PDA

View Full Version : Want a Job? You'll Need Another ID

..PAUL4PRES..
03-09-2010, 03:31 AM
Under a controversial immigration plan, all American workers would be required to obtain a biometric ID card
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/08/id-card-workers-center-immigration-plan/

GunnyFreedom
03-09-2010, 03:49 AM
:mad:

To paraphrase JFK: if 2010 doesn't see a peaceful electoral revolution possible, then 2011 will make a violent revolution inevitable.

..PAUL4PRES..
03-09-2010, 03:57 AM

To paraphrase JFK: if 2010 doesn't see a peaceful electoral revolution possible, then 2011 will make a violent revolution inevitable.

Man it will probably pass with ease too. Part of an Amnesty deal and god knows what else. I would go look for the bill number, but I know what is coming so there is no use.

paulitics
03-09-2010, 08:00 AM
And the irony is the biometric ID will not curb illegal activity at all.

Illegals get paid under the table, duh. I'm sick of this hegelian dialectic about how the illegals are giving fake ID's to work. No, they don't give any ID. The employer never asks for it because he/she wants to bypass paying employing taxes, etc.

Give me a break.

moostraks
03-09-2010, 08:42 AM

Illegals get paid under the table, duh. I'm sick of this hegelian dialectic about how the illegals are giving fake ID's to work. No, they don't give any ID. The employer never asks for it because he/she wants to bypass paying employing taxes, etc.

Give me a break.

qft....

Peace&Freedom
03-09-2010, 08:58 AM

Give me a break.

Exactly, illegals are only a fraction of the total working population, so of course they're used as an excuse to create a tracking ID system over the entire working population. Just as there are only a few thousand real Al Qaeda operatives in the entire world, so naturally, the US has created a total surveillance grid to track all 300 million+ Americans. These tyrants aren't being stupid---this is methodical evil.

phill4paul
03-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Yeah I read about this today. Funny how that bi-partisan thing works when they want it to.

awake
03-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Tracking technology has one purpose to track property.

__27__
03-09-2010, 05:03 PM
YouTube - True News 13: Statism is Dead - Part 3 - The Matrix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P772Eb63qIY)

Anti Federalist
03-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Nobody outside of transportation ever heard of or gave a shit about TWIC.

Until now...

And rest assured, step out of line for the slightest infraction and your "worker's card" will be remotely disabled, rendering you out of a job.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=235001

phill4paul
03-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Nobody outside of transportation ever heard of or gave a shit about TWIC.

Until now...

And rest assured, step out of line for the slightest infraction and your "worker's card" will be remotely disabled, rendering you out of a job.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=235001

Hey, your the first that turned me on to TWIC. When I read up I knew it was only a matter of time.

Not much ducking these days even with a heads-up.

Anti Federalist
03-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Hey, your the first that turned me on to TWIC. When I read up I knew it was only a matter of time.

Not much ducking these days even with a heads-up.

Well, let me rephrase that, nobody outside the "fringe wacko freedom nut" movement knew about it. ;)

What a bunch of shit, this is exactly why the system is not going to be brought down with conventional means.

RealID was nullified by the states.

You'd think the fuckers would have learned their lesson...

Nope, they go right ahead and do this.

Those that make peaceful revolution impossible...

GunnyFreedom
03-09-2010, 05:26 PM
The story from (2008?) at Downsize DC: (http://www.downsizedc.org/etp/campaigns/102)

TWIC is a back door REAL ID card.
Lowell Rogers has been an engineer on a brownwater tugboat for 23 years. He loves his work, and his employer likes the way Lowell does his job. But starting April 2009, thanks to the Maritime Safety Act, Lowell's employer will have to assume he's a potential terrorist, unless he has a Transportation Worker Identification Credential -- a TWIC card.

The TWIC card will require a criminal background check, and will include Smart Card biometric identifiers. It will place sensitive information about Lowell into a centralized government database. Lowell, as an act of patriotism, will refuse to take what he calls "the Mark of the Beast," and his 23-year career will come to an end. Here's why this matters to you . . .

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) wants you to have a Real ID card that's very similar to the TWIC card. But DHS is failing to implement the Real ID because state governments are resisting. Twenty one states are refusing to comply with the REAL ID. It's probably the biggest rebellion against the federal government since the Civil War. So what can the DHS do to overcome this rebellion?

