PDA

View Full Version : Replace the Chuck DeVore forum with John Dennis?

Free Moral Agent
03-08-2010, 02:32 PM
I still don't know how Chuck DeVore was able to get a sub-forum? Yeah I most likely will vote for him, but this is a guy whose support amongst us is tenuous at best. Just take a look at the threads on his sub-forum right now...

John Dennis on the other hand has many more things going for him...

He is a bonafide liberty candidate, he does not mince words. Take a look at his issues page (http://www.johndennis2010.com/issues/).
He was endorsed (http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100106007105&newsLang=en) by Ron Paul
He was just endorsed (http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=d1f8f6361aa1dda856730b739&id=9f3381341d&e=bdb6e1e073) by Barry Goldwater Jr.
HE IS GOING AGAINST NANCY PELOSI!

Even if you don't live in his district (like me), it would be a huge boost for the movement to have a that high-profile witch Pelosi thrown out by a liberty candidate.

dannno
03-08-2010, 02:41 PM
I agree, DeVore has proven to be a bit more neo-con since the subforum was created. In fact, there is a candidate who some here may choose to support over DeVore, Tom Campbell, who Ron Paul has complimented in the past.

John Dennis is a great candidate and is taking on Pelosi.

TCE
03-08-2010, 04:27 PM
I agree, DeVore has proven to be a bit more neo-con since the subforum was created. In fact, there is a candidate who some here may choose to support over DeVore, Tom Campbell, who Ron Paul has complimented in the past.

The problem with Dennis is he stands no chance and has hinted strongly that it is an Information Campaign Only. The problem with Tom Campbell is that he supported Dr. Paul's opponent monetarily when he tried to return to Congress.

Brian4Liberty
03-08-2010, 04:33 PM
We can change the DeVore sub-forum to "Anyone but Boxer or Fiorina". ;)

TCE
03-08-2010, 04:35 PM
We should probably have a debate at what kind of candidate should get a sub-forum.

* A viable candidate?
* A Pure liberty candidate who may not stand a shot?
* A mix of both?

dannno
03-08-2010, 04:37 PM
The problem with Dennis is he stands no chance and has hinted strongly that it is an Information Campaign Only. The problem with Tom Campbell is that he supported Dr. Paul's opponent monetarily when he tried to return to Congress.

John Dennis will stand a chance when more elections start happening and the Dems realize they aren't safe.

John Dennis is also more non-interventionist than Pelosi, and that could be a big help in that district.

Brian4Liberty
03-08-2010, 04:41 PM
We should probably have a debate at what kind of candidate should get a sub-forum.

That would probably be up to the forum owner... ;)

TCE
03-08-2010, 04:49 PM
John Dennis will stand a chance when more elections start happening and the Dems realize they aren't safe.

John Dennis is also more non-interventionist than Pelosi, and that could be a big help in that district.

If he gets better than 25%, I will be amazed. There hasn't been a Republican in that seat since 1953. The best anyone has done against Pelosi is 18%, Cindy Shaheen was at 16%.

B4L: The admins are pretty good about grabbing the pulse of the community. Is a candidate gains traction and is pro-liberty, they would likely give such a person a forum.

Free Moral Agent
03-08-2010, 04:51 PM
I totally forgot that John Dennis was also endorsed (http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100106007105&newsLang=en) by the man himself, Ron Paul. I think the fact that he is campaigning in an uber-liberal city like San Fran only helps his campaign, he can appeal to anti-war and anti-drug law voters.

Deborah K
03-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Wait....John Dennis is running against Pelosi and DeVore is running against Boxer. Why do we need to replace DeVore with Dennis? The point is we need to get those two out!! Why not ask for a subforum for Dennis?

Free Moral Agent
03-08-2010, 04:57 PM
That would be the ideal solution... ;)

ronpaulhawaii
03-08-2010, 05:08 PM
I support a Dennis sub-forum. He was funny at CPAC, came up to the booth, picked up a flier saying, "I'm a Grassroots Candidate, am I... ohhh, there I am :D"

Deborah K
03-08-2010, 05:09 PM
I support a Dennis sub-forum. He was funny at CPAC, came up to the booth, picked up a flier saying, "I'm a Grassroots Candidate, am I... ohhh, there I am :D"

Pull some strings Michael? :D

dannno
03-08-2010, 05:17 PM
“John Dennis is truly committed to Liberty, personal freedom, fiscal discipline and a more sensible foreign policy. I am very happy that John has decided to run for Congress and wholeheartedly endorse him.”

