PDA

View Full Version : Handed out slimjims at a prolife rally

RJB
10-08-2007, 12:25 PM
My parents went to a prolife rally and asked me to go too. I jumped at the chance. I've been talking up Ron Paul to friends and family, but rarely strangers, and I usually avoid rallies of any kind.

I only handed out 10 slimjims. I'd say "Here's some information on a pro-life candidate." The 10 people were receptive. Although one woman kept saying like a mantra, "But we need a presence in Iraq." With her I mentioned everything from neglecting our southern border, to our debt. When she mentioned the importance of invading bad countries, I mentioned that maybe someone should invade the US because we've killed 50 million babies through abortion. It was an extreme statement, but that caught her attention for a second and then she reverted to her mantra. Maybe it will get through to her, eventually.

Two guys didn't want one. One saw the name and politely said "No thanks." Another gave me a very dirty look and said "I'll never vote for him." I just smiled and said thank you. I figured he was like those guys on hannity forums. Deep inside I laughed at him. It has to annoy them to see our passion for our candidate but no one will bother to hand out fliers for any of their politicians. I truly believe that's the foundation of their anger. It's the jealousy that they don't trust thier guy like we trust ours.

smhbbag
10-08-2007, 12:30 PM
I mentioned that maybe someone should invade the US because we've killed 50 million babies through abortion.

This is always an interesting thing to bring out to pro-life interventionists.

It's a logical trap that is as tight as they come. They only get out of it by ignoring it.

But I've never heard anyone else use the argument. Glad I'm not alone in that, now...I was almost thinking I was crazy.

MikeStanart
10-08-2007, 12:34 PM
I mentioned that maybe someone should invade the US because we've killed 50 million babies through abortion.

Ruthless....I like this statement.

I've been trying to win my dad over for a while...this might do the trick.

uncloned21
10-08-2007, 12:35 PM
I have been wanting to tell of a sadly fooled woman myself, but didnt feel like starting a new thread:

I spoke to my neighbor about the election and invited him in to watch some youtube videos, mostly from the nashville rally. He immediately got excited and said "He is for the people!" and asked when/how he could vote.

Later, we were out on the lake and he was telling all the other boaters about Ron Paul. I felt ashamed that he was more enthusiastic than I had been. He asked a woman if she knew about Ron Paul and that he was great and for the people, etc. She asked what changes he would make and he mentioned eliminating the income tax. She said, and I quote, "I like the income tax. It gives me extra money every year."

:mad: :( :confused: :eek: !!!!!!!!!!!

PS - these reduced fat wheat thins taste like bananas.

LibertyEagle
10-08-2007, 12:41 PM
"I like the income tax. It gives me extra money every year."

:mad: :( :confused: :eek: !!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, this is what we are dealing with. People don't count the money that they never see. If they stopped withholding and instead required everyone to write out a big, fat check at the end of every year, the personal income tax would be ended, immediately.

austin356
10-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Sadly, this is what we are dealing with. People don't count the money that they never see. If they stopped withholding and instead required everyone to write out a big, fat check at the end of every year, the personal income tax would be ended, immediately.

I think if we just freakin' ended Withholding it would practically kill itself!!

First thing Paul should do is end all tax withholdings. People must write monthly, quarterly, or annual checks to the Treasury for their taxes.

mwkaufman
10-08-2007, 12:54 PM
I paid "real" income taxes for the first time this year, no withholding because my income is from poker. I didn't want to look at my bank statement for months after Massachusetts took its 5-figure portion and the IRS took its substantially larger cut.

Tim724
10-08-2007, 01:17 PM
I think if we just freakin' ended Withholding it would practically kill itself!!

First thing Paul should do is end all tax withholdings. People must write monthly, quarterly, or annual checks to the Treasury for their taxes.

Amen...stopping withholding would be almost as good as eliminating the income tax. It would actually be better in that it would add some entertainment value in watching the whole thing unfold. There would be just 1 or 2 very entertaining years of watching the IRS try to get people to pull $10,000 - $15,000 out of their asses right after xmas.

kylejack
10-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Another gave me a very dirty look and said "I'll never vote for him." I just smiled and said thank you. I figured he was like those guys on hannity forums. Deep inside I laughed at him. It has to annoy them to see our passion for our candidate but no one will bother to hand out fliers for any of their politicians. I truly believe that's the foundation of their anger. It's the jealousy that they don't trust thier guy like we trust ours.
You should have replied "Wow, you're going to vote for Hillary?!" Hahahaha

JosephTheLibertarian
10-08-2007, 02:24 PM
My parents went to a prolife rally and asked me to go too. I jumped at the chance. I've been talking up Ron Paul to friends and family, but rarely strangers, and I usually avoid rallies of any kind.

I only handed out 10 slimjims. I'd say "Here's some information on a pro-life candidate." The 10 people were receptive. Although one woman kept saying like a mantra, "But we need a presence in Iraq." With her I mentioned everything from neglecting our southern border, to our debt. When she mentioned the importance of invading bad countries, I mentioned that maybe someone should invade the US because we've killed 50 million babies through abortion. It was an extreme statement, but that caught her attention for a second and then she reverted to her mantra. Maybe it will get through to her, eventually.

Two guys didn't want one. One saw the name and politely said "No thanks." Another gave me a very dirty look and said "I'll never vote for him." I just smiled and said thank you. I figured he was like those guys on hannity forums. Deep inside I laughed at him. It has to annoy them to see our passion for our candidate but no one will bother to hand out fliers for any of their politicians. I truly believe that's the foundation of their anger. It's the jealousy that they don't trust thier guy like we trust ours.

What a load of dummies

Phenom24
10-08-2007, 02:41 PM
When she mentioned the importance of invading bad countries

Whenever people say that I say "Wow, I guess we forgot about North Korea, huh? Don't they have nukes already?"

thehittgirl
10-08-2007, 02:52 PM

Great, WTG! You did wonderful

As far as the negative stuff, yesterday I posted an article on a Christian board where I used to debate people on how wrong the war was. On one hand, I probably shouldn't have posted it because it had mild foul language but on the other hand, I think deep down they know what is going on and it stings upon hearing it. It stung me then I woke up. Hopefully they'll get it eventually.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-08-2007, 02:54 PM
xians suck...sometimes :p