PDA

View Full Version : Young cop kills six at party, police say.

noxagol
10-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Headline of a story in the third page of the St. Louis post dispatch. The guy was 20, full time cop in crandon, wisconsin. Decided to go to a small party of seven kids 14-18 , eating pizza and watching movies and tried to kill them all. Mother of one of the victims said she thinks the motivation was that the shooter was a jealous boyfriend. The off-duty officer was shot and killed by a sniper.

ItsTime
10-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Now lets use American Logic..... Since some kid with ADHD kills a few people at a college in Virgina we pass laws making it illegal for people with ADHD to own guns...

So a cop goes and kills a handful of kids.... It is clear that the cops should not own guns....

Sarcasm off...

Pete
10-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Interesting video about the increasing militarization of the police:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=INdcaeeb3ws

Look at the troops that were pulled out for that dinky protest!

Rich333
10-08-2007, 02:10 PM
It is clear that the cops should not own guns....
I think it's a great idea. I think cops should be made to follow whatever weapon regulations are in place for everyone else. Also, if only X% of all non-cops who apply for a handgun license can obtain one, only X% of cops should be able to obtain one. If there's a six month waiting period to hear back on your application, that should apply to cops too. I'd really love to see the abusive thugs in the NYPD live with the exact same set of rules as the rest of us.

In fact, I think that'd make a great constitutional amendment. Or at least it would make a great amendment if following its own laws mattered to the government, or if the 2nd amendment didn't already make all weapon regulations at all levels of government unconstitutional (it doesn't limit it to the federal level by saying "Congress shall make no law", so "shall not be infringed" means it is prohibited to the states as well).

CurtisLow
10-08-2007, 02:41 PM
I wonder what kind of inoculation's they are giving cops? Seems like within the last year or so theres a lot of them that are going nuts or act like there above the law.

noxagol
10-08-2007, 03:22 PM
I wonder what kind of inoculation's they are giving cops? Seems like within the last year or so theres a lot of them that are going nuts or act like there above the law.

Could have always been happening but now it is getting a lot more coverage.