Congressman Paul’s endorsement comes through his Liberty PAC, a Republican leadership PAC committed to supporting Liberty minded candidates across the country.

Said Liberty PAC director Jesse Benton, “John Dennis is a terrific candidate who is going to ask tough questions like: ‘Why is Nancy Pelosi running up crushing budget deficits?’, “Why has she allowed President Obama to expand the war in Afghanistan?’, and, ‘Why has Nancy Pelosi refused to support transparency and accountability at the Federal Reserve.’ The constituents of California’s 8th district deserve answers to these questions. John Dennis will hold her accountable.”

For more information on John Dennis, please visit www.JohnDennis2010.com.

:)

nurse_emily
03-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Why are we fighting against elements inside our own cause. I bet the Commies and Fascists who we are trying to defeat are better aligned internally.

Who is behind the wheel here? Who is standing in the way of our mission? Time is growing near, there is no time for gallstones.

dannno
03-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Why are we fighting against elements inside our own cause. I bet the Commies and Fascists who we are trying to defeat are better aligned internally.

Who is behind the wheel here? Who is standing in the way of our mission? Time is growing near, there is no time for gallstones.

The owners of the forum are actually agents of Mossad.

But no, seriously, the owners/admins are just kinda busy and not around terribly often.. we had some issues with some Mods recently, I don't even know what happened to a couple of them.

RPH is a great guy though, he has some pull. I'm sure it will be up pretty soon.

nurse_emily
03-08-2010, 09:47 PM
The owners of the forum are actually agents of Mossad.

But no, seriously, the owners/admins are just kinda busy and not around terribly often.. we had some issues with some Mods recently, I don't even know what happened to a couple of them.

RPH is a great guy though, he has some pull. I'm sure it will be up pretty soon.

That is really sad, they could at least assign someone to keep the board going while they are gone. I mean, their Google Adsense is still rolling in...

Bergie Bergeron
03-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Send a message to JoshLowry, I agree with the Dennis subforum but it should replace Ron Paul 2010.

nurse_emily
03-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Send a message to JoshLowry, I agree with the Dennis subforum but it should replace Ron Paul 2010.

I was just shot down on the Webmaster / bloggers private forum by Josh and you haven't even gotten a comment.

Go to Campaign for Liberty website (http://campaignforliberty.com) and join our John Dennis discussion (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/forums/?state=CA) there. If we wait till November to start campaigning for John then it will be too late.

I'll be Volunteering at the Convention where he is speaking at on the 12th and 13th!

Michigan11
03-11-2010, 02:56 AM
Wait....John Dennis is running against Pelosi and DeVore is running against Boxer. Why do we need to replace DeVore with Dennis? The point is we need to get those two out!! Why not ask for a subforum for Dennis?

This!

Let's help them both out.

Bergie Bergeron
03-12-2010, 03:15 PM
We could use the California sub-forum (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135) for Dennis.

papajohn56
03-23-2010, 01:26 AM
John Dennis is receiving nation-wide attention now. He deserves a subforum, we should help his moneybomb on the 25th.

pahs1994
04-11-2010, 01:07 PM
yes he needs a subforum

Winston Smith
05-19-2010, 01:36 PM
At the very least give JD his own forum... this sub-forum idea is undermining his campaign.

klamath
05-19-2010, 01:57 PM

So you liked Campbell's statement in the last debate that congress should take the second amendment rights away US citizens if they came from a muslim countries even if they weren't charged or convicted of anything??
And you didn't like Devore's answer that they had to be convicted terrorists before we should take someones second amendment rights away???
You also liked Cambell TARP yes vote??
Devore has my vote.

klamath
05-19-2010, 02:00 PM

+1
Why is it people have to try and tear down one liberty candidate in order to support the other???? They are not competing with each other!!

Free Moral Agent
05-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Yeah, its not that DeVore is an exceptional liberty candidate its that Tom Campbell has proven himself to be much worse as of late.