PDA

View Full Version : Hot Air attacks Kokesh on front page

Inkblots
03-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Following the lead of Mommy Malkin, the folks over at Hot Air have piled on Mr. Kokesh, promoting this post to the front page:

Yesterday, I wrote about Adam Kokesh and his anti-military, anti-American actions which would make him a poor representative for New Mexico. He’s running as a Republican in the primary, which is interesting considering his many affiliations with Marxist and liberal organizations, like CODEPINK, A.N.S.W.E.R., and of course, the Iraq Veterans Against the War. He’s a liar and a phony who has been arrested multiple times and encouraged soldiers in Germany to go AWOL. Yet now, he parades himself as some kind of Constitutional crusader.

Fortunately, there is an alternative. Tom Mullins is also running as a Republican to represent New Mexico, and unlike Adam Kokesh, he’s the real deal: a Reagan Republican who certainly has never paraded around in a Marine Corps uniform holding an upside-down American flag, defacing public property, or staging “die-ins” in Washington D.C. the way his opponent has.
After speaking with Tom, I feel like the choice is obvious. The Roniacs have come out in full force for Kokesh listing all of his so-called “conservative” credentials, but what about his past? What about his anti-military and anti-American activities? What about his associations with Marxist, liberal, and communist groups? Even if he did somehow change his mind and see the light, so to speak, does that mean that we should just ignore all of that? The problems with Kokesh are problems that any rational American can’t just ignore. Tom Mullins is just as conservative, and frankly, seems much more genuine to me than Adam Kokesh. And unlike Adam, Tom Mullins doesn’t have a history of anti-American and anti-military activities in his background.

Help Tom Mullins defeat Adam Kokesh in the primary. Get the word out, and donate to his campaign. We need real representatives who love this country, not a false prophet claiming to fight for the Constitution.

It's here: htt p://hotair.com/archives/2010/03/13/tom-mullins-adam-kokesh-is-an-internet-celebrity-and-a-war-protestor-who-makes-poor-choices/

Lucille
03-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Weird. They gush all over big govt RINO Scott Brown, but try to torpedo a conservative veteran, who actually stands a chance to win a NM seat, because of his views on their glorious perpetual wars.

Big Tent®!

Rockwell (http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/calamity-of-bush-conservatism.html)is right:

What does conservatism today stand for? It stands for war. It stands for power. It stands for spying, jailing without trial, torture, counterfeiting without limit, and lying from morning to night. There comes a time in the life of every believer in freedom when he must declare, without any hesitation, to have no attachment to the idea of conservatism.

FWIW, I defended him in both threads.

Lucille
03-13-2010, 12:09 PM
NMI (http://newmexicoindependent.com/49565/kokesh-is-unelectable-anti-military-internet-celebrity-mullins-says) picked it up:

In an interview with the conservative blog Hot Air, Republican candidate Tom Mullins attacked his opponent in the Republican primary, Adam Kokesh, saying, “Adam is nothing more than an Internet celebrity and a war protester. I don’t believe New Mexicans agree with his views or his methods to share or voice them.”

The interviewer herself was not not a fan of Kokesh, having previously written an article about Kokesh being a traitor in GOP clothing. Kokesh is an Iraq War veteran who now opposes the war...

K466
03-13-2010, 01:10 PM
All I can say is that they are full of hot air...

0zzy
03-13-2010, 04:13 PM
What cowards. To call a veteran anti-American and anti-Military. wow.

Lucille
03-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Aren't they just so horrid? Truly despicable human beings.

RJB
03-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Tom Mullins is also running as a Republican to represent New Mexico, and unlike Adam Kokesh, he’s the real deal: a Reagan Republican who certainly has never paraded around in a Marine Corps uniformI'd lay money that the chickenhawk never paraded around in any uniform of our armed services.

angelatc
03-13-2010, 05:53 PM
I'd lay money that the chickenhawk never paraded around in any uniform of our armed services.

He is a Teamster. A Teamster is a Reagan Republican. WTF is wrong with those people?

Or rather, WTF is wrong withe the people who believe them?

Fozz
03-13-2010, 05:57 PM
I find it quite likely that those neocons at the Hot Air blog would love to see millions of Arabs/Muslims killed in a nuclear attack.

fuzzybekool
03-19-2010, 04:15 AM
The neo-cons are losing their grip and are desperate to attack and hold on to what they have left. Judging by the 2008 elections, they don't have much left.

angelatc
03-19-2010, 08:48 AM
The neo-cons are losing their grip and are desperate to attack and hold on to what they have left. Judging by the 2008 elections, they don't have much left.

My husband had Hannity on his the car last night after a sporting event, and right after I finished entering traffic, merging and turning him off, he had a caller talking about the Republicans versus the conservatives. He said, "I know you keep telling us not to vote for a third party, but if the Republicans don't actually turn conservative we're not going to turn out for them."

Hannity started talking, and in all fairness I turned him off before he finished his point, but it sounded like he was saying that those darned Republicans had learned their lessons and we should trust them now.

The whole Scott Brown episode sank any hope I had of people actually being that smart. There was a legitimate reason to vote for him, but seeing how many people were disappointed by his very first vote meant that, as always, people only saw what they wanted to see.

.Tom
03-19-2010, 01:37 PM
You know what they say, trusting a politician is like having unprotected sex with a third world prostitute, you never know what you're going to get.