PDA

View Full Version : Local talk radio host mentions Ron Paul just now

RP08
10-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Jim Villanucci is ranked ~70th nation-wide for talk radio shows, with a LOT of avid listeners. Info here:
http://www.nmforronpaul.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17

He's currently running a call-in poll for "Who would you vote for in upcoming Senate elections (between 2 major contenders), and what party affiliation are you (the caller) in?"

I called in and said "Hi Jim, I changed my party affiliation to Republican in order to vote for Ron Paul in upcoming Presidential Primaries, and I'd vote for..."

Shortly after that he was saying that "This Senate election poll is far from scientific and is limited only to listeners of this station". He went on to say "If this were a poll for President, Ron Paul would probably be winning." He then reiterated that it's such a limited group of pollees that it can't be taken seriously..." and his co-host said "I don't know; I think it may hold more clout than you say." and Jim says "Yea, well..."

He didn't mention any other candidates or mix it up with any other junk. That was it. "For President"... "Ron Paul..."

It was awesome! I got a chance to mention change registration to Republican to vote for Ron Paul in primaries... then Jim says he'd probably win in a Presidential poll on that station. A big bam-bam during peak rush-hour audience. Maybe I'm more excited than I should be, but I just had to share.

JoshLowry
10-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Great job! Calling into radio stations is so easy and you can reach many people.

DrNoZone
10-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Great job! More supporters should be doing this when the opportunity presents itself.

Geronimo
10-08-2007, 05:29 PM
I spend a good portion of my 8 hour day trying to do this