PDA

View Full Version : Get Ron Paul to Knob Creek this weekend! HUGE EVENT!

SWATH
10-08-2007, 12:09 PM
The largest Class III military show and machine gun shoot this weekend. IT WOULD BE HUGE. It would be great if Ron Paul or Rand Paul showed up since he lives nearby to it.

Please don't send anymore emails now, they are already informed about the event, they can look into it further if they feel it is a good idea, no need to keep telling them. Thank you for your help.
Here is my email:

Anyone going to Knob creek should download the flyer down below, print out copies, and hand them out at there. I can't afford to print many but I will print some, and maybe others can do the same.

Primbs
10-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Somebody should also coordinate all the class III license holders and let them know about Ron Paul. There are federal lists out there we need to mail to.

Conceal carry gun owners should be notified.

wbbgjr
10-08-2007, 12:22 PM
I say we email the campaign and request Ron Paul's attendance at the largest Class III military show and machine gun shoot this weekend. IT WOULD BE HUGE. At the very least we should try to get Rand Paul there since he lives nearby to it. Here is the email: events@ronpaul2008.com

Here is my email:

You might want to email one of them directly or call HQ since it usually takes them awhile to check the general email account.

LibertyEagle
10-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Yes, they'll never see it in time in the general email account.

SWATH
10-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Who should I email and what are their email addresses? I'm not sure who would handle this.

SWATH
10-08-2007, 12:46 PM
I just called their HQ to let them know but they seemed really rushed and I didn't get a chance to give him any details, so lets email someone from the campaign who could get it quick.

Lord Xar
10-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Swath,, why don't you set up a booth or pass out a thousand or so flyers?? Can we perhaps get you and others to flyer this event?

uncloned21
10-08-2007, 12:53 PM
What's security like at an event like this?

SWATH
10-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Yes, I will be there passing out slim-jims but I also might make a flyer specifically targeted towards the class III crowd. As far as alot of free media and press attention, Ron Paul would definately get it if he showed up there.

SWATH
10-08-2007, 01:13 PM

There are quite a few range officers there (in blaze orange t-shirts), I think security would be fine.

DrNoZone
10-08-2007, 01:16 PM

Hahaha...12,000 2nd amendment lovers in attendance carrying guns and you're asking about security? Priceless.

SWATH
10-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Here is a link to the Mail Call special that was done last year. Attendance has skyrocketed since then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIZpCLvXsoM

pcosmar
10-08-2007, 01:40 PM

Americans with machine guns.= Safest place in the world.
Why do you ask?

LibertyEagle
10-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Yes, I will be there passing out slim-jims but I also might make a flyer specifically targeted towards the class III crowd. As far as alot of free media and press attention, Ron Paul would definately get it if he showed up there.

I'm not sure if this will be helpful in what you're trying to put together, but here is a pro-2nd amendment RP Slim Jim. http://www.doomwadstation.com/2nd.doc

Note: You will need to remove or at least edit the boxes at the bottom of both the front and the back. They look like they were intended as placeholders for us to insert whatever email address we wanted to direct them to for more information.

BrianH
10-08-2007, 01:53 PM
The local meet-up group is close by with 125 members. A post on their bulletin board enquiring if anyone planned to attend drew so far only 3 responses and none indicating they planned to attend. See: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/216/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3632373 Maybe someone could lobby them to have some kind of presence there?

SWATH
10-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Does anyone have an email address to someone in the campaign that will get the info fast?

V4Vendetta
10-08-2007, 02:01 PM
GUYS listen. Its not enough that we go there and pass out information. RON PAUL MUST BE THERE!!!! END OF STORY!!!!!!

LibertyEagle
10-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Does anyone have an email address to someone in the campaign that will get the info fast?

I PM'd you the email address of Jesse Benton, the campaign Communications Director. What else do you want? :confused:

SWATH
10-08-2007, 02:09 PM
OOOPS, My humble apologies, I didn't even see it, I will email him straight away. Thanks You!

