PDA

View Full Version : National project needs Facebook fans.

reepotomac
03-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Hi. My name is John Ringer and I have an ambitous hair-brained plan. I wrote a protest song and I want it to sweep the country and change mass psychology. I'm going to quote an article about "The Times They are A' Changin'" by Bob Dylan, because it capteures so well what I was trying to do.

Dylan appears to have written the song in September and October 1963. Dylan recalled writing the song as a deliberate attempt to create an anthem of change for the moment.

Dylan critic Michael Gray called it "the archetypal protest song." Gray commented, "Dylan's aim was to ride upon the unvoiced sentiment of a mass public—to give that inchoate sentiment an anthem and give its clamour an outlet.

OK having said that, I need some group participation. Nothing hard. Request the song and send some e mails. Make a phone call if you have revolutionary zeal.
The ENTIRE story is in this article in the Libertarian News Examiner. If you live in ID, NH, VT, KS, OK, KY or AL you can start now, but I need Facebook Fans or MySpace members. Grassroots support, you know. There are some syndicated shows I'd love to hit with a couple hundred e mails at some point. Think how much you would LOVE for a politician to hear this song. How much you would LOVE for them to realize that THAT is what's big now.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-26370-Libertarian-News-Examiner~y2010m2d23-The-revolution-has-a-theme-song