View Full Version : New York looks to ban salt in restaurant cooking

Anti Federalist
03-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Cross posted, I know.

Chefs Call Proposed New York Salt Ban 'Absurd'

Updated: Wednesday, 10 Mar 2010, 9:47 PM EST
Published : Wednesday, 10 Mar 2010, 7:36 PM EST

By ARUN KRISTIAN DAS / MyFox New York
http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/new_york_state/chefs-call-proposed-new-york-salt-ban-absurd-20100310-akd
MYFOXNY.COM - Some New York City chefs and restaurant owners are taking aim at a bill introduced in the New York Legislature that, if passed, would ban the use of salt in restaurant cooking.

"No owner or operator of a restaurant in this state shall use salt in any form in the preparation of any food for consumption by customers of such restaurant, including food prepared to be consumed on the premises of such restaurant or off of such premises," the bill, A. 10129 , states in part.

The legislation, which Assemblyman Felix Ortiz , D-Brooklyn, introduced on March 5, would fine restaurants $1,000 for each violation.

"The consumer needs to make their own health choices. Just as doctors and the occasional visit to a hospital can't truly control how a person chooses to maintain their health, neither can chefs nor the occasional visit to a restaurant," said Jeff Nathan, the executive chef and co-owner of Abigael's on Broadway. "Modifying trans fats and sodium intake needs to be home based for optimal health. Regulating restaurants will not solve this health issue."

Nathan is part of the group My Food My Choice , which calls itself a coalition of chefs, restaurant owners, and consumers, called the proposed law "absurd" in a press release issued on its Facebook page.

Ortiz has said the salt ban would allow restaurant patrons to decide how salty they want their meals to be.

"In this way, consumers have more control over the amount of sodium they intake, and are given the option to exercise healthier diets and healthier lifestyles," Ortiz said, according to a Nation's Restaurant News report.

But many chefs and restaurant owners said they are tired of politicians dictating what they can serve and what people can eat. They have opposed the city's anti-sodium and anti-transfat campaigns.

"Chefs would be handcuffed in their food preparation, and many are already in open rebellion over this legislation," said Orit Sklar, of My Food My Choice. "Ortiz and fellow anti-salt zealot Mayor Michael Bloomberg of New York City seek to undermine the food and restaurant business in the entire state."

The American Heart Association encourages Americans to reduce their sodium intake and has advocated the reduction of sodium used by food manufacturers and restaurants by 50 percent over a 10-year period.

Pericles
03-10-2010, 09:41 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, I have concluded some people are too stupid to be free.

silverhandorder
03-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Can you still salt your food after you buy it? Way to be fucktards...

Guess it is time for me to walk around with packets of salt eh?

phill4paul
03-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Well damn right they should. In the bastion of the metro-sexual male more rules mean more security. :rolleyes:

Uriel999
03-10-2010, 09:44 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, I have concluded some people are too stupid to be free.

In a free society they would be weeded out by natural selection.

Ninja Homer
03-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Other thread on it: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=235293
(not complaining, just for referencing)

Anti Federalist
03-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Other thread on it: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=235293
(not complaining, just for referencing)

I openly admit to cross posting, but thought that the exposure more than merited the deed.

Bruno
03-10-2010, 09:53 PM
I openly admit to cross posting, but thought that the exposure more than merited the deed.

and a dash of salt, too! :)

Anti Federalist
03-10-2010, 09:56 PM
and a dash of salt, too! :)

Right, that!

Win!:D

Cowlesy
03-10-2010, 09:59 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Well I guess the good thing is, this is so absurd, that people are going to freak out, especially out the food people in the city (which there are many).

Ninja Homer
03-10-2010, 10:00 PM

I agree.

This is beyond ridiculous... how the hell do you cook a decent dish without salt? Say goodbye to New York bagels, or pretty much any decent bread. Will they have to use unsalted butter for their recipes? How about soy sauce? How about fast food places, will they have to come up with special versions just for their New York franchises? The whole thing is so stupid I can't believe they're even considering it.

Kotin
03-10-2010, 10:00 PM
I find this compellingly ridiculous.. insane.. and yet hilarious.. dear fuck..

paulitics
03-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Salt is actually good for you too. It is very dangerous to be on a very low sodium diet.

phill4paul
03-10-2010, 10:06 PM
I think AFs point here, I apolagize for taking the liberty and please correct me if I err, is that there are so many laws, about trivial shit, that there is not one amongst us that has not broken a law today.

