PDA

View Full Version : What will you put on your census form under "race"?

Morgan Brykein
03-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Not only do I despise the whole construct of "race," but I do not think the government should keep official statistics on this sort of thing. I'm checking the "other" box, and writing in "Human."

amy31416
03-11-2010, 07:34 PM
"Lizard"

torchbearer
03-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Lizard

zach
03-11-2010, 07:36 PM
I like the "Human" idea.

low preference guy
03-11-2010, 07:37 PM
I think I'm going to put "A mix of different ethnicities. Too many to list all". Or just "Too many to list" is there isn't enough space.

UtahApocalypse
03-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Race is not needed for the enumeration as required by the Constitution and thusly I will not give ANY answer to questions other then HOW MANY PERSONS.

Anti Federalist
03-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Race is not needed for the enumeration as required by the Constitution and thusly I will not give ANY answer to questions other then HOW MANY PERSONS.

That +1776

Anti Federalist
03-11-2010, 07:58 PM
To Whom it May Concern,

Pursuant to Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution, the only information you are empowered to request is the total number of occupants at this address. My “name, sex, age, date of birth, race, ethnicity, telephone number, relationship and housing tenure” have absolutely nothing to do with apportioning direct taxes or determining the number of representatives in the House of Representatives. Therefore, neither Congress nor the Census Bureau have the constitutional authority to make that information request a component of the enumeration outlined in Article I, Section 2, Clause 3. In addition, I cannot be subject to a fine for basing my conduct on the Constitution because that document trumps laws passed by Congress.

Interstate Commerce Commission v. Brimson, 154 U.S. 447, 479 (May 26, 1894)

“Neither branch of the legislative department [House of Representatives or Senate], still less any merely administrative body [such as the Census Bureau], established by congress, possesses, or can be invested with, a general power of making inquiry into the private affairs of the citizen. Kilbourn v. Thompson, 103 U.S. 168, 190. We said in Boyd v. U.S., 116 U. S. 616, 630, 6 Sup. Ct. 524,―and it cannot be too often repeated,―that the principles that embody the essence of constitutional liberty and security forbid all invasions on the part of government and it’s employees of the sanctity of a man’s home and the privacies of his life. As said by Mr. Justice Field in Re Pacific Ry. Commission, 32 Fed. 241, 250, ‘of all the rights of the citizen, few are of greater importance or more essential to his peace and happiness than the right of personal security, and that involves, not merely protection of his person from assault, but exemption of his private affairs, books, and papers from inspection and scrutiny of others. Without the enjoyment of this right, all others would lose half their value.’”

Note: This United States Supreme Court case has never been overturned.

Respectfully,

A Citizen of the United States of America

disorderlyvision
03-11-2010, 08:06 PM
nothing, my census will be in the trash

Fox McCloud
03-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Combine =p

(wonder how many will get that)

Morgan Brykein
03-11-2010, 08:10 PM
To be fair, the Census hasn't been used for it's intended purpose (apportionment of the House) since the 1920s.

JK/SEA
03-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Drag

jsu718
03-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Native American... which I will have to write in under "other"... after all, I was born here.

awake
03-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Do me a favor and put environmentalist under religion.

DirtMcGirt
03-11-2010, 08:15 PM
terrestrial- of or relating to the earth or its inhabitants

BuddyRey
03-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Nothing at all.

low preference guy
03-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Do me a favor and put environmentalist under religion.

lol

Anti Federalist
03-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Combine =p

Thrown into the combine and shredded?

;)

RM918
03-11-2010, 08:34 PM
To be fair, the Census hasn't been used for it's intended purpose (apportionment of the House) since the 1920s.

Hasn't it, actually, never been used for its attended purpose? Purely, at least.

If I recall correctly, the first census ever didn't even limit its questioning.

Flash
03-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Everyone should put down Reptilian.

evilfunnystuff
03-11-2010, 08:49 PM
if i was to fill it in i would put relay or 500k or maybe reptillian as others have suggested but i wont be filling that part out

all they will get out of me is number of people in the household and that they are all over 18

the last census people came to my house askin shit and thats all i gave em

they said i had to tell them more i said fuck you this is all you get i said what are you gonna do when i slam the door in your face they said we will come back

they did twice and i refused to answer the door and i never heard anything from them again

TinCanToNA
03-11-2010, 09:05 PM
I was thinking about "American," although that's too nationalist. "Human" is good, if a little generic. In the end, I will probably put down "Nunya."

driller80545
03-11-2010, 09:19 PM
I put American. Did the same on the last census. They came to my door and told me that I couldn't be "American". I started laughing and left them standing at the door. Will do so again when they show up this year.

