PDA

View Full Version : Story about Ron Paul and much is really being put into his campaign.

G-khan
10-08-2007, 11:04 AM
I would like to get a story out on Ron Paul's real money numbers. I think it is way more than 5.1 million when we include what is being spent by grassroots supporters. From airplanes to billboards to newspaper ads. All the personal signs and such. I know I have spent as much on materials and projects as I have donated.

I think if we can gather some of this data we can get it in the news and show that in reality Ron Paul is getting a lot more than the numbers reflect from campaign headquarters..

What do you think and can we get this story out? Will someone pick up on it?

I know FMNN would run with this...........

ghemminger
10-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Awsome idea - probably need to do a poll sample and base it upon $$$ per meetup member?

jgmaynard
10-08-2007, 11:08 AM
I would say you would need to quantify it by say adding up the amounts raised from meetup groups across the country: "In addition to the 5.1 M dollars raised by the official campaign, meetup groups around the country have raised an additional $ 2.4M to supprt Paul's candidacy" or something like that.

JM

G-khan
10-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Awsome idea - probably need to do a poll sample and base it upon $$$ per meetup member?

A poll and also some of the projects we have put together - newspapers, Airplanes, Billboards..

He for sure is getting a lot more than is reported..

If we get a good thread together and then point reporters to it and have some people willing to speak to them on their own experiences of what they are spending I think it would make a good story?

specsaregood
10-08-2007, 11:11 AM
I agree; but at the same time, beware our enemies coming after you for FEC violations for spending too much of your OWN money on your OWN projects to get him elected. Seriously, I think there is some stuff in that awful legislation limiting that and causing paperwork headaches.

Ninja Homer
10-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Getting an estimate of grassroots $ donated might be possible, but good luck on figuring out donated work hours.

I read/heard somewhere that there's about 30,000 Ron Paul videos on YouTube now. What would an average cost be to have somebody create/put up a video... $100? That would be $3 million in donated time right there.