PDA

View Full Version : Mini Update

PBrady
03-09-2010, 04:01 PM
- I've been to two envelope stuffings now. They're a weekly occurrence with a solid group of people coming to each. I believe there might be a little bit of phone banking at the next.

- Just had a meeting for volunteers the other day. There was a fair turnout, and we broke out by county to organize for canvassing and other purposes. I think that there may be a video from that as I saw the campaign manager with the video camera. I'd imagine it would be on his youtube page (http://www.youtube.com/user/LawsonForCongress) if it were to come out soon.

- Look for a moneybomb in the coming weeks

- Signs. They've now dispersed MANY (if not all) of the remaining signs from last time around. Don't know exactly how many they had, but it seemed like it would be enough to hit most major areas in the district. I was also informed that a shipment of brand new ones should be arriving shortly. Rules vary by location as to when/where they can be put out, but they will definitely be going out en masse in the near future.

Now for some sign pics :)

Homeowners complains about signs, so I actually only had this one up for a short time:
http://i43.tinypic.com/2ccq734.jpg

I replaced it with these instead:
http://i43.tinypic.com/2rzfib4.jpg

I've got a few ready to go:
http://i40.tinypic.com/be7i0y.jpg

JoshLowry
03-09-2010, 04:06 PM
You rock! Thanks for the great pics.

Was it the Homeowner's Association? Do they allow real estate signs in yards?

PBrady
03-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Was it the Homeowner's Association? Do they allow real estate signs in yards?
Yes and yes. The "problem" came up during last general election (I was away at school and not at home down here, so I didn't catch all of it), which is when they addressed most of these things.

I honestly just don't feel like making a fuss about it. As the primary draws closer, I'm putting them up regardless, so I don't really care anyway. :rolleyes:

itshappening
03-09-2010, 05:07 PM
is there any chance he can win? will the sheep just send back Price??

Michigan11
03-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Awesome, glad to see Lawson getting moved up in the forum!

We need to get a money bomb and funds rolling in for him. Just subscribed to his youtube, will be looking for coming videos.

In an email he sent out today, I just got, he had a great Thomas Jefferson quote:

We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our election between economy and liberty or profusion and servitude. If we run into such debt, as that we must be taxed in our meat and in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our labors and our amusements, for our calling and our creeds...[we will] have no time to think, no means of calling our miss-managers to account but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow-sufferers... And this is the tendency of all human governments. A departure from principle in one instance becomes a precedent for[ another]... till the bulk of society is reduced to be mere automatons of misery... And the fore-horse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train wretchedness and oppression.

Also noticed he has a blog going, keep us up on the grassroots efforts, so we can spread the word to get donations rolling in for a win!

PBrady
03-09-2010, 05:52 PM
is there any chance he can win? will the sheep just send back Price??

The future looks good for BJ.

I strongly doubt voter turnout is going to be anywhere near where it was last election...for democrats. For republicans and unaffiliateds, it is definitely going to be up.

Considering that BJ had the strongest showing in recent history for a republican in this district last time, it would only make sense for him to take it this time around. There were way too many disenfranchised republicans last time around, whereas now, it is the polar opposite.

Plus I know that at the very least, the Wake County GOP is really looking to push strong this time around. They're doing lots of door-to-door canvassing. Considering BJ lost by less than 3% there last time, I'd say that this unprecedented effort by the GOP will mean a victory there for sure (and with minimal effort). The next big focus, I would think, would be Durham county.