PDA

View Full Version : Beck Joins Ron Paul on the Hot Air Whipping Boy List

AuH20
03-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Yikes! They don't like Glenn's view on America's foreign policy role in the world. Read some of the comments.

http://hotair.com/headlines/?p=75274

Epic
03-13-2010, 01:59 PM
haha if the neocons turn on Beck, maybe that could push him over the edge toward us?

http://www.therightscoop.com/glenn-beck-goes-nuclear-on-tom-hanks-and-our-foreign-policy/

I mean, Beck has to realize at some point that the modern Republican party is basically a progressive party.

When Horowitz, Frum, Malkin, and HotAir disown him, that's when he's pissed off all the right people. Hasn't happened yet though.

dannno
03-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Wow, they're actually arguing!

"he's a jerk!"

"he's right, it's unsustainable"

__27__
03-13-2010, 02:02 PM
haha if the neocons turn on Beck, maybe that could push him over the edge toward us?

http://www.therightscoop.com/glenn-beck-goes-nuclear-on-tom-hanks-and-our-foreign-policy/

You still don't get it? That's ENTIRELY the goal. The more Beck is seen as a representative of the liberty movement, the more damage he can do to it.

dannno
03-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Think now.

Can we afford to build Iraq and Afganistan? Okay, maybe. Does it end Jihad?

Can we afford to build Iran and Indonesia?

Pakistan?

His point is clear enough if you think about it. We aren’t in state conflicts anymore. So unless we can prove that we can prevent nation-building eliminates jihad then what good does it do?

:)

AuH20
03-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Wow, they're actually arguing!

"he's a jerk!"

"he's right, it's unsustainable"

That second line is really the only gateway to help them understand the madness of this global empire we maintain. Beck is shrewdly trying to show these hawks that three-quarters of a trillion dollars annually is simply not sustainable for our bullet-ridden economy. The party is over.

dannno
03-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Honestly I am a big tent type of person but help me God if I have to tolerate wackos like Glenn Beck and Ron Paul.

:D

paulitics
03-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Lol. Beck creates division wherever he is brought up. I feel bad for his disciples though, they really seem lost and confused and don't know where Beck is taking them. They need asylum ASAP, because Beck's mind is such a tangled mess, that I fear where his insanity is going.

dannno
03-13-2010, 02:06 PM
You still don't get it? That's ENTIRELY the goal. The more Beck is seen as a representative of the liberty movement, the more damage he can do to it.

Ya I agree, this part is fun though.. I'm just eatin popcorn :cool:

John Taylor
03-13-2010, 02:10 PM

Tin foil hats unite.

We are about principles, not personalities. It doesn't matter who gives us a platform.

Epic
03-13-2010, 02:11 PM

the bottom line is he has millions of listeners. If he actually was a hardcore libertarian or was actually anti-war, then regardless of his motives it would help us.

__27__
03-13-2010, 02:14 PM
the bottom line is he has millions of listeners. If he actually was a hardcore libertarian or was actually anti-war, then regardless of his motives it would help us.

:rolleyes:

Yes, it will totally help you when he destroys your credibility. When every time you try to talk to someone about libertarianism they say, "wait, you mean like that nutjbo Beck, no thanks." Yep, that will be great for the movement.

low preference guy
03-13-2010, 02:17 PM
:rolleyes:

Yes, it will totally help you when he destroys your credibility. When every time you try to talk to someone about libertarianism they say, "wait, you mean like that nutjbo Beck, no thanks." Yep, that will be great for the movement.

as if we don't already have anarchists and truthers who are even less credible than beck.

don't get me wrong, i don't like beck, but that statement is pretty laughable.

__27__
03-13-2010, 02:28 PM
as if we don't already have anarchists and truthers who are even less credible than beck.

don't get me wrong, i don't like beck, but that statement is pretty laughable.

Yes, clearly people who use logic and reason to follow a consistent principled approach are less credible than those who chant "Government sucks, everything is wrong with government, we are headed toward world government....We need to install a NEW government to get rid of the evil of government". :rolleyes:

And those who question the official story of 9/11 are less credible than those who swallow the government line. :rolleyes:

Cap
03-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Yes, clearly people who use logic and reason to follow a consistent principled approach are less credible than those who chant "Government sucks, everything is wrong with government, we are headed toward world government....We need to install a NEW government to get rid of the evil of government". :rolleyes:

And those who question the official story of 9/11 are less credible than those who swallow the government line. :rolleyes:

Well stated.

tremendoustie
03-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Honestly I am a big tent type of person but help me God if I have to tolerate wackos like Glenn Beck and Ron Paul.

:D

Did he consider that he might be the one in danger of falling out of the tent? :D

Anti Federalist
03-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Did he consider that he might be the one in danger of falling out of the tent? :D

I think the tent might be ready to fall on his head. :D

Agorism
03-13-2010, 06:13 PM
I don't think Beck has a political ideology. He's an entertainer mostly.

FunkBuddha
03-13-2010, 06:53 PM
I mean, Beck has to realize at some point that the modern Republican party is basically a progressive party.

I've been wondering the same thing. I guess technically the Republicans were the progressive party before the democrats.