Anti Federalist
03-10-2010, 10:07 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Well I guess the good thing is, this is so absurd, that people are going to freak out, especially out the food people in the city (which there are many).

Insane isn't it?

And they say, "well, just add salt at the table". Nonsense. Not only an insult to any good chef (food should be perfectly seasoned upon arrival at the table) but salt added in the cooking process renders a completely different taste than salt sprinkled on after the fact.

Anti Federalist
03-10-2010, 10:08 PM
I think AFs point here, I apolagize for taking the liberty and please correct me if I err, is that there are so many laws, about trivial shit, that there is not one amongst us that has not broken a law today.

Thread winner!!

That is exactly the point.

We are ALL criminals.

It's all about seeing just how many hoops we will jump through, about seeing how much we will take and erecting a grid of laws, surveillance and enforcement that will enslave us all, all through seemingly idiotic, nagging, petty laws such as this.

This is just the sort of infraction leveled against a cook or chef that will get his biometric work ID shut off.

phill4paul
03-10-2010, 10:32 PM
This is just the sort of infraction leveled against a cook or chef that will get his biometric work ID shut off.

Just that. And you are in the matrix with TWIC.

First they want an National I.D. card. And when the majority of Americans balk and force state legislatures to nullify they drop it. Then resume it under a "Worker I.D. Card." An amazingly successful "bi-partisan" effort that I hope everyone caught.

Then we have the McCain/Lieberman "Belligerent" crap. Oh well. Guess I broke another law. Only this time its not ignorance.

Fuck you!

It's never ending. It has become a constant battle between individual freedom and the state.

It is no longer an affair that without vigilance they will control us.

It has become an affair in which they already do and vigilance is a notion that has passed.

What attribute comes after vigilance?

sevin
03-10-2010, 10:34 PM
If people are worried about sodium in their diets, maybe they shouldn't go to restaurants and order food with so much fucking salt in it. But noooooo.... they need big brother to take care of their diet for them. pathetic

Paulitical Correctness
03-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Are people really that afraid of responsibility? That they want legislation that will tell them how to think, feel, and act? It's like a dystopian novel. Sheesh.

ATruepatriot
03-10-2010, 10:41 PM
All you taste is salt,This is how terrible cooks hide their screw ups,I know this as a certified Chef.The salt is on the table for the consumer to use at their discretion.
If you need any salt at all you are eating in the wrong place,Serious,This means the food they are serving you is not fresh and or whole.
Don't even think about asking for Ketchup.

Ninja Homer
03-10-2010, 10:42 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt#Health_effects

"Sodium is one of the primary electrolytes in the body. All four cationic electrolytes (sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium) are available in unrefined salt, as are other vital minerals needed for optimal bodily function. Too much or too little salt in the diet can lead to muscle cramps, dizziness, or electrolyte disturbance, which can cause neurological problems, or be fatal.[39] Drinking too much water, with insufficient salt intake, puts a person at risk of water intoxication (hyponatremia). Salt is sometimes used as a health aid, such as in treatment of dysautonomia.[40]"

phill4paul
03-10-2010, 10:43 PM
All you taste is salt,This is how terrible cooks hide their screw ups,I know this as a certified Chef.The salt is on the table for the consumer to use at their discretion.
If you need any salt at all you are eating in the wrong place,Serious,This means the food they are serving you is not fresh and or whole.

Honestly, this was not a post about cooking. IMHO.

dannno
03-10-2010, 11:05 PM
You're actually supposed to add salt at various stages of cooking in order to create optimal flavor, not after it's all done.

Not to mention, even sweet deserts usually have a couple pinches of salt.

It's really sad yet comical to watch politicians make laws about things they know nothing about.

Brian4Liberty
03-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Honestly, this was not a post about cooking. IMHO.

Of course, but the topic does spawn this obvious offshoot. Many restaurants do over salt/MSG their food. When you get used to lower salt levels, some restaurant food is inedible. That being said, I cooked for years without adding any salt at all, and it was too bland for most people. A little salt is necessary to bring out flavor.

