PDA

View Full Version : Warning - you must read this

Old Ducker
03-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Interview with Doug Casey:

http://seekingalpha.com/author/james-quinn/instablog

eric_cartman
03-13-2010, 04:47 PM
i just skimmed that interview. i agree in principle with a lot of what he is saying... but he didn't really say anything that would make me think that everything is going to crash down tomorrow. he could have said these exact same things one year ago, five years ago, ten years ago, etc. obviously there are a lot of problems using debt based money, and i agree that at some point, people will probably lose confidence and run for gold... but people have been saying this exact same thing for a while now, and it hasn't happened yet.... it probably will happen some day... but that day may still be 5 or 10 years away... he might be right that it could just as easily be tomorrow also. but he didn't really point to any hard evidence that might suggest that these events will happen right now.

i still think that there will be some more clear warning signs when the end is really near... if we see gold spike up $500 in one day... then ya... might be time to start to panic... but until that happens, i'm going to keep living my life. i'm certainly more prepared than most people, and i've had my physical gold for a long time... but i'm waiting until i see some very clear signs before i worry about the collapse of debt based currencies. granted, this economic crisis is one of the signs, but i think we'll see more dramatic warning signs before the final wave comes. maybe i'm wrong, maybe it will all occur within a few hours and there will be no time to prepare... but i'm not sounding the alarm quite yet.

Old Ducker
03-13-2010, 04:54 PM
I agree eric. I think we have two or three years until the big collapse. At least what I'm planning my life around. If it occured tomorrow I'd be totally fucked. By that time I'm going to have arable land in a safe place. With the business I have in mind, I can pretty much be anywhere.

Not sure where that is. I had been thinking abroad but I'm coming to the conclusion that its probably safer to hunker down in a relatively remote corner of the US.