Grandson of Liberty
10-08-2007, 02:10 PM
A presidential candidate, surrounded by machine guns. Hmmm. I'm willing to bet this doesn't happen. Perhaps they could set up a video link.

murrayrothbard
10-08-2007, 02:13 PM
A presidential candidate, surrounded by machine guns. Hmmm. I'm willing to bet this doesn't happen. Perhaps they could set up a video link.

Do you mean because of anti-gun PR spin, or because he wouldn't be safe?

Grandson of Liberty
10-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Do you mean because of anti-gun PR spin, or because he wouldn't be safe?
I'm not saying he wouldn't be safe necessarily, I'm just saying that there would be too many "potential" threats to manage as far as security goes.

BrianH
10-08-2007, 02:28 PM

Good work! If you aren't a member of the local meetup group please join and add to there post on this event so you can recruit some of them to help. It would be great if Rand Paul or could show up at least. Something for the media to write about!

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/216/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3632373

V4Vendetta
10-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Call the Headquarters

Tell them Ron Paul MUST BE THERE!!!

I just did!

SWATH
10-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Good work! If you aren't a member of the local meetup group please join and add to there post on this event so you can recruit some of them to help. It would be great if Rand Paul or could show up at least. Something for the media to write about!

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/216/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3632373

Done and Done

SWATH
10-08-2007, 02:35 PM
I emailed Jesse Benton, I emailed the campaign events email address, and I called HQ, hopefully they will get the message.

Primbs
10-08-2007, 02:59 PM
With the price of machine guns, I would hope we could get some maximum donations from this crowd. It is a very expensive past time. And we need all the donations we can get.

SWATH
10-08-2007, 04:09 PM
With the price of machine guns, I would hope we could get some maximum donations from this crowd. It is a very expensive past time. And we need all the donations we can get.

Yes, some of these guns are as high as 500k!

SWATH
10-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Please critique the front page of the new flyer for Knob Creek
Download .doc here http://www.sendspace.com/file/3wwn49

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/152/abolishthebatfest6.jpghttp://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7361/abolishthebatfesh1.jpghttp://img237.imageshack.us/img237/224/abolishthebatfepg2wx7.jpghttp://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7593/abolishthebatfepg2my2.jpghttp://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1023/abolishthebatfepg2ea4.jpg

Chrispy
10-08-2007, 07:58 PM
SWATH -- i love the comment

"Has Gun Will Revolt"

SWATH
10-08-2007, 08:02 PM
SWATH -- i love the comment

"Has Gun Will Revolt"

Thanks, I am thinking about making it into a bumper sticker

ksuguy
10-08-2007, 08:08 PM
I agree. It would be great for Ron to show up here. Good point about the fundraising potential. Machine guns are an expensive hobby, and the people into them tend to have a lot of cash. Lots of doctors, lawyers, businessmen, etc.

Chrispy
10-08-2007, 08:11 PM
And 12,000 of them!!!! I mean it would be worth going to any get together with 12,000 people, hold a Hillary please raise our taxes rally. 2nd amendment rights are right up his ally. At the very leased we need grassroots support there.

austin356
10-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Someone should let Class III people know that Ron Paul wants to eliminate class designation and allow anyone to buy class III without the government even knowing.

MicroBalrog
10-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Someone should let Class III people know that Ron Paul wants to eliminate class designation and allow anyone to buy class III without the government even knowing.

Machinegun collectors would lose money from this.

Prices of machnieguns in the US for private citizens are highly inflated due to government policies, and as such anybody with a serious MG collection stands to lose thousands of dollars if they become readily available.

SWATH
10-08-2007, 08:27 PM

Prices of machnieguns in the US for private citizens are highly inflated due to government policies, and as such anybody with a serious MG collection stands to lose thousands of dollars if they become readily available.

Yes they would lose their investments but most I have talked to said it would be well worth it.