Another factor is that most restaurants use processed foods when prepping (canned tomatoes or sauce for instance), and those are very high in sodium, but at that point it is only serving as a preservative, and the flavor aspects are mostly lost. As AF said, there is a big difference between salt in the processed food, the salt used during fresh food prep, and salt added at the table.

This is certainly an area that the free markets should be able to handle. :rolleyes:

dannno
03-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Don't even think about asking for Ketchup.

You're eating at the wrong restaurants then :confused:

I dunno, there aren't any bad restaurants that i know of in my town and there are a lot of restaurants.

nate895
03-10-2010, 11:12 PM
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/facepalm.jpg

This kind of stuff doesn't even deserve the dignity of a reasoned response. Someone who wants to ban salt from restaurants is beyond reason.

amy31416
03-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Jesus effing Christ. You can't even make a loaf of decent bread without a bit of salt, believe me, I've forgotten to add it and it's practically inedible.

specsaregood
03-11-2010, 12:00 AM
//

DamianTV
03-11-2010, 12:32 AM
Demolition Man, here we come. Now all we need is Taco Bell to win the fast food warz.

amonasro
03-11-2010, 01:10 AM
You're actually supposed to add salt at various stages of cooking in order to create optimal flavor, not after it's all done.

Not to mention, even sweet deserts usually have a couple pinches of salt.

It's really sad yet comical to watch politicians make laws about things they know nothing about.

So true. Kosher salt, sea salt... there are many types that chefs use, and they have a much better flavor than table salt. Talk about ignorance. Salt is an integral part in flavoring foods, especially in NYC's restaurant scene. It pulls out moisture, enhances flavor, used in rubs, preserves meats... chefs would freak if they couldn't use it.

Have you ever prepared food without salt? It's soooo bland. Sodium "wakes up" your tastebuds. Trained chefs use it to make food taste incredible. Plus it's good for you in the correct amounts. This legislation is horseshit.

wildturkey
03-11-2010, 06:04 AM
Im sitting here trying to think of one cooked dish i dont load salt onto, i really think i would go nuts if this happened in my town, but living in NC i love watching these liberal social-experiment cities implode on their own ineptness, makes me glad to be down south, in fact our state govt is trying to get out of the food/beverage market by privatizing liquor, pretty exciting

Libertini
03-11-2010, 06:34 AM
If you watch John Stossel, he says that Mayor Bloomberg supports the salt ban, but has been seen shaking salt on all his food, even pizza.

EVEN PIZZA.

PIZZA!!!!!!!!

WHO THE FUCK SHAKES SALT ON PIZZA? It's already plenty salty from the mozzarella.

Cowlesy
03-11-2010, 07:19 AM
Insane isn't it?

And they say, "well, just add salt at the table". Nonsense. Not only an insult to any good chef (food should be perfectly seasoned upon arrival at the table) but salt added in the cooking process renders a completely different taste than salt sprinkled on after the fact.

That's the thing, and many on the thread have pointed it out, that chefs use salt in the cooking process itself --- almost everything has a tiny bit of it.

fisharmor
03-11-2010, 08:12 AM
It's not just a flavoring. It's one of the building blocks of human civilization. It's up there with fire in terms of importance.
Think of all the components of a dish that already contain salt. If they were following the letter of the law, they couldn't put fucking cheese in any dish, because it was prepared with salt and the law uses an open-ended "salt in any form".

Ultimately, all the police beating videos in the world aren't going to wake anyone up when it comes to abuses of the law. The real problem is that when the law becomes a farce, then people do not feel compelled to pay any attention to it. How can one take theft or murder seriously, when the same people who are tasked with dealing with it choose instead to spend their time fining people for flavoring their food?

They are sending a specific message to the populace with laws like this: our society does not consider theft, murder, and fraud to be real problems. If they did, they would be careful not to water down their seriousness with utter bullshit like this.

DapperDan
03-11-2010, 11:03 AM
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8812/1zev22bjpg.gif

amy31416
03-11-2010, 11:07 AM
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8812/1zev22bjpg.gif

That pretty much sums it up!

There is, admittedly, a part of me that thinks it would be hilarious if they passed this, based simply on how insane it is. I wanna see New Yorkers riot when their next slice tastes like garbage.

DapperDan
03-11-2010, 11:11 AM
That pretty much sums it up!

