PDA

View Full Version : Is this guy right ?

cbc58
03-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Says we are in for a big jump in asset prices very, very soon.

Link: http://www.kitco.com/ind/Conner/mar092010.html

tmosley
03-10-2010, 10:22 AM
It's always "really, really soon". It could happen at any time. We've seen a nasty bout of inflation start to hit over the last month or so in food prices, and are likely to see another, much larger one this summer.

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-10-2010, 10:31 AM
A lot of people are going to be shocked when the inevitable is finally upon them and the cure following the aftermath is worse than the cause. It is going to be the price for relying on political miracles and lack of a sound strategic vision. People unwilling to resist now while it is easy are people who will be too afraid when it will be much more difficult.

Ron Paul has admitted as president he would not be able stop the train wreck that is coming only work towards a cure that is better than the cause.

It is going to happen... you can't print trillions of dollars and ignore the market... the only variable is when...

cbc58
03-10-2010, 10:34 AM
yeah... but how about the scenario he lays out as far as timing and a big jump in the stock market very soon? do you think he's right on the timing and how it will play out?

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-10-2010, 10:49 AM
yeah... but how about the scenario he lays out as far as timing and a big jump in the stock market very soon? do you think he's right on the timing and how it will play out?

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Conner/images/mar092010_4.jpg

The only question is when. I don't think the near future is an unreasonable forecast.

Johnnybags
03-10-2010, 10:59 AM
is supposed to stop buying the entire mtg market and treasuries. If they do the guy is wrong, if they print and hand out gazillions then he is correct. Its all relative. Markets will go up, you will be taxed on inflation gains and your dollar will buy less if the FED does not stop the folly. However, a gain really is not a gain that should be taxed but rather a monetization of asset prices. If he stops the printing, assets will drop like a rock. Ben holds the cards.

tmosley
03-10-2010, 11:00 AM
I wouldn't touch the wider US equity markets, with a ten foot pole. I have ONE US stock right now, a speculative silver miner, the rest are foreign PM miners or foreign ag, either in Canada or China.