PDA

View Full Version : New Iced Tea Company Promotes Peace (Peace Iced Tea)

Schmitto2121
03-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Yesterday I walked into my local convenient store to get a beverage and I came across a new Ice Tea brand called "Peace Iced Tea".

Along with a large peace sign in the center of the can, here are also slogans all over the rest of the can. Some of these slogans include:

"Dont Tread On Me"

"Think For Yourselves"

"Question Authority" and

"True freedom comes with responsibility"

They have a wonderfull website at www.peaceicedtea.com and the company sounds perfectly inlined with our believes. Its 99 cents a can, so I urge you all to give this wonderfull company some business if you enjoy tea, and if they are not in your location then email them and try to get them in your location!

Knightskye
03-13-2010, 09:27 PM
I've seen a can of it, but I don't know where they sell it around here.

What's weird, though, is that it's about the same size as those cans of Arizona iced tea, and the same price.

Working Poor
03-13-2010, 10:10 PM
cool!

RCA
03-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Added to Health & Food:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1887374#post1887374

BuddyRey
03-14-2010, 12:06 AM
Awesome, thanks for the heads-up! I love patronizing pro-liberty businesses!

Warrior_of_Freedom
03-14-2010, 06:07 AM
probably has cyanide in it

liberalnurse
03-14-2010, 06:20 AM
probably has cyanide in it

No, but it does have sucralose, (Splenda) in it. :eek:

GunnyFreedom
03-14-2010, 06:41 AM

well that leaves me out

Working Poor
03-14-2010, 06:59 AM

well that leaves me out

Me too...:mad::mad:

chudrockz
03-14-2010, 07:03 AM
Me too...:mad::mad:

I'll ingest Splenda without reserve all day, but I'm not too keen on ice tea. That said, I might try a can anyhow some morning next week. They sell it at my local Super America.

GunnyFreedom
03-14-2010, 07:27 AM
used webcontact form, requested a reply:

Chlorine, which is retained in the sucralose during the process, is a deadly poison. It was used in gaseous form during World Wars 1 and 2 as a chemical weapon designed not to stun or injure, but to kill. The form of chlorine used in municipal water supplies is permanently bonded with metals in a way that it is not in sucralose. Despite the FDA's green-light, Duke University has identified multiple potential hazards inherent in ingesting this chemical.

The only group on the planet which claims that sucralose is "natural" are the marketers of it such as Splenda. Sucralose is made when sugar is treated with trityl chloride, acetic anhydride, hydrogen chlorine, thionyl chloride, and methanol in the presence of dimethylformamide, 4-methylmorpholine, toluene, methyl isobutyl ketone, acetic acid, benzyltriethlyammonium chloride, and sodium methoxide, making it unlike anything found in nature. The Splenda Web site even states that "although sucralose has a structure like sugar and a sugar-like taste, it is not natural."

It's a shame that you are not honest -- sucralose is as artificial as it gets (despite the claims of the company that makes it), and it's quite toxic. You manage to avoid the corn syrup only to add sucralose? really?? really???

Your marketing says "no artificial flavors" but sucralose is an artificial sweetener. Are you, for the purposes of marketing, assuming that "sweet" is not a flavor? Or are you mistakenly just taking their marketing at face value without further investigation? I would really like to know.

The reason it's a shame is because I love the concept, and could become one of your biggest fans, but I could never intentionally drink poison, under which category falls sucralose. I am hoping you will read this and take it to heart, because I like your concept enough that I really WANT to become a customer, but the sucralose is a deal-breaker.

I would love to become your biggest fan, but I will never drink poisons such as sucralose.

Please see the following informational sites:

http://www.holisticmed.com/splenda/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sucralose

If you are that interested in using a no calorie sweetener, then why not actually use a genuinely natural zero calorie sweetener found in nature such as stevia? There are already several brands selling the stevia extract compound, which is natural, healthy, nutritious, and has zero calories.

In any case, I am eager to hear back if you have any plans on changing the formula to remove the sucralose, as I would be very excited to become a regular customer if you did.

