PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only person that finds paying tickets online is disgusting?

Warrior_of_Freedom
03-09-2010, 04:47 PM
I never had to pay a ticket, but on some state sites I notice they have a section dedicated to paying tickets online. To me, it makes me seem like getting a ticket is such a regular experience they give you the 'convenience' of doing it online. I don't know, doesn't rest well with me.

jclay2
03-09-2010, 04:56 PM
You are not alone. It is like the ez passes that many states have now. You wouldn't believe how many times people praise the system now that they don't have slow down their life to be in servitude.

tremendoustie
03-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Everyone's got their own thing that bugs them.

For me, it's government advertising. For some reason, I find them taking my money by force, and then spending it trying to convince me of something incredibly offensive.

Maybe because it belies the whole supposed purpose of government -- to provide services I want and need. If they're trying to change me, clearly they're not serving me.

0zzy
03-09-2010, 05:01 PM
I think I would rather pay online than go and drive all the way to where ever just to pay a ticket.
I never got a ticket.
so either way I guess it doesn't effect me :)l.

Warrior_of_Freedom
03-09-2010, 05:22 PM
I think I would rather pay online than go and drive all the way to where ever just to pay a ticket.
I never got a ticket.
so either way I guess it doesn't effect me :)l.

what's next, the cop having a credit card machine in his vehicle??

MN Patriot
03-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Hey, just deduct the fine from your paycheck. That way you'll never miss it.

Isaac Bickerstaff
03-09-2010, 11:32 PM
It's disgusting. Take EVERY ticket to court no matter how small and no matter how guilty. Make them earn the damn money, plus, you might learn something while you're there.

Uriel999
03-09-2010, 11:34 PM

For me, it's government advertising. For some reason, I find them taking my money by force, and then spending it trying to convince me of something incredibly offensive.

Maybe because it belies the whole supposed purpose of government -- to provide services I want and need. If they're trying to change me, clearly they're not serving me.

yup it is so true, my thing that really really bugs me is government. :D (I am not actually an anarchist, but damn those guys get annoying!)

speciallyblend
03-09-2010, 11:44 PM
It's disgusting. Take EVERY ticket to court no matter how small and no matter how guilty. Make them earn the damn money, plus, you might learn something while you're there.

well the way they write tickets now. your better off paying the ticket. in lake county a 25 dollar parking ticket in court can cost you 100 plus court costs, insanity yes!!! option 1 pay 25 bucks, option 2 pay 100 plus or your time and loss of work for a day.

Isaac Bickerstaff
03-09-2010, 11:46 PM
well the way they write tickets now. your better off paying the ticket. in lake county a 25 dollar parking ticket in court can cost you 100 plus court costs, insanity yes!!! option 1 pay 25 bucks, option 2 pay 100 plus or your time and loss of work for a day.

Wow, that blows.

Condor Bastadon
03-09-2010, 11:58 PM
They usually charge a "convenience" or "processing" fee if you pay online too.

coyote_sprit
03-10-2010, 12:14 AM

"Those who host lose the most."
- Paid for by Ad Council

Don't Tread on Mike
03-10-2010, 12:18 AM
i kinda like it. you don't have to deal with these blood sucking scumbags in person :D