SWATH
10-08-2007, 08:56 PM
OK I updated the flyer to include a back, please review and comment. Thanks

voortrekker
10-08-2007, 09:05 PM
The flyer looks outstanding IMHO!!!!!!!!

I have never been to Knob Creek, but have heard alot about it over the years.

Looks like a great place to recruit RP supporters.

LibertyEagle
10-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Please critique the front page of the new flyer for Knob Creek

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/7986/abolishthebatfehq5.jpghttp://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4537/abolishthebatfepg2cl0.jpg

There is no hyphen in deregulate.

Primbs
10-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Very nice. I hope it is a success.

SWATH
10-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Please critique the front and back page of the new flyer for Knob Creek
Download .doc here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3wwn49

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/152/abolishthebatfest6.jpghttp://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7361/abolishthebatfesh1.jpghttp://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7593/abolishthebatfepg2my2.jpghttp://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1023/abolishthebatfepg2ea4.jpghttp://img237.imageshack.us/img237/224/abolishthebatfepg2wx7.jpg

Alright it is updated again, what do you think?

SWATH
10-08-2007, 11:43 PM
If anyone would like me to email you these files please let me know. It occurred to me that this flyer would be good at any gun show.

erowe1
10-09-2007, 04:53 AM
delete

RTsquared
10-09-2007, 05:15 AM
On no! Please not another joker on here trying to get us to flood the already swamped people at the campaign so that we can tell them we know the best way to schedule Ron Paul's precious time better than they do!

People, when are you going to stop doing this?

If you care about Ron Paul winning the presidency and you're tired of all the interlopers coming in here and trying to get people on these forums to become unsolicited campaign advisers, then join me in rating this ridiculous thread a one for terrible.

Just out of curiosity...

Is it possible that this subject had not come up at Ron Paul HQ?

If it had, and been summarily rejected, that's one thing...but this seems like a natural event for Dr. Paul.

1) Large crowd? Check.
2) Single-issue voters? Check.
2a) Voting record consistent with views of single-issue voters? Duh.
3) Affluent crowd? Check.

If there's even a 5% chance that this slipped through the cracks at Ron Paul HQ, this is a no-brainer e-mail to send.

Just for giggles, let's say that RP shows up and gets 100 people to max out (I wouldn't be shocked if I underestimated by an order of magnitude there). That makes this thread and e-mail have an EV of $11,500.

I don't remember seeing it mentioned on the campaign calendar. It is possible it got overlooked - as amazing as Dr. Paul and his staff are, they are only human.

erowe1
10-09-2007, 05:26 AM
delete

RTsquared
10-09-2007, 05:37 AM
*raises hand*

I would be that clown.

Sorry, but my baggy suit is currently being altered, and I haven't pulled the rainbow wig and face paint out of storage yet.

erowe1
10-09-2007, 05:43 AM
delete

Chrispy
10-09-2007, 06:06 AM
Just a thought, Ron Paul has no events posted past the 12th.

I seriously doubt that the campaign has overlooked this event given it's sheer size, wealthy participants and aligned values that would effectively create a fund raising eclipse. I might entertain that there could be a surprise visit?

Maybe if other candidates catch wind that he will be attending they will want in on the action. If this is the case then I've said too much. I'm sure that the campaign has heard from a few of us, so they at leased know. If they don't show up then we'll just have to assume they had good reason.

cheapbastud
10-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Hey SWATH, my Dad called me yesterday and invited me to go down to this event with him on Friday with another friend of his. I've never been to anything like this, is it a single venue event or is it more like a carnival?

SWATH
10-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Hey SWATH, my Dad called me yesterday and invited me to go down to this event with him on Friday with another friend of his. I've never been to anything like this, is it a single venue event or is it more like a carnival?

First of all let me address the notion that I am an interloper and that this thread is a bad idea. I have been a Ron Paul fan for a long time and I have been going to Knob Creek twice a year for a long time. If his campaign doesn't know anything about it they should because this is ideal territory for his message. Now I'm not sure what you mean about flooding his campaign with emails, there is an email address on the website specifically for suggesting events. Should we not use it? Should we let a HUGE opportunity float away because the campaign might be busy doing other things?