There is, admittedly, a part of me that thinks it would be hilarious if they passed this, based simply on how insane it is. I wanna see New Yorkers riot when their next slice tastes like garbage.

The amazing NY pie will cease to exist. That is definitely a riot waiting to happen.

Pericles
03-11-2010, 11:13 AM

Certainly, but more importantly is the loss of respect for law and those who impose such edicts.

amy31416
03-11-2010, 11:17 AM
The amazing NY pie will cease to exist. That is definitely a riot waiting to happen.

There'll be a black market from Philly and NJ, smuggling pies. An Al Capone of pizza will rise up!

Come an' git me coppahs!

DapperDan
03-11-2010, 11:22 AM
There'll be a black market from Philly and NJ, smuggling pies. An Al Capone of pizza will rise up!

Come an' git me coppahs!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6YCFpcuztfQ/SQIuWMxa3_I/AAAAAAAAAAo/oqr98AfLeLs/s320/gangster.jpg

for emphasis

Anti Federalist
03-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Im sitting here trying to think of one cooked dish i dont load salt onto, i really think i would go nuts if this happened in my town, but living in NC i love watching these liberal social-experiment cities implode on their own ineptness, makes me glad to be down south, in fact our state govt is trying to get out of the food/beverage market by privatizing liquor, pretty exciting

Wildturkey is the new member who gets credit for the find on this story.

Like I stated in the OP, I lifted it for the cross post.

Welcome to the board, btw.

erowe1
03-11-2010, 11:39 AM
The title is deceptive.

"New York" is not looking to ban salt. One legislator in New York is looking to ban salt. His bill won't go anywhere. It's a nonstory. Those chefs bothering to fight it are wasting their time on nothing.

Anti Federalist
03-11-2010, 11:47 AM
The title is deceptive.

"New York" is not looking to ban salt. One legislator in New York is looking to ban salt. His bill won't go anywhere. It's a nonstory. Those chefs bothering to fight it are wasting their time on nothing.

If I told you 25 years ago that laws would be passed allowing cops to set up roadblocks and fine people for not wearing seat belts, you would have said the same thing.

Nonsense and stupidity has never been a negative factor in passing law.

Lay down, don't do anything, it's stupid and will go nowhere. :rolleyes:

Your comment reeks of fail.

erowe1
03-11-2010, 11:49 AM
I
Lay down, don't do anything, it's stupid and will go nowhere. :rolleyes:

Your comment reeks of fail.

But I'm still right. And the thread title is still deceptive.

Anti Federalist
03-11-2010, 11:56 AM
But I'm still right. And the thread title is still deceptive.

I'll grant you that the title, to be more correct, could have read:

One NY legislator introduces bill to ban salt in restaurant cooking

But you cannot cognit the future and make a guess and then call it fact.

You don't know this won't pass.

If people took your advice and do nothing to stop it, it would sure as hell increase the chances of it passing.

erowe1
03-11-2010, 11:59 AM
If people took your advice and do nothing to stop it, it would sure as hell increase the chances of it passing.

That's true. At present, the odds of it passing are zero. If people took my advice, those odds would double.

Anti Federalist
03-11-2010, 12:04 PM
That's true. At present, the odds of it passing are zero. If people took my advice, those odds would double.

You've polled the NY state legislature?

You've interviewed the governor to see if he'd sign it.

You have any news stories pointing to things like that?

Please post them, I'd be delighted to look at them and adopt your cheery view of the situation.

pcosmar
03-11-2010, 12:09 PM

Just like the taxes on cigarettes.
Or the bans on smoking.

Fatty foods.
Handicap access.
Right to self defense.
etc. etc etc.
:(

erowe1
03-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Just like the taxes on cigarettes.
Or the bans on smoking.

Fatty foods.
Handicap access.
Right to self defense.
etc. etc etc.
:(

No. None of those were ever things that had no chance of happening.

erowe1
03-11-2010, 12:12 PM
You've polled the NY state legislature?

You've interviewed the governor to see if he'd sign it.

You have any news stories pointing to things like that?

Please post them, I'd be delighted to look at them and adopt your cheery view of the situation.

I'm not going to do those things when I already know that it doesn't have the support of the governor or a significant number of other legislators. If I were to waste my time asking them that question, I might as well poll them on whether or not they will ban steel from use in construction while I'm at it.

