PDA

View Full Version : I Apprecite The Ron Paul Information

therepublic
03-08-2010, 10:20 AM
I very much appreciate the posts that inform others about Ron Paul's stance on the issues. I am amazed at how many people, not only in the general public, but on this forum as well do not how Ron Paul Stands on many issues.

Many people do not even know that he and Rand oppose open borders, how they feel about the Tea Party Movement, how he stands on abortion (they falsely believe he is pro-abortion), that he is not an anarchist, that he is not anti-Christian... I mean if one looks at some of these posts, one would think there is a deliberate intention to water down or even destroy the message Ron Paul so clearly states over and over. In the Media he sometimes has to defend himself against posts made in the Ron Paul forums.

Thank you to those who continue to post Ron Paul's views in Ron Paul Forums.

amy31416
03-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Uhh, I can't speak for everyone, but I know that RP isn't for open borders, that he considers abortion unethical, that he's a Constitutionalist and that he is a very devout Christian.

Are you sure you aren't mistaking people's personal beliefs that differ from RP's as if they think that RP himself believes that? Plenty of people who support Ron and Rand have different beliefs on many different things.

torchbearer
03-08-2010, 11:24 AM
To just say Ron is for closed borders would be a half-truth. He is for closed border until we get rid of the welfare state. He actually isn't a xenophobe who hates brown people. So in a way, he'd be for open borders if he could change government to our policies. meaning, in the end, his policy would be open borders.
watch his answer during this debate in NH:
YouTube - Ron Paul in CNN debate on June 5, 2007 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwJKGfAWQUo#t=4m45s)
the important part is at 5:42

nayjevin
03-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Individual liberty requires holding individuals accountable to the actions of themselves only.

therepublic
03-08-2010, 12:13 PM
To just say Ron is for closed borders would be a half-truth. He is for closed border until we get rid of the welfare state. He actually isn't a xenophobe who hates brown people. So in a way, he'd be for open borders if he could change government to our policies. meaning, in the end, his policy would be open borders.
watch his answer during this debate in NH:
YouTube - Ron Paul in CNN debate on June 5, 2007 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwJKGfAWQUo#t=4m45s)
the important part is at 5:42

bump

angelatc
03-08-2010, 12:34 PM

I think most of us share that sentiment. And, like Ron Paul, I know that ending the welfare state isn't (and shouldn't) happen overnight, and until then, we need to enforce immigration laws.

That latter part really pisses off the libertarians.

torchbearer
03-08-2010, 12:36 PM
I think most of us share that sentiment. And, like Ron Paul, I know that ending the welfare state isn't (and shouldn't) happen overnight, and until then, we need to enforce immigration laws.

That latter part really pisses off the libertarians.

the libertarians I know agree 100% with your statement and ron's statement.
but, from our perspective- the above statement is ultimately an open borders policy.

therepublic
03-08-2010, 12:48 PM
the libertarians I know agree 100% with your statement and ron's statement.
but, from our perspective- the above statement is ultimately an open borders policy.

half truth torchbearer as you so wisely pointed out.

I did not mean to limit the misunderstandings and half truths to Ron Paul's position on border security. There are many Ron Paul issues that are not fully understood by the general public (& many on this forum...not meaning to say that I am an expert on RP...we are all learning)...partly to do with past discussions on his forums (and the media and general public listening in).

However I am delighted that lately there seems to be more attention to accurately presenting Ron Paul's views along with our own which are not always 100% in line.