PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Darfur

William_Paca
03-11-2010, 07:48 AM
Does anyone on the forum know if Ron Paul actually submitted this article in "The Exile" newspaper or is it a spoof? This came up in an e-mail with a friend who is questioning Dr. Paul's foreign policy, and they raised this article to me concerning Paul's position on Darfur.

The last line in particular makes me think the whole thing is made up, but would like to know if anyone has any knowledge on this. The last line reads: "But, if the invisible hand decrees that the Darfurians being slaughtered should be wiped out, it's probably for the best."

Here is a link to the article: http://exile.ru/articles/detail.php?ARTICLE_ID=13684&IBLOCK_ID=35

I appreciate in advance any guidance anyone can give me concerning this article.

AggieforPaul
03-11-2010, 07:55 AM
You're that guy who's the last one to find out the Colbert Report is satire. Or just a shit troll, either way.

William_Paca
03-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Nice welcoming for my first post. Sorry you did not take my inquiry seriously. I have the task of debunking this article on Darfur from someone who inquired and works with our C4L chapter. Thus I sought advice from folks on this board who may know the history of the article and if it has any authenticity.

I have sent you a private message outlining my credentials as an organizer within the liberty movement. Didn't think as a newcomer I would have to prove myself before having a question answered.

Epic
03-11-2010, 09:10 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_eXile

The eXile was a Moscow-based English-language biweekly free tabloid newspaper, aimed at the city's expatriate community, which combined outrageous, sometimes satirical, content with investigative reporting. In October 2006, co-editor Jake Rudnitsky summarized the eXile's editorial policy to The Independent: "We shit on everybody equally."[1] The newspaper is now published in an online-only format.[2]

it's satire, dude.

SATIRE ALERT: We hear a lot of talk and hand-wringing about human slavery in this part of the world. But it's time to step up and stand for market principles: a free trade in slaves for the Janjaweed will die out eventually because of natural market forces, not government fiat. SATIRE ALERT

SATIRE ALERT: Though I'm not sure just now what that details of Darfur's Market-solution should look like just now, I'm way too busy, I do think it's clear the janjaweed needs to be incentivized somehow to stop its genocide. But, if the invisible hand decrees that the Darfurians being slaughtered should be wiped out, it's probably for the best. SATIRE ALERT

Ron Paul doesn't want people to die. If anybody believes this shit, they are extremely gullible, and should really re-think reading stuff on the Internet.

TonySutton
03-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Rule #1 when reading something on the internet. Know the source!

Rule#2 if you do not know the source, research it!

RM918
03-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Nice welcoming for my first post. Sorry you did not take my inquiry seriously. I have the task of debunking this article on Darfur from someone who inquired and works with our C4L chapter. Thus I sought advice from folks on this board who may know the history of the article and if it has any authenticity.

I have sent you a private message outlining my credentials as an organizer within the liberty movement. Didn't think as a newcomer I would have to prove myself before having a question answered.

Don't take it too hard. Keyboard courage is a deadly affliction that, unfortunately, not even people here can avert.

Krugerrand
03-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Don't take it too hard. Keyboard courage is a deadly affliction that, unfortunately, not even people here can avert.

The site has quite a few post-and-runs.

lester1/2jr
03-11-2010, 12:09 PM
lol texas horse sense