They can "pick off the herd" -- hit one industry at a time until so many people have Smart Cards no one is left to resist. Those with the Smart Cards may even begin to think it would be "just" if everyone had one. It's a classic totalitarian strategy, summed up by the German Pastor Martin Niemoller . . .

Anti Federalist
03-09-2010, 05:30 PM
TWIC is a back door REAL ID card.

Of course it is.

And do know who you pay your TWIC fee to?

Not to the Treasury, the DOT or the USCG...

Nope, you pay directly to Lockheed Martin.

Keep in mind also, foreign transportation workers (seamen, Mexican truckers etc.) DO NOT have to comply with TWIC

Matt Collins
03-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Check out HR 3174 - requires a national ID to use a bank:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:h.r.03174:

Anti Federalist
03-09-2010, 06:49 PM
nvm

phill4paul
03-09-2010, 07:00 PM
nvm

LOL. Give it to us.:D

Anti Federalist
03-09-2010, 07:29 PM
LOL. Give it to us.:D

I'll give myself a stroke...:mad:

phill4paul
03-09-2010, 07:49 PM
I'll give myself a stroke...:mad:

Heh, I understand...just went to an anti-truther thread and had to leave a big piece of an "nvm" after writing for 5 mins. LOL.

NVM

YouTube - nirvana-come as u are (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm3TsvIWcmE)

Matt Collins
03-09-2010, 11:52 PM
This needs to be spread to the 912/Glenn Beck Meetups around the US!

cindy25
03-10-2010, 03:15 AM
I doubt if this could pass unless there is another false flag. The Republicans have backbone and no way will immigration pass this year.

next year, with a Republican house NOTHING will pass that Obama would sign

pcosmar
03-10-2010, 07:58 AM
I doubt if this could pass unless there is another false flag. The Republicans have backbone and no way will immigration pass this year.

next year, with a Republican house NOTHING will pass that Obama would sign
:eek:
WHAT :confused:
This is a Republican proposal.
And Obama will sign whatever he is told to sign.

This has been wanted by TPTB for some time. Both Parties using various different excuses.

Republicans have a backbone??!!??
Assumes facts not in evidence.

Anti Federalist
03-10-2010, 11:39 AM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703954904575110124037066854.html?m od=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsThird

Lawmakers working to craft a new comprehensive immigration bill have settled on a way to prevent employers from hiring illegal immigrants: a national biometric identification card all American workers would eventually be required to obtain.

Lawmakers working to craft a new comprehensive immigration bill are proposing a new national biometric ID card that would be required of all U.S. workers. WSJ's Laura Meckler explains the proposal and the objections from privacy advocates.
.Under the potentially controversial plan still taking shape in the Senate, all legal U.S. workers, including citizens and immigrants, would be issued an ID card with embedded information, such as fingerprints, to tie the card to the worker.

The ID card plan is one of several steps advocates of an immigration overhaul are taking to address concerns that have defeated similar bills in the past.

The uphill effort to pass a bill is being led by Sens. Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.) and Lindsey Graham (R., S.C.), who plan to meet with President Barack Obama as soon as this week to update him on their work. An administration official said the White House had no position on the biometric card.

"It's the nub of solving the immigration dilemma politically speaking," Mr. Schumer said in an interview. The card, he said, would directly answer concerns that after legislation is signed, another wave of illegal immigrants would arrive. "If you say they can't get a job when they come here, you'll stop it."

Revolving Door: Immigration Legislation
View Interactive

See attempts at reform and statistics on immigrants removed from the U.S. over the past six decades.
..Journal Community ..The biggest objections to the biometric cards may come from privacy advocates, who fear they would become de facto national ID cards that enable the government to track citizens.

"It is fundamentally a massive invasion of people's privacy," said Chris Calabrese, legislative counsel for the American Civil Liberties Union. "We're not only talking about fingerprinting every American, treating ordinary Americans like criminals in order to work. We're also talking about a card that would quickly spread from work to voting to travel to pretty much every aspect of American life that requires identification."

Mr. Graham says he respects those concerns but disagrees. "We've all got Social Security cards," he said. "They're just easily tampered with. Make them tamper-proof. That's all I'm saying."