Thank you,
Glen Bradley

GunnyFreedom
03-14-2010, 07:28 AM
I'll ingest Splenda without reserve all day, but I'm not too keen on ice tea. That said, I might try a can anyhow some morning next week. They sell it at my local Super America.

How's that trityl chloride, acetic anhydride, hydrogen chlorine, thionyl chloride, and methanol in the presence of dimethylformamide, 4-methylmorpholine, toluene, methyl isobutyl ketone, acetic acid, benzyltriethlyammonium chloride, and sodium methoxide treating you? ;)

chudrockz
03-14-2010, 07:31 AM
How's that trityl chloride, acetic anhydride, hydrogen chlorine, thionyl chloride, and methanol in the presence of dimethylformamide, 4-methylmorpholine, toluene, methyl isobutyl ketone, acetic acid, benzyltriethlyammonium chloride, and sodium methoxide treating you? ;)

mmmm, tasty! :)

VegasPatriot
03-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Do the call it PIT for short? When its hot outside and you need a break, there's nothing more refreshing than sucking on a PIT. Delicious! Just kidding, I'll look for them at my local store.

dannno
03-14-2010, 09:32 AM
mmmm, tasty! :)

So.... are you ok with drinking it because the FDA said it's ok?

Are you aware of what the term "moral hazard" is?

dannno
03-14-2010, 09:35 AM
used webcontact form, requested a reply:

Thanks for writing that... I'd hate to poison my town after requesting they stock it here..

I was checking out this thread before going to sleep last night and saw the sucrolose on the ingredients list and thought "wait.. is that one of those codewords for something really bad...or... nahhh, they wouldn't do that.. well I'm sure somebody will mention it soon in the thread.."

chudrockz
03-14-2010, 09:36 AM
So.... are you ok with drinking it because the FDA said it's ok?

Are you aware of what the term "moral hazard" is?

No, I'm not okay with drinking it (or not) for any particular reason. I haven't researched it and thus (drumroll, please) I don't really have any informed opinion about it. :)

On a side note, how about the one called "Sweet 'n Low"? Is that okay? I sometimes use that in my coffee.

CaseyJones
03-14-2010, 09:47 AM
http://www.sweetleaftea.com/

BuddyRey
03-14-2010, 01:26 PM

At least it's not aspartame.

GunnyFreedom
03-14-2010, 05:30 PM
No, I'm not okay with drinking it (or not) for any particular reason. I haven't researched it and thus (drumroll, please) I don't really have any informed opinion about it. :)

On a side note, how about the one called "Sweet 'n Low"? Is that okay? I sometimes use that in my coffee.

Saccharine is mildly carcinogenic. Not as bad as other zero calorie sweeteners, and especially the artificials. But you should really probably stick with Stevia or Truvia for zero calorie sweetening.

Theocrat
03-14-2010, 05:35 PM

Hmmm... "Peace Tea" that is actually deadly. Sort of reminds you of American foreign policy, eh? No wonder Obama got a Peace Prize...

Icymudpuppy
03-14-2010, 05:56 PM
It's an attempt to poison and eradicate Peace and Liberty lovers.

silverhandorder
03-14-2010, 05:59 PM
How about requesting for alternate option if you order the product?

chudrockz
03-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Saccharine is mildly carcinogenic. Not as bad as other zero calorie sweeteners, and especially the artificials. But you should really probably stick with Stevia or Truvia for zero calorie sweetening.

I'll have to look for those the next time I'm in the buying mood for sweetener. Honestly, most often we just use plain old-fashioned sugar.

mczerone
03-14-2010, 06:15 PM
See, here I was more worried about what they meant by "peace", and what they were going to do about securing such a thing.

Warrior_of_Freedom
03-15-2010, 07:26 AM

i stand by my statement

reduen
03-15-2010, 08:05 AM

Cool Idea though...

chudrockz
03-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Just thought I'd bump this one up. I actually tried one of these this morning. Razzleberry. I was skeptical, as I'm NOT a tea drinker, but none of my "usual" energy drinks were on sale, so I picked one up.

Sucralose and all it's pretty darn tasty!! Found a winner, I'd say!