PDA

View Full Version : National sign blitz?

jrich4rpaul
10-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Think it's time for a national Ron Paul for President sign blitz day? I know meetup groups have done similar, as well as the national Ron Paul walk. But maybe we need a day, once or twice a month until the end of the year, that every supporter, in every city and every state (if there's no meetup in a certain area, get members to go there as well), put up at least one Ron Paul for President sign/sticker/flyer in a busy area (let's maybe try to cut down on the Revolution signs, it's time to expand the message to more than the youth crowd, and it's been known to give us a cult image).

This would definately attract media attention, and if we do this professionally (respect property, use official signs, use website address, etc) this has potential to help us out this quarter.

Just a brainstorm of mine. Now, discuss :)

kylejack
10-08-2007, 04:28 PM
It was called Paint the Town Ron. And previously, The Overnight. It will continue, don't worry.

jrich4rpaul
10-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Yes, was. But signs get taken down. I saw a Ron Paul sign put up on the highway that was taken down 6 hours later. Which is why doing it regularly would help.

thehittgirl
10-08-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm still putting homemade signs up. Took a break last night, but we're supposed to go out tonight.

Signs are a good thing...although we got NO media attention here, I know people are seeing them.

DrNoZone
10-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Yes, was. But signs get taken down. I saw a Ron Paul sign put up on the highway that was taken down 6 hours later. Which is why doing it regularly would help.

I think we should move on from so much sign hanging to something that CAN'T be taken down, like print/radio advertising for exactly the reason you cite above.

jrich4rpaul
10-08-2007, 04:38 PM
I think we should move on from so much sign hanging to something that CAN'T be taken down, like print/radio advertising for exactly the reason you cite above.

Radio, paper ads, billboards, etc are all good ideas, which I already see people working on, which is good. But I think we need to cover all areas of this because not everyone can afford to chip in to fund ads.

DrNoZone
10-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Radio, paper ads, billboards, etc are all good ideas, which I already see people working on, which is good. But I think we need to cover all areas of this because not everyone can afford to chip in to fund ads.

But they can afford to buy sign material? Our meetup group does plenty of signs, and it costs us quite a bit for stencils, vinyl, zip ties and can after can of spray paint. And then it takes lots of time to hang them all over town, and we're lucky if they stay up 24 hours anymore.

I'm not saying we shouldn't do signs, but it seems that we should be focusing more on other things to me.

thehittgirl
10-08-2007, 05:05 PM
But they can afford to buy sign material? Our meetup group does plenty of signs, and it costs us quite a bit for stencils, vinyl, zip ties and can after can of spray paint. And then it takes lots of time to hang them all over town, and we're lucky if they stay up 24 hours anymore.

I'm not saying we shouldn't do signs, but it seems that we should be focusing more on other things to me.

Small signs: Free cardboard boxes from Dunkin Donuts, stencils from Wal Mart 1.72, Sharpie type markers from $ store, nails-2.XX forget what the change was. I paint the boxes with cheap white primer I had leftover from painting my house...it was 6.00 but it goes a long way....