U.S. employers now have the option of using an online system called E-Verify to check whether potential employees are in the U.S. legally. Many Republicans have pressed to make the system mandatory. But others, including Mr. Schumer, complain that the existing system is ineffective.

Last year, White House aides said they expected to push immigration legislation in 2010. But with health care and unemployment dominating his attention, the president has given little indication the issue is a priority.

Rather, Mr. Obama has said he wanted to see bipartisan support in Congress first. So far, Mr. Graham is the only Republican to voice interest publicly, and he wants at least one other GOP co-sponsor to launch the effort.

An immigration overhaul has long proven a complicated political task. The Latino community is pressing for action and will be angry if it is put off again. But many Americans oppose any measure that resembles amnesty for people who came here illegally.

Under the legislation envisioned by Messrs. Graham and Schumer, the estimated 10.8 million people living illegally in the U.S. would be offered a path to citizenship, though they would have to register, pay taxes, pay a fine and wait in line. A guest-worker program would let a set number of new foreigners come to the U.S. legally to work.

Most European countries require citizens and foreigners to carry ID cards. The U.K. had been a holdout, but in the early 2000s it considered national cards as a way to stop identify fraud, protect against terrorism and help stop illegal foreign workers. Amid worries about the cost and complaints that the cards infringe on personal privacy, the government said it would make them voluntary for British citizens. They are required for foreign workers and students, and so far about 130,000 cards have been issued.

Mr. Schumer first suggested a biometric-based employer-verification system last summer. Since then, the idea has gained currency and is now a centerpiece of the legislation being developed, aides said.

A person familiar with the legislative planning said the biometric data would likely be either fingerprints or a scan of the veins in the top of the hand. It would be required of all workers, including teenagers, but would be phased in, with current workers needing to obtain the card only when they next changed jobs, the person said.

The card requirement also would be phased in among employers, beginning with industries that typically rely on illegal-immigrant labor.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce doesn't have a position on the proposal, but it is concerned that employers would find it expensive and complicated to properly check the biometrics.

Mr. Schumer said employers would be able to buy a scanner to check the IDs for as much as $800. Small employers, he said, could take their applicants to a government office to like the Department of Motor Vehicles and have their hands scanned there.

pcosmar
03-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Mr. Graham says he respects those concerns but disagrees. "We've all got Social Security cards," he said. "They're just easily tampered with. Make them tamper-proof. That's all I'm saying."

Social Security cards are not and have never been intended to be used as IDENTIFICATION.

tpreitzel
03-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Keep plugging away and contacting your "representatives". Outcry and exposure can help to delay this flood of unconstitutional legislation. I know. I know. However, we must continue to hammer away regardless. It's our duty.

jmdrake
03-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Revelation 13:7 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

tpreitzel
03-10-2010, 12:26 PM
"jmdrake: Revelation 13:7 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."

Which is why Christians generally think most preterists are wrong. Frankly, I'd love for preterists to be correct, but I wouldn't bet on it.

OT -

Someone, please start a separate thread for the more heinous pieces of legislation, like this one, being introduced in congress so we can coordinate an attack. I want to be able to call and fax my representatives and discuss many of these unconstitutional measures in one whack.

TIA

I'll be back.

kahless
03-10-2010, 01:18 PM
I had expected them to ignore this completely like they did back in 1996 with the employer required reporting of all Americans to the federal new hires database. However Lindsey Grahams propaganda outlet FNC already came out in favor of it last night. (O'Reilly had on Lou Dobbs and both came out in favor of it). I would have expected all of them to ignore it until the day it passes and then show a brief news clip at the top of the hour of people happily getting scanned.

I am not sure how to call this one.

1. Could be like everything else posted in this forum. Neocons and progressives unite to pass this legislation. A minority of the population will actively try to stop it by protesting and contacting their representitives while the remaining majority will go about their business allowing it to pass.

2. It will not pass since one state or region tries to secede over this and other legislation (like health care). This seems less likely since states most likely to secede also are dominated by Neocons and will fall inline using the homeland security fear factor.

Revelation 13:7 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Christian outrage could play a large factor in stopping this legislation. Christians may over come this fear since Neocons will portray this as a homeland security issue.

Matt Collins
03-10-2010, 01:23 PM
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2010/03/10/new-immigration-reform-bill-to-feature-biometric-id/