PDA

View Full Version : Meetup numbers falling, advice on letter.

MadEmperor
10-08-2007, 02:48 PM
My meetup numbers aren't nearly as strong they should be. Many of those who RSVP yes, don't show.

I'm thinking of writing a letter that both motivates and gets people to realize that if they don't help out the group will disappear.

angelatc
10-08-2007, 02:49 PM
My meetup numbers aren't nearly as strong they should be. Many of those who RSVP yes, don't show.

I'm thinking of writing a letter that both motivates and gets people to realize that if they don't help out the group will disappear.

You should try calling them on the phone. I know it's easier to email everybody, but calling people and talking to them is a good way to get them fired up. Email just can't replace that 'ol human touch.

BW4Paul
10-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Do you have individual contact info for most of them? If so, try calling/writing to them individually. It makes a bigger impact than just a mass letter. Your assistant organizers could probably help you-- so if you don't have any assistant organizers, now's the time to start appointing. :)

quickmike
10-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Its stuff like this that I always give as a reason I wont start a meetup group. I feel I can get more done on my own than I would trying to keep up with whats going on with the Meetup group, always calling people, emailing people, wondering what everyone is doing.

Seems like a net waste of energy to me.

I know some meetups are doing great things, but im pretty much a self starter and would end up just seeming like a dick to other meetup members that didnt show up for things.

ScotTX
10-08-2007, 02:52 PM
I feel ya, Emperor. I won't say what group I'm in, but we have over 800 members and we can barely get 10 people to any given event. Weak! It discourages me from even participating in the group, but I keep trying... Come on, people. Get off yer asses and work for Dr. Paul!