Morgan Brykein
03-11-2010, 09:31 PM
I put American. Did the same on the last census. They came to my door and told me that I couldn't be "American". I started laughing and left them standing at the door. Will do so again when they show up this year.

I can't help but think of the opening to American Dad.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
03-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Feringi

Anti Federalist
03-11-2010, 09:57 PM
if i was to fill it in i would put relay

That made me laugh.

Race, hmmm, lesseee

Relay?

NASCAR?

Canoe?

South Park Fan
03-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Can't decide between Ewok or Klingon.

TastyWheat
03-12-2010, 12:25 AM
W.a.s.p.

Captain Bryan
03-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Combine =p

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/3523/182556-weapon_crowbar_large.jpg

Fox McCloud
03-12-2010, 01:12 AM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/3523/182556-weapon_crowbar_large.jpg

we have a winner!

GunnyFreedom
03-12-2010, 01:13 AM
Actually, I was going to leave it blank, but I really really like the idea of putting "Human" down instead. If enough people throughout the US were to do that, then they would be forced to report that X% of respondents listed their race as "human" which, if it caught on, could actually (really, not for fake) one day lead to a post-racial society.

RM918
03-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Actually, I was going to leave it blank, but I really really like the idea of putting "Human" down instead. If enough people throughout the US were to do that, then they would be forced to report that X% of respondents listed their race as "human" which, if it caught on, could actually (really, not for fake) one day lead to a post-racial society.

We could only hope. It's a small step, but I'll be doing it.

tremendoustie
03-12-2010, 04:01 AM
You're answering the census? At least make them come visit you a few times.

tremendoustie
03-12-2010, 04:03 AM

good man

And I suggest not answering the door when they come around.

GunnyFreedom
03-12-2010, 04:57 AM
You're answering the census? At least make them come visit you a few times.

I am a Constitutionalist, and at least part of the Census is Constitutionally required. If I were to just throw it away, then I would be a hypocrite. Standing on principles is meaningless if you only stand when it's convenient.

Elwar
03-12-2010, 09:24 AM
My answer will be: 2 people reside at this address

All other answers: blank

If it comes down to it, I usually answer Native American.

If they need me to be more specific...Native North American

even more...Native of the United States of America

and even more specific...Native Michigander.

I think leaving it blank will be easier though.

Danke
03-12-2010, 09:28 AM

3rd census in a row for me.

pacelli
03-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Nothing. I don't engage in competitive racing.

pcosmar
03-12-2010, 09:38 AM
My answer will be: 2 people reside at this address

All other answers: blank

If it comes down to it, I usually answer Native American.

If they need me to be more specific...Native North American

even more...Native of the United States of America

and even more specific...Native Michigander.

I think leaving it blank will be easier though.

What I find interesting is that the Census offices in ths area are both run by the tribes.
Located in tribal offices.
I will be responding as human, and also will print and include Anti Fed's letter.

To Whom it May Concern,

Pursuant to Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution, the only information you are empowered to request is the total number of occupants at this address. My “name, sex, age, date of birth, race, ethnicity, telephone number, relationship and housing tenure” have absolutely nothing to do with apportioning direct taxes or determining the number of representatives in the House of Representatives. Therefore, neither Congress nor the Census Bureau have the constitutional authority to make that information request a component of the enumeration outlined in Article I, Section 2, Clause 3. In addition, I cannot be subject to a fine for basing my conduct on the Constitution because that document trumps laws passed by Congress.

