective backgrounds and history as government officials.

There are real reasons why so many hate McCain but 'can stand' Palin.

McCain knows this, that's why he choose Palin to reanimate his corpse of a campaign.

Let's do some research and figure them out, instead of mistaking our ignorance of a topic for a valuable/rational opinion.

charrob
03-18-2010, 10:29 PM
i detest sarah palin. :mad:

silentshout
03-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Ugh, I can't stand Sarah Palin. No thanks.

emazur
03-18-2010, 11:21 PM
It's hard to see Palin being nominated - people would savage her left and right with the label 'quitter'. And that's just for starters.