PDA

View Full Version : I did a partial fan transcript of the Ron Paul speech

btalex1990
03-10-2010, 11:48 PM
I am creating it for my article to use Ron Paul quotes in my anti war article or an article about what Ron Paul said on cspan.

I want you to rate my partial transcript and once I get the whole thing you can correct it and help me finalize it. It will also help people who are being blocked from youtube can read the transcripts.

This is the video I am transcripting for quoting Ron Paul on my next article bringing out Ron Paul being against the wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

YouTube - This War Is Illegal! Ron Paul Afghanistan War Debate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyiOGVLfy7w&aia=true)

This is what I have so far:

Transciprt from CSPAN 6:12 video redistributed by MoxNewsDotCom

topic: Withdrawing U.S. Troops from Afghanistan

Speaker: Ron Paul U.S. Congressman

Date: March 10 2010

Ron Paul:

||| means the transcript is more perfected myself to the left while the right of it is still rough draft

Mr Speaker...I rise in strong support of this resolution I think the gentlemen from Ohio for bringing this issue up it is late this war started ten years ago it's about time we talked about it. It was said earlier on that is was hard to quit a war and we shouldn't be quitting. I tell you what the real problem is it's too easy to start a war, it's too easily to get involved and that is our problem. The founders of this country tried very hard to prevent this kind of Dilemma||| we're in now, getting involved in no win wars and nobody knowing exactly who the enemy is. The war was started and justified by quoting and using the war powers resolution written in 1973 that was written after the fiasco of Vietnam to try and prevent the problems into slipping into war yet that resolution in the south is unconstitutional because it literally legalized war for ninty days. So it did exactly the opposite so here we are the ninety day permission for war, at that time is close to ten years. I'm afraid that this is a little bit too little not too late for us to do something about this, are we going do do it for ten more years? how long are we going to stay? and the enemy is said to be the Taliban. Well the Taliban they certainly don't like us, and we don't like them either. The more we kill the more Taliban we get but I wanna quote the first line of the resolution passed back in 2001 what the purpose of giving the president the power which is an illegal transfer of power to the president to persue war at will. It said the authorities a two of authorized the use of United States armed forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States. The Taliban didn't launch an attack against the United States. The government of Afghanistan didn't launch it. The best evidence is it of those 20 individuals two of them might have passed through Afghanistan. A lot of the planning was done in Germany, and Spain and the training was done here in the United States. Oh yes the image is that they all conspired, a small group of people, with Bin Laden that made this decision. Right now the evidence is not there to prove that but certainly Bin Laden was very sympathetic, loved it, and wanted to take credit for and one of the reasons he wanted to take credit was that he said it would do three things for what he wanted and first it would do it would increase his recruitment effort for al-qaeda and his attack against western powers who have become overly involved in control of the middle east and have had a plan for 20 years to remake the middle east. He also said that if we if we the consequences of 9/11 will be that we will bog the American people down in a no win war and demoralize the people and they're working on it, there still a lot of moral support but theres a lot of people in this country now that country is totally bankrupt and we're spending trillions of dollars on these useless wars. The people will become demoralized because history shows that all empires and because they expand too far and they bankrupt the country just as the soviet system came down and that's what Bin Laden was hoping for, he also said that the dollar spent will bankrupt this country and we are bankrupt and yet there is no hesitation to quit spending 1 cent overseas. We build embassies in Baghdad, We build embassy in Collboll billion dollar embassies fortresses and it is all necessary. Nobody is really concerned if people we're concerned about the disastrous effect of debt on this country. We would change our foreign policy and we would be safer for it. We are not safer because of this foreign policy it's a policy of intervention that has been going on for a long time and it will eventually end. This war is an illegal war, this war is a immoral war, this war is a unconstitutional war, and at least you can say it's illegitimate it there's no real purpose in this. The Taliban did not attack us on 9/11. You know after we went into Afghanistan immediately the concerns were shift to remaking the middle east, we went to Iraq. Use this as a justification it was nothing more then an excuse. Most Americans, The majority of Americans still believe that Saddam Hussein had something to do with 9/11, and I Imagine some Americans believe the Taliban had soimething to do with 9/11 and it's not true. We need to change our foreign policy and come back to our senses and defend this country and not pretend to be policemen of the world.

btalex1990
03-11-2010, 12:07 AM
if any of you help me with perfecting all of this I will add your name to my article that you helped with the transcripting of Ron Paul in the debate and whole purpose again of this transcripting is to create an article that Ron Paul says the the war going on now is an illegal war and we need to change foreign policy.

someperson
03-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Transcript from CSPAN 6:12 video redistributed by MoxNewsDotCom

Topic: Withdrawing U.S. Troops from Afghanistan

Speaker: Ron Paul U.S. Congressman

Date: March 10, 2010

Ron Paul:

||| means the transcript is more perfected myself to the left while the right of it is still rough draft

Mr Speaker... I rise in strong support of this resolution. I thank the gentlemen from Ohio for bringing this issue up. It is late. This war started ten years ago; it's about time we talked about it. It was said earlier on that is hard to quit a war and we shouldn't be quitting. I'll tell you what the real problem is: it's too easy to start a war, it's too easily to get involved and that is our problem.

