PDA

View Full Version : Biden - "our absolute, total, unvarnished commitment to Israel's security"

Anti Federalist
03-10-2010, 12:15 AM
"The cornerstone of the relationship is our absolute, total, unvarnished commitment to Israel's security," he said. In the guestbook at Peres' residence, Biden wrote that the U.S.-Israeli bond is "unshakeable."

"It's great to be home," Biden told President Shimon Peres during a morning visit to his official residence.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation-and-world/la-fg-biden-israel10-2010mar10,0,123115.story?page=2

Swear allegiance to a foreign government...

Fozz
03-10-2010, 12:26 AM

Don't Tread on Mike
03-10-2010, 12:30 AM
sure its not right to swear allegiance, but then again he is also swearing allegiance to his religion. Israel is also the holy land for Christianity ya know. SO i think that statement is more of an opinion than a policy.

Anti Federalist
03-10-2010, 12:35 AM
sure its not right to swear allegiance, but then again he is also swearing allegiance to his religion. Israel is also the holy land for Christianity ya know. SO i think that statement is more of an opinion than a policy.

It's the vice president of the United States openly stating "unshakable" fealty to a foreign nation's security at the expense of his own.

That is treason.

fj45lvr
03-10-2010, 01:31 AM
sure its not right to swear allegiance, but then again he is also swearing allegiance to his religion. Israel is also the holy land for Christianity ya know. .

you really believe that Biden is "christian"?? hahahaha

Christianity has no earthly "home". Stuff happened in that geographic region, sure. but that is history.

YouTube - Sen. Joe Biden on Shalom TV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAZmO80dLfE)

catdd
03-10-2010, 09:26 AM
"The cornerstone of the relationship is our absolute, total, unvarnished commitment to Israel's security"

Why?

Anti Federalist
03-10-2010, 09:30 AM
///

amy31416
03-10-2010, 09:38 AM
And it's so commonplace now that it doesn't even merit questioning.

Imagine if he'd said the same about China, Russia, hell, even France or Germany. He'd be raked over the coals and likely have to step down in the ensuing scandal.

lester1/2jr
03-10-2010, 09:42 AM
"our"?

DAFTEK
03-10-2010, 09:55 AM
There was a list with how many dual citizenship Israelis are in our government. I cant find it now! But why am i not surprised at Bidens comments? :D

Pete_00
03-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Israeli nuclear "whistleblower", Mordechai Vanunu, calls the USA "The American Colony" for some reason. He also said that he converted to Christianity because its the opposite of Judaism and that Judaism as no place in the modern world...

puppetmaster
03-10-2010, 10:18 AM
There was a list with how many dual citizenship Israelis are in our government. I cant find it now! But why am i not surprised at Bidens comments? :D

I am sure Israel has some sort of "honorary" citizenship program for our elected officials and their staff:rolleyes:

charrob
03-10-2010, 12:38 PM

Back in 2004, I read that there were lines upon lines upon lines of Israeli's, in Israel, lining up to become "dual" U.S. citizens so that they could vote for Bush jr. in the 2004 U.S. elections.

Later I read that one of the states in the northern midwest (I forget which one-- maybe Ohio?-- not sure) went for Bush jr. because of those dual citizenships and that that had pushed Bush over the edge to win in 2004.

Anti Federalist
03-16-2010, 07:37 PM
bump