On to cheapbastud's question. The event costs $10 for admission per day so it will appeal to your monetary predisposition. It is a giant gun show, where you can buy, guns, swords, knives, clothes, MRE's, militaria, tanks, ammo, novelty items, etc. They also have various shooting competitions and such, but the main attraction is that every 2 hours for 4 days the main range opens up in a symphony of armageddon for about 20-40min. About 200 people with all manner of machine gun and cannon opens fire on an assortment of cars, boats, appliances, buses, and 55 gal drums of gasoline strapped with high explosives. Yes, it is a rush. The very best shoot is the saturday night shoot. There are typically 2 night shoots on saturday where everyone is using tracers so it is quite a light show.

Here is a video of the night shoot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31vm3-BQRJU

Also watch the mail call episode on page one post #12 of this thread for a more detailed overview.

I might add that we are substantially behind schedule in fundraising this quarter, if you want to hit 12 million, this is how you do it.

Primbs
10-09-2007, 10:20 AM
The campaign can handle the requests. That is their job is to sort through requests.
The campaign can hire a few extra people now with five million dollars. The campaign could send a surrogate speaker.

There is a very good case that they never thought of Knob Creek. That is a real niche for gun owners.

LibertyEagle
10-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Isn't Rand Paul a member of a Kentucky Meetup group? I would think the possibility of getting him to attend would be much higher.

erowe1
10-09-2007, 10:24 AM
delete

LibertyEagle
10-09-2007, 10:25 AM
On no! Please not another joker on here trying to get us to flood the already swamped people at the campaign so that we can tell them we know the best way to schedule Ron Paul's precious time better than they do!

People, when are you going to stop doing this?

If you care about Ron Paul winning the presidency and you're tired of all the interlopers coming in here and trying to get people on these forums to become unsolicited campaign advisers, then join me in rating this ridiculous thread a one for terrible.

Who said anything about flooding the campaign with emails? Of course, that shouldn't happen. To my knowledge, only one targeted email is going to be sent to the campaign. I fail to see the problem with that.

LibertyEagle
10-09-2007, 10:26 AM
You have no idea what you're talking about.
If it's such a great idea, contact the Kentucky state coordinator and they'll take it from there.

Does Kentucky have a state coordinator?

Primbs
10-09-2007, 10:28 AM
I will try to be polite. I have volunteered at the National Headquarters. I know some things. But I understand where you are coming from. It is easy for the campaign to get flooded, but the campaign now is getting big and it should no longer be as big of a problem.

Yes, before July and going into august that campaign was having a hard time keeping up.

erowe1
10-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Does Kentucky have a state coordinator?

If they don't then that should tell you how relatively unimportant Kentucky is right now, which doesn't reflect highly on the need for Paul to forego events in NH to attend this. But even in this case, there are still other state coordinators whose purview covers Kentucky if it doesn't have one. But if you have the money committed beforehand (like 20 people at $500 a head), that's what will convince them, not getting a bunch of forum members to send them emails and call them.

LibertyEagle
10-09-2007, 10:35 AM
If they don't then that should tell you how relatively unimportant Kentucky is right now, which doesn't reflect highly on the need for Paul to forego events in NH to attend this. But even in this case, there are still other state coordinators whose purview covers Kentucky if it doesn't have one. But if you have the money committed beforehand (like 20 people at $500 a head), that's what will convince them, not getting a bunch of forum members to send them emails and call them.

Well, if you know who that person is, why don't you PM Swath with the information.

You keep saying that a bunch of forum members are spamming them. What makes you think that is going on? The only one I know of who has sent them an email is Swath.