The founders of this country tried very hard to prevent this kind of a dilemma that we're in now, getting involved in no-win wars and nobody knowing exactly who the enemy is. The war was started and justified by quoting and using the War Powers Resolution written in 1973. That was written after the fiasco of Vietnam to try to prevent the problems of slipping into war, yet that resolution in itself was unconstitutional because it literally legalized war for ninety days. So it did exactly the opposite, so here we are: the ninety-day permission for war, at that time, now, is close to ten years. I'm afraid that this is a little bit too little, hopefully, not too late for us to do something about this. Are we going to do it for ten more years? How long are we going to stay? And the enemy is said to be the Taliban. Well, the Taliban... they certainly don't like us, and we don't like them... the more we kill, the more Taliban we get.
--
I wanna quote the first line of the resolution passed back in 2001 what the purpose of giving the president the power which is an illegal transfer of power to the president to persue war at will. It said the authorities a two of authorized the use of United States armed forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States. The Taliban didn't launch an attack against the United States. The government of Afghanistan didn't launch it. The best evidence is it of those 20 individuals two of them might have passed through Afghanistan. A lot of the planning was done in Germany, and Spain and the training was done here in the United States. Oh yes the image is that they all conspired, a small group of people, with Bin Laden that made this decision. Right now the evidence is not there to prove that but certainly Bin Laden was very sympathetic, loved it, and wanted to take credit for and one of the reasons he wanted to take credit was that he said it would do three things for what he wanted and first it would do it would increase his recruitment effort for al-qaeda and his attack against western powers who have become overly involved in control of the middle east and have had a plan for 20 years to remake the middle east. He also said that if we if we the consequences of 9/11 will be that we will bog the American people down in a no win war and demoralize the people and they're working on it, there still a lot of moral support but theres a lot of people in this country now that country is totally bankrupt and we're spending trillions of dollars on these useless wars. The people will become demoralized because history shows that all empires and because they expand too far and they bankrupt the country just as the soviet system came down and that's what Bin Laden was hoping for, he also said that the dollar spent will bankrupt this country and we are bankrupt and yet there is no hesitation to quit spending 1 cent overseas. We build embassies in Baghdad, We build embassy in Collboll billion dollar embassies fortresses and it is all necessary. Nobody is really concerned if people we're concerned about the disastrous effect of debt on this country. We would change our foreign policy and we would be safer for it. We are not safer because of this foreign policy it's a policy of intervention that has been going on for a long time and it will eventually end. This war is an illegal war, this war is a immoral war, this war is a unconstitutional war, and at least you can say it's illegitimate it there's no real purpose in this. The Taliban did not attack us on 9/11. You know after we went into Afghanistan immediately the concerns were shift to remaking the middle east, we went to Iraq. Use this as a justification it was nothing more then an excuse. Most Americans, The majority of Americans still believe that Saddam Hussein had something to do with 9/11, and I Imagine some Americans believe the Taliban had soimething to do with 9/11 and it's not true. We need to change our foreign policy and come back to our senses and defend this country and not pretend to be policemen of the world.
I made some minor adjustments at the top, in support of your effort, and divided some of the text into paragraphs :)

If time is not of the essence, you may wish to wait, as Dr. Paul often releases transcripts of his statements on his site.

btalex1990
03-11-2010, 12:42 AM
I made some minor adjustments at the top, in support of your effort, and divided some of the text into paragraphs :)

very good. It looks good. thanks for helping me. I will skim through it and if it looks completed then you have fixed the problem and I am done in this topic.

oh ok it looks like your still working on it. I am glad you took on this task after I took on the task of transcripting it. Any of you will be able to use it to make good quotes of Ron paul and write articles. It will help us explain to the nation why we shouldn't be in Iraq for decades :)

someperson
03-11-2010, 01:03 AM
I'm quite busy, unfortunately, or I would do more. I'll leave it to you and others to continue. I should also note that, since I'm obviously not a professional transcriber, I wasn't sure if it was appropriate or not for me to adjust his words in order to construct more grammatically sound sentences. I tried to avoid changing any of his words, which left some sentences sounding a bit choppy, if you know what I mean (lol). I'd love to know how transcribers typically deal with adjusting speeches into natural sounding text.

All the best :)

rajibo
03-11-2010, 01:12 AM
You could save a lot of time energy by just waiting for it to be posted on his House page.

http://www.house.gov/paul/legis.shtml

btalex1990
03-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Well I went ahead to add the transcript to my information library section of my website and am creating the article now. Those that did help me can tell me their full name unless they don't want to give their name for obvious reasons.

I am creating the article and will syndicate it to Federal Jack and post it as news here when I am done