PDA

View Full Version : YouTube and Google playing games?

Revolution9
06-06-2007, 07:37 PM
I have been trying to get the video at youtube to pop up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhXoHCZZXWw

all I get is the spinning loader dots.. Same with
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8_BjK1QqDOo

A query of google brings up notghing about Ron Paul at the debates but hilights a bunch of controversial BS. As well all the other candidates show up next to Dr Pauls non-loading video and they will load. I thought it may be a case of a slammed server but when a search of google for Ron Paul NH debate turned up false leads to negative articles and glossy articles about his opponents i started to wonder.. So i thought I would point this issue out and see if it is a persistent across the board thing or an IP related censoring..

Best
Randy

orenbus
06-06-2007, 07:41 PM
If there isn't a general problem happening with youtube right now, then i would say something is up. I've tried doing a youtube search for "ron paul" and then sort by (Date Added) to check the latest videos about ron paul and its stuck on results from last night!

ckg242
06-06-2007, 07:49 PM
I've tried doing a youtube search for "ron paul" and then sort by (Date Added) to check the latest videos about ron paul and its stuck on results from last night!

I've noticed that also. I've been checking for the msnbc interview all evening by searching Ron Paul and then sorting by date and according to the results the last post was 19 hours ago.

But, I just tried the same with Rudy and I get the same results.

kylejack
06-06-2007, 07:55 PM
The videos load fine for me. Please note that Youtube just implemented some new interface features, like a dock bar on each video that shows related videos, so maybe they're working out some kinks.

joenaab
06-06-2007, 08:02 PM
I just did a search at 10pm EST and the videos that came up were posted 19 hours ago or greater. The first two didn't have "Ron Paul" in the title or the description, but did have "Rudi Giuliani" in the title.

AgentSmith
06-06-2007, 08:14 PM
I have been trying to get the video at youtube to pop up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhXoHCZZXWw

all I get is the spinning loader dots.. Same with
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8_BjK1QqDOo

A query of google brings up notghing about Ron Paul at the debates but hilights a bunch of controversial BS. As well all the other candidates show up next to Dr Pauls non-loading video and they will load. I thought it may be a case of a slammed server but when a search of google for Ron Paul NH debate turned up false leads to negative articles and glossy articles about his opponents i started to wonder.. So i thought I would point this issue out and see if it is a persistent across the board thing or an IP related censoring..

Best
Randy

Completely close your browser (all instances of it) then open again and try. This happens to me every time I watch about 4 or 5 videos in the same browser. Im using firefox, I dont know if that has anything to do with it, or it may be my java runtime. Whatever it is there is clearly a technical issue that requires closing the browser from time to time (at least for me).

orenbus
06-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Browser caching can sometimes be a problem but I think the things we are seeing right now is due to maintenance as was mentioned before. I've tried accessing the "Date Added" Sort on search results page in different browsers and computers with the same results. Its not a client side issue its definetly server side and probably due to some search collection gathering capability in their database thats frozen.

orenbus
06-06-2007, 08:22 PM
At some point tho we should let youtube know of the bug, I'm sure we're not the only ones that are looking for ron paul videos and sorting by date to get content about the post debate coverage.

AgentSmith
06-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Browser caching can sometimes be a problem but I think the things we are seeing right now is due to maintenance as was mentioned before. I've tried accessing the "Date Added" Sort on search results page in different browsers and computers with the same results. Its not a client side issue its definetly server side and probably due to some search collection gathering capability in their database thats frozen.

Different search results are because different servers havent got complete replication of the search data yet. fwiw im not referring to 'browser caching' theres a technical issue with their java video client. And its always appeared that anything added to youtube takes upwards of 6 hours to appear in the search results.

orenbus
06-06-2007, 08:27 PM
I've noticed that lag as well, yes it could be replication of data through server clusters is the problem. The client for video is flash tho communicating to php unless you mean java on the server side.

Therion
06-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Youtube loaders suck. It has nothing to do with Ron Paul.

cujothekitten
06-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Youtube loaders suck. It has nothing to do with Ron Paul.

QFT

AZ Libertarian
06-07-2007, 02:38 PM
I haven't had any problem with YouTube and Ron Paul stuff, but I can't get google video to play Aaron Russo's "America: From Freedom to Fascism". Every time I try to load it up, it either closes my browser or gives me a string of error messages, and then closes.

Fishy.....