If Dr. Paul chooses to go, great. If he does not, the event is still a perfect opportunity for a few RP supporters to hand out campaign literature. It's all good and I think it's great that Swath noticed the event. :)

Ozwest
10-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Ron Paul should should enter with a 50 callibre machine gun and night vision goggles. All bodyguards should be equiped with 44 Mag sidearms and shottys with slugs. Talk about your photo op!

erowe1
10-09-2007, 10:36 AM
You keep saying that a bunch of forum members are spamming them. What makes you think that is going on? The only one I know of who has sent them an email is Swath.

I don't know if members are doing that. I hope you're right and they're sensible enough not to. But the initial request on this thread was for help in doing precisely that. I was more trying to dissuade people from doing it, rather than assuming they already had.

LibertyEagle
10-09-2007, 10:38 AM
I don't know if members are doing that. I hope you're right and they're sensible enough not to. But the initial request on this thread was for help in doing precisely that. I was more trying to dissuade people from doing it, rather than assuming they already had.

You're right. Swath should edit his first post and remove that.

SWATH
10-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Knob Creek is not just a Kentucky phenomenon, it is the country's largest show/shoot perhaps the world. People migrate from all over the country for this. Every year it gets bigger. I am amazed at the difference between just 2 years ago and now. The media used to be sparse but now there are camera crews and new coverage everytime. All of these people are very proud of there event.

erowe1
10-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Well, if you know who that person is, why don't you PM Swath with the information.

I'm afraid I don't know. But here's where I would look for the best link in the chain if I were Swath: the admins of the biggest meetups that are relatively the closest to Kentucky on a map. In Ohio the Cincinatti, Columbus, and Cleveland meetups are all big. In Tennessee Knoxville and Memphis are both big. The St. Louis Missouri one is big. And the Lousiville, Kentucky one is nothing to sneeze at. If you contact the leaders of those 7 groups, one of them is going to be someone with connections. And if you can convince him how important it is, then you can get the word to the higher ups. But again, getting commitments from 20 people who would attend a $500/head fund raiser would turn heads faster than your word about how good of an opportunity it is.

SWATH
10-09-2007, 10:52 AM
The original post has been edited, I only sent two emails total. They should be informed of the event now so there is no point in hammering them over it.

Ozwest
10-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Knob Creek is not just a Kentucky phenomenon, it is the country's largest show/shoot perhaps the world. People migrate from all over the country for this. Every year it gets bigger. I am amazed at the difference between just 2 years ago and now. The media used to be sparse but now there are camera crews and new coverage everytime. All of these people are very proud of there event.

I belong to the Perth Silhouette Hand gun Club in West Australia, and a couple of members have been to Knob Creek and brought back vids to show the rest of us... They loved it! We're thinking of going as a group next year and blowing off some rounds in Vegas. Legendary... Send some party animals who'll talk to people at late BBQ sessions.

Ozwest
10-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Vegas after Kentucky.

erowe1
10-09-2007, 11:42 AM
The original post has been edited, I only sent two emails total. They should be informed of the event now so there is no point in hammering them over it.

Other than that detail, this has been a good thread about an event that RP supporters should capitalize on with or without RP being there. I'm deleting the posts where I complained about that aspect of it.

daviddee
10-09-2007, 11:45 AM

LibertyEagle
10-09-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm afraid I don't know. But here's where I would look for the best link in the chain if I were Swath: the admins of the biggest meetups that are relatively the closest to Kentucky on a map. In Ohio the Cincinatti, Columbus, and Cleveland meetups are all big. In Tennessee Knoxville and Memphis are both big. The St. Louis Missouri one is big. And the Lousiville, Kentucky one is nothing to sneeze at. If you contact the leaders of those 7 groups, one of them is going to be someone with connections. And if you can convince him how important it is, then you can get the word to the higher ups. But again, getting commitments from 20 people who would attend a $500/head fund raiser would turn heads faster than your word about how good of an opportunity it is.

That's a great idea. Someone should make sure the Meetup organizers who are close by, know about this event. Then, maybe some of them too can come out to help campaign! One of them might be able to get in touch with Rand Paul.