Anti Federalist
03-11-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm not going to do those things when I already know that it doesn't have the support of the governor or a significant number of other legislators. If I were to waste my time asking them that question, I might as well poll them on whether or not they will ban steel from use in construction while I'm at it.

OK, great.

What's your proof of that?

Post some news articles or interviews.

I'm curious as to why you would be in favor of people not becoming aware and active.

Even if this goes nowhere, as I suspect it won't as well, why discourage people from getting angry and involved?

At the very least it might snap a few hundred thousand people out of their stupor.

How is that a bad thing?

erowe1
03-11-2010, 01:45 PM

wildturkey
03-11-2010, 01:47 PM
OK, great.

What's your proof of that?

Post some news articles or interviews.

I'm curious as to why you would be in favor of people not becoming aware and active.

Even if this goes nowhere, as I suspect it won't as well, why discourage people from getting angry and involved?

At the very least it might snap a few hundred thousand people out of their stupor.

How is that a bad thing?
That goes along with my theory, that you should literally not trust one single piece of legislation that is introduced. We should question every single bill that comes. There's nothing wrong with people becoming involved JUST IN CASE, like I have become very involved on the "non issue" of banning fishing. Just because it's not in black and white does not mean they aren't planning something. You have to stay vigilant, or we'll wake up one day with the national security collecting our guns and removing unhealthy foods from our pantry.

Old Ducker
03-11-2010, 01:48 PM
I can't think of a better way to start the revolution than for this idiotic bill to pass.

Anti Federalist
03-11-2010, 01:54 PM

You deleted your comments before I could quote them.

I can assume the discussion is over then?

Andrew-Austin
03-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Downright psychopathic.

Anti Federalist
03-11-2010, 05:27 PM
///

Freedom 4 all
03-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Oh fuck me, I was really really hoping this was some kind of elaborate joke poking fun at Draconian NY law. Is the NY house a big padded room or something? How do these legislators function in their daily lives without wearing helmets and water wings at all times?

Anti Federalist
03-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Oh fuck me, I was really really hoping this was some kind of elaborate joke poking fun at Draconian NY law. Is the NY house a big padded room or something? How do these legislators function in their daily lives without wearing helmets and water wings at all times?

Nope, no joke, not The Onion either. ;)

pcosmar
03-11-2010, 05:56 PM

Rudy Giuliani
Michael Bloomberg

nuff said.

Freedom 4 all
03-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Nope, no joke, not The Onion either. ;)

Come to think of it, this is far too ridiculous to come from the Onion. I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes:

"Reality is more fucked up than bad fiction.

No suspension of disbelief that we’re required to make in any Harry Potter book can ever top what you’re supposed to swallow if you read the Warren commission’s report.

No episode of “father knows best” was ever as stupid as John Ashcroft demanding that the breast of a statue be covered up.

Could you imagine a movie where there was a guy that played the president, and the president character was really dumb? Dumb like making up words, and saying Nigeria is an important continent… Shit like that? And that this dumb guy leads us into a war with a country that never did anything to us? And that people actually supported him?

Could you even imagine something that dumb?

No, we demand more from our fiction.
~Joe Rogan

UtahApocalypse
03-11-2010, 09:28 PM
"No owner or operator of a restaurant in this state shall use salt in any form in the preparation of any food for consumption by customers of such restaurant, including food prepared to be consumed on the premises of such restaurant or off of such premises," the bill, A. 10129 , states in part."

Almost ALL food contains natural salts which is a form of salt. So they are planning to ban ALL food in NYC? nice move. this will not go anywhere

Anti Federalist
03-11-2010, 09:36 PM
"Reality is more fucked up than bad fiction.

No suspension of disbelief that we’re required to make in any Harry Potter book can ever top what you’re supposed to swallow if you read the Warren commission’s report.

No episode of “father knows best” was ever as stupid as John Ashcroft demanding that the breast of a statue be covered up.

Could you imagine a movie where there was a guy that played the president, and the president character was really dumb? Dumb like making up words, and saying Nigeria is an important continent… Shit like that? And that this dumb guy leads us into a war with a country that never did anything to us? And that people actually supported him?

Could you even imagine something that dumb?

