View Full Version : We Texans -- write-in candidate for Texas gov

lynnf
03-10-2010, 07:55 AM
new facebook group:

WE TEXANS UNITED TO WRITE-IN CANDIDATE FOR GOVERNOR
Category:
Common Interest - Politics
Description:
During the 2010 Texas Republican Primary, Debra Medina, received over 275,000 votes from across the state. This is a large block of individuals which created a quickly accelerating momentum never before seen in Texas politics. As one member put it, the primary election was like a Texas Aggie football game: "We didn't lose. We just ran out of time."

Thus, the members of this group are committed to continuing our advance to the goal line and to using the General Election campaign period to futher spread the message of individual liberty, limited government, and Texas sovereignty. By uniting in selecting a WRITE-IN CANDIDATE, who will take the baton from Debra Medina, after she started us off with a very strong first leg, but must now stop running according to state law, the race for WE TEXANS UNITED will continue on into the General Election campaign without breaking stride.

The write-in candidate will serve as a proxy for WE TEXANS. Whereas candidates traditionally must find supporters, it will be the organized supporters who will now find the candidate. The person selected will register with the state as a write-in candidate no earlier than July 25, 2010, and no later than 5:00 p.m. on August 24, 2010, as required.

TXcarlosTX
03-10-2010, 07:59 AM
write-in?

hmmmm let me see who.
I know

Ron Paul.

That will be funny

lynnf
03-10-2010, 08:32 AM
write-in?

hmmmm let me see who.
I know

Ron Paul.

That will be funny

don't think so..... I'm thinking that they will want someone that would actually take the office if they won, and Ron Paul won't resign his seat to take this (can only have name on the ballot once)

lynn

Dustancostine
03-10-2010, 09:08 AM
To be a write in candidate you would have had to already declare I believe.

lynnf
03-10-2010, 09:11 AM
To be a write in candidate you would have had to already declare I believe.

if that's true, that will significantly narrow down the field.

but the organization involved in this is accepting nominations and I didn't see any such restriction in their description.

lynn

Dustancostine
03-10-2010, 10:00 AM
if that's true, that will significantly narrow down the field.

but the organization involved in this is accepting nominations and I didn't see any such restriction in their description.

lynn

And exactly who is this organization? That is Debra's campaign slogan and I am pretty sure she has plans for it. We registered WeTexans.com .net and .org at the very beginning.

It seems like a great way to totally take up the time, effort and money of liberty activist.

When was the last time a write in candidate got even 1% anywhere, ever? It would be much better for people to find a local, state or congressional liberty candidate and support them and spread the message and get someone elected.

IMO it is someone trying to piggy back the momentum and resources from grassroots that resulted from Deb's bid.

lynnf
03-10-2010, 08:06 PM
And exactly who is this organization? That is Debra's campaign slogan and I am pretty sure she has plans for it. We registered WeTexans.com .net and .org at the very beginning.

It seems like a great way to totally take up the time, effort and money of liberty activist.

When was the last time a write in candidate got even 1% anywhere, ever? It would be much better for people to find a local, state or congressional liberty candidate and support them and spread the message and get someone elected.

IMO it is someone trying to piggy back the momentum and resources from grassroots that resulted from Deb's bid.

Dustan - sent you a PM with the admins names. Also, Debra is a member of the group so I assume she knows what's going on.

lynn

Imperial
03-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Or we could support Jeff Daiell and actually vote for someone on the ballot who will get noticed if he gets a lot of support.

His positions are similar to Medina, but I think a bit better.