As far as going through a chain of command, well see, that's the glorious thing about a decentralized campaign. You don't have to go through 92 gatekeepers to make a simple notification. You're right that the campaign shouldn't be spammed, but I see no problem with Swath sending one little message to the campaign about this event.

So, who wants to be the ONE who lets the nearby Meetup organizers know about this event?

LibertyEagle
10-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Swath,

There should be no hyphen in "reaffirm". (On your flyer)

V4Vendetta
10-09-2007, 12:06 PM
have you all called the campaign?

SWATH
10-09-2007, 12:18 PM
have you all called the campaign?

Yes, but I didn't get a chance to give them any info.

I just that the campaign may interested in attending the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot because there will be a huge crowd, the press is already there, sometimes celebrities do show up and it gets alot of media attention.

The guy said "ok I'll mark it down, thanks."

LibertyEagle
10-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Swath,

But you DID send an email to Jesse Benton. He got it. That's all we can do.

I hope folks don't keep calling the campaign. All that's going to do is divert them from other things that badly need doing. You know, like getting Paul on the ballots!!!

cheapbastud
10-09-2007, 01:11 PM
I notified Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Clermont County, and Northern Ky meetup groups.

V4Vendetta
10-10-2007, 02:12 PM
People, We Have To Get Ron Paul There
Its Still Not On The Website

SWATH
10-10-2007, 02:27 PM

I'm not sure how we get him there, but I hope the campaign recognizes the opportunity. We let them know, I guess that all we can do.

SWATH
10-11-2007, 07:11 AM
I now have the .doc for the flyer hosted, you can download it here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3wwn49

LibertyEagle
10-11-2007, 07:15 AM

No, we don't HAVE TO. Let them be. The campaign knows what they're doing.

We stand a much better chance of getting someone like Rand Paul to show up. He lives in Kentucky, right? I would imagine one of the Kentucky Meetup organizers knows how to get in touch with him, if someone wants to ask.

The most important thing is that we, the Ron Paul supporters, have a presence there to pass out campaign flyers.

SWATH
10-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Ok, after checking around, I did not realize how expensive color copies are. I am still committed to getting these out at Knob Creek but is has become very hard to afford. How can I get a chip-in going?

cheapbastud
10-11-2007, 08:56 AM
SWATH, I downloaded your file and I'm doing blk&wht off my laser printer. So far it looks good to me.

SWATH
10-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Chip-in page is up, any amount donated will help immensly

http://ronpaulflyer.chipin.com/ron-paul-flyers-for-knob-creek-machine-gun-shoot

RTsquared
10-11-2007, 09:03 AM
When do you need the $$$ by?

I'll chip-in a bit tomorrow if that's not too late.

SWATH
10-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Well I'm just going to charge it to my card today, I have the chip-in set to end next friday so I will have enough to pay off my card when I get the bill.

krott5333
10-11-2007, 09:34 AM
the cheapest way to get fliers printed is have any local college students who have access to unlimited printing at school print them off.

I print all my flyers this way, at night, at the 24 hour computer labs, when no one is around to reprimand me. :)

Primbs
10-11-2007, 10:47 AM
I agree. It would be great for Ron to show up here. Good point about the fundraising potential. Machine guns are an expensive hobby, and the people into them tend to have a lot of cash. Lots of doctors, lawyers, businessmen, etc.

This is a really expensive get together. We are talking tens of millions of dollars and very pro 2nd amendment. These guys are the hardest of the hardcore. They would appreciate Dr. Ron Paul's record.

Many of the average guns are ten thousand dollars plus times twelve thousand people.

Brings some laptops with speakers so people can see who Ron Paul is.

RTsquared
10-12-2007, 07:42 AM
I threw in $5 as promised.

C'mon guys...this is a great thing they're doing. Every little bit helps.

RTsquared
10-12-2007, 05:14 PM
One more bump for this thread because another poster mentioned it.

V4Vendetta
10-15-2007, 07:28 AM
Well Guys, what ever happened to this?

I guess Ron Paul never showed up