Interstate Commerce Commission v. Brimson, 154 U.S. 447, 479 (May 26, 1894)

“Neither branch of the legislative department [House of Representatives or Senate], still less any merely administrative body [such as the Census Bureau], established by congress, possesses, or can be invested with, a general power of making inquiry into the private affairs of the citizen. Kilbourn v. Thompson, 103 U.S. 168, 190. We said in Boyd v. U.S., 116 U. S. 616, 630, 6 Sup. Ct. 524,―and it cannot be too often repeated,―that the principles that embody the essence of constitutional liberty and security forbid all invasions on the part of government and it’s employees of the sanctity of a man’s home and the privacies of his life. As said by Mr. Justice Field in Re Pacific Ry. Commission, 32 Fed. 241, 250, ‘of all the rights of the citizen, few are of greater importance or more essential to his peace and happiness than the right of personal security, and that involves, not merely protection of his person from assault, but exemption of his private affairs, books, and papers from inspection and scrutiny of others. Without the enjoyment of this right, all others would lose half their value.’”

Note: This United States Supreme Court case has never been overturned.

Respectfully,

A Citizen of the United States of America

I like it. :)

axiomata
03-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Check out the link to the Walter Williams interview on FreedomWatch. (http://freedomwatchonfox.com/2010/03/02/03022010-freedom-watch-88-w-john-lott-ilya-shapiro-eric-boiling-walter-williams/101372/)

He's got a great story on an inquiry as to his race upon deploying to Vietnam.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Not only do I despise the whole construct of "race," but I do not think the government should keep official statistics on this sort of thing. I'm checking the "other" box, and writing in "Human."

If we are made to aim directly at the apple in a tree, then we will always fall short; likewise, if all that we recognize ruling over us is legal precedence, then, like the rest of the world, we will live in darkness never acheiving our Civil Purpose. In order to hit an apple in a tree, we must aim for the ideal of a blue sky; likewise, in order for the legal precedence in the U.S. Constitution to work for our sake, we must keep our Civil Purpose in our hearts with this being the Truth declared by our Founding Fathers in The Declaration of Independence, our divorce from tyranny.
While all these petty legal precedents we discuss in this forum are issues manifest by partisan political campaigns, our Civil Purpose will only be won by way of a bipartisan American movement back towards the natural law, the political Truth declared by our Founding Fathers.
If the people's economy is not based on the Truth, then what good is it? And what type of economy do we have if it is not based on the Truth? While tyranny continues deceiving us into thinking we need to be further manipulated politically, the Truth has already set us free.
As the king once owned all property and the purse, now the people own all property and the purse (with this being the economy). Tyranny has no need of an economy as it is soveriegn, he or she will always have something to wear, something to ride around in, and something to eat. The people are the ones who need an economy because they are at a severe disadvantage to the necessary tyranny ruling over them. So, we need to learn to tolerate people living under their bridges and in their parks by leaving them alone, just as a king living under his or her bridge or in his or her parks would have been left alone by us. Let's allow them work it out, without government and family assistance, while focussing on taking back control of the economy.

driege
03-12-2010, 10:39 AM
good man

And I suggest not answering the door when they come around.

I think it undermines our constitutional principles to totally refuse the census. Filling out only the portion required by the Constitution is taking a stand on principle. Throwing the whole thing in the trash leans more anarchist.

tremendoustie
03-12-2010, 10:43 AM
I think it undermines our constitutional principles to totally refuse the census. Filling out only the portion required by the Constitution is taking a stand on principle. Throwing the whole thing in the trash leans more anarchist.

I don't think anyone has a right to demand information of me, on threat of fines or jail. You could say I don't agree with that portion of the constitution, or at least the way it's carried out.

But I respect those who only answer the constitutional portion -- or even those who wait for a few visits. I think the only wrong thing is to fill the whole thing out right away like a good little serf ;).

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-12-2010, 10:43 AM

The U.S. Constitution for the sake of the U.S. Constitution is no better than anarchy. While the best a "more perfect union" can be is a necessary tyranny, the purpose of the U.S. Constitution's legal precedence is to serve the people's Civil purpose.

DAFTEK
03-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Judge Napolitano was talking about the census and said something along the line that there are allot of personal and intimate questions on there and if not answered they will now fine you $100 per question? Did i hear this correctly? WTF?

tremendoustie
03-12-2010, 10:51 AM
I am a Constitutionalist, and at least part of the Census is Constitutionally required. If I were to just throw it away, then I would be a hypocrite. Standing on principles is meaningless if you only stand when it's convenient.

Fair enough. I do think those who only answer the first question are also taking an excellent stand for liberty.