No, we demand more from our fiction.
~Joe Rogan

+1 quote!

dgr
03-12-2010, 12:24 AM
I have a low salt tollarence, but it is my responsibliity to ask what items are low in salt on the menue, it is not the goverment responsibility to ban it. What is with these people, no salt, no beef, no fried food,no real milk, no sugar, no soda, no butter, no cupcakes for kids school parties... ENOUGH

andrewh817
03-12-2010, 09:33 AM

And who's educating those stupid people? Oh yeah, it's the same people coming to save the day!

Pericles
03-12-2010, 11:26 AM
And who's educating those stupid people? Oh yeah, it's the same people coming to save the day!

There is a difference in being uneducated and in being stupid. The uneducated has not had the opportunity to learn, while the stupid has no interest in learning.

Anti Federalist
03-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Felix Ortiz Represents Government in Action
Posted by Michael S. Rozeff on March 12, 2010 07:49 AM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/52973.html#more-52973

Assemblyman Ortiz really cut to the chase with the salt ban bill he introduced in New York. The bill is blunt:

“3 S 399-BBB. PROHIBITION ON SALT; RESTAURANTS. 1. NO OWNER OR OPERATOR OF A RESTAURANT IN THIS STATE SHALL USE SALT IN ANY FORM IN THE PREPARATION OF ANY FOOD FOR CONSUMPTION BY CUSTOMERS OF SUCH RESTAURANT, INCLUDING FOOD PREPARED TO BE CONSUMED ON THE PREMISES OF SUCH RESTAURANT OR OFF OF SUCH PREMISES.”

Felix Ortiz is a creative totalitarian. He ”achieved passage of the nation’s first law to ban the use of hand held cell phones while driving a motor vehicle.” He “pass[ed] a law requiring schools to purchase locally grown produce.” “He continues the fight to pass laws mandating that fast food restaurants post the nutritional value of foods…”

What else has he sponsored? This post could get very long! A sample: Bill A02598 “Increases penalties for promoting prostitution when an internet website is used; increases penalties for promoting prostitution or patronizing a prostitute four or more times.” Bill A02629 “Enacts “Imette’s Law”; mandates that every owner of an cabaret establishment, but which is not a restaurant, shall install security cameras at every entrance and exit of such establishment.” Bill A08158: “Establishes a two dollar surcharge on the purchase of sexually oriented media.” Bill A03695: “Requires that prior to the issuance of taxicab, limousine, commuter van, paratransit or for-hire vehicle licenses, the applicant shall be fingerprinted by the authority authorized to issue such licenses for the purpose of securing criminal history records from both the state division of criminal justice services and the federal bureau of investigation.” Bill A04265: “Provides a tax deduction of up to ten thousand dollars for any person who donates a human organ to another human being; provides job security for those individuals who miss work during the recovery period from a human organ donation.”

Government in action!

Freedom 4 all
03-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Clearly Ortiz is dangerously deranged human being who should probably be confined to a room where there is nothing sharper than a crayon. Hell, that seems to be his world vision so he should be happy there. However, this raises the even more troubling question of who the fuck is voting for this lunatic?

Anti Federalist
03-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Clearly Ortiz is dangerously deranged human being who should probably be confined to a room where there is nothing sharper than a crayon. Hell, that seems to be his world vision so he should be happy there. However, this raises the even more troubling question of who the fuck is voting for this lunatic?

People named Ortiz, Mendoza, Escala and so on.

That's the demographic of his district.

Nobody really cares what he does after the fact, sadly.

And FFS, everybody else, don't start harping about how "that's racist".

It's just a fact, many people vote ethnicity first.

Deal.

andrewh817
03-20-2010, 07:30 PM
There is a difference in being uneducated and in being stupid. The uneducated has not had the opportunity to learn, while the stupid has no interest in learning.

I never said they were stupid, you did. Are most kids generally more curious going into public school or coming out? I know that's not the most solid argument, but it's some evidence of how stupid school can make you.

Don't Tread on Mike
03-20-2010, 08:46 PM
well if New York wants to lose alot of revenue then I advise they go through with it. A lot of restaurants would go to shit and will definitely cause potential restaurant owners and current owners to re locate.

Anti Federalist
04-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Timely bump due to this story

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=241126