PDA

View Full Version : Definitely a 2nd amendment supporter

akovacs
10-08-2007, 12:22 PM
I went to the Chicago rally last month to support our guy. For those interested, my experience with the rally was posted on lewrockwell's blog here (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/015557.html).

I looked forward to hearing and hopefully meeting the good doctor in person, and I didn't want to waste the opportunity. I wanted his autograph but I wanted to make it memorable. So what did I do? I took apart my rifle and brought the wooden stock with me. After waiting for probably close to 20 minutes in the crowd, Dr. Paul came by me and I held it up in front of him. One of his campaign guys behind him looked at me and said "Nice". Paul didn't skip a beat.

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~akovacs/gallery/albums/RonPaulChicago/IMG_2307.JPG

While he was signing it he talked about how it was probably a good idea that I didn't bring the whole thing (This was in Chicago, after all) and how they sell engraved stocks all the time in Texas. The whole thing was awesome, really. There is no doubt at all about his support for the 2nd amendment.

P.S. I was really hesitant about posting this because I was afraid that other candidates could use this for their own purposes. I think I finally convinced myself that the chances of that happening are slim and that it would be hypocritical for other candidates to use it against him, especially since it isn't a "scary assault rifle" or anything. If the admins disagree with my assessment, then please immediately delete this thread.

Givemelibertyor.....
10-08-2007, 12:26 PM
That's an awesome story and picture.

IMO, no other candidate will try to use that picture for dubious reasons. It shows who the REAL 2nd amendment candidate truly is.

voortrekker
10-08-2007, 12:34 PM
DANG IT!!! I'm envious!

I thought of doing that many times, but hesitate due to the evolution of the police state in this country.

That is very, very cool!!!!!

Destined to become a highly valued by collectors.

Imagine Ron Paul's signature on a NM M1A tiger stripe walnut stock!

austin356
10-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Ron Paul signin' my assault rifle...... Or my handgun, or maybe just my framed Constitution.

DaronWestbrooke
10-08-2007, 12:44 PM
I think it is smart if we frame this that Paul is for 'smart' gun laws, that way we can appeal to both sides. After all, Ron did vote against prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers (a couple of times) and voted against decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. This way we can sell Paul to both sides.

ksuguy
10-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Damn, I want a gun signed by Ron Paul! That is awesome!