You know, the constitution only says this:

"[An] Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct."

This portion of the constitution does not inherently violate the NAP -- an "enumeration" could be taken without threatening fines or jail. Yet, the way they conduct the census does violate the NAP.

I'd say the constitution does not necessarily endorse the census as we have it.

tremendoustie
03-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Judge Napolitano was talking about the census and said something along the line that there are allot of personal and intimate questions on there and if not answered they will now fine you $100 per question? Did i hear this correctly? WTF?

They threaten all kinds of fines, but in the past they haven't followed through. There are just too many people who don't answer -- and they have to visit you a few times first.

This is not legal advice, but I think it's fairly safe to wait for a while, and at least make them do some legwork, before deciding if they're really going to fine you, or you're willing to risk it.

tremendoustie
03-12-2010, 10:54 AM
3rd census in a row for me.

Mah herro!

DAFTEK
03-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Rep. Bachmann Refuses To Fill Out 2010 Census
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-5095844-503544.html

DAFTEK
03-12-2010, 11:05 AM
YouTube - Concerns with the 2010 Census (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrQ5Ez6Gork)

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-12-2010, 11:06 AM
I don't think anyone has a right to demand information of me, on threat of fines or jail. You could say I don't agree with that portion of the constitution, or at least the way it's carried out.

But I respect those who only answer the constitutional portion -- or even those who wait for a few visits. I think the only wrong thing is to fill the whole thing out right away like a good little serf ;).

Your zeal for liberty assumes the tyrant's proclamation is true that young men have forever died for it. But this is emotionalism. The only truth we can be certain about these dying young men, if we must trespass violating the sanctity of their souls in such a way, is that the final act expressed in their hearts was to give their love to their mothers first. After that, we can be fairly certain that they never died for God as they wouldn't have had the peace to read their bibles, as well as they never died for their nation as such is in contempt of the Truth and the people's Civil Purpose. As worthless men, they died for the sake of even more worthless sons of men and for the chance at eating the American cheeseburger.

haaaylee
03-12-2010, 11:38 AM
N/A

CzargwaR
03-12-2010, 11:41 AM
It costs them $56 to visit your house. Do you really want them to waste more money by throwing away the form?

pcosmar
03-12-2010, 12:35 PM
It costs them $56 to visit your house. Do you really want them to waste more money by throwing away the form?

They will just print more. It may hasten the collapse.
Sounds good to me. ;)

They hand delivered the form to my house rather than mail it. Any good logic behind that?

mediahasyou
03-12-2010, 12:37 PM

No one knows where that $56 would go otherwise. The government isn't about to give you the $56 back if you fill out the census.

That $56 may be $56 less going towards killing an Afghan.

Cowlesy
03-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Race?

World of Outlaws

dannno
03-12-2010, 12:42 PM

+1

Anti Federalist
03-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Race?

World of Outlaws

lolololololololololol

tremendoustie
03-12-2010, 01:08 PM

Yes. I want tyranny to cost them as much money as possible.

tremendoustie
03-12-2010, 01:08 PM
No one knows where that $56 would go otherwise. The government isn't about to give you the $56 back if you fill out the census.

Exactly. The federal government does far more evil than good.

Old Ducker
03-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Persian. Muaaa :p

kahless
03-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Klingon :D

Michael Landon
03-12-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm putting "Germanic."

- ML

Maestro232
03-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Other: Terrorist

puppetmaster
03-12-2010, 03:51 PM
i am putting "yes"

LibertyMage
03-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Trashcan

LibertyBrews
03-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Probably "Right Wing Extremist", maybe Ron Paul Kook.

RideTheDirt
03-13-2010, 01:19 AM
Other: Terrorist
LOL

but seriously, bad idea

dwdollar
03-13-2010, 02:32 AM
"Lizard"

Hey watch it buddy. That's racist. We prefer to be called Reptoids.

Marenco
03-13-2010, 03:31 AM
Roman.

RedStripe
03-13-2010, 03:33 AM
"The Dude"

Michael Landon
03-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Actually, I'm listing my race as Prussian.

- ML

Mini-Me
03-13-2010, 11:51 AM
I wonder if there's a checkbox for Turians?

DapperDan
03-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Robot.