PDA

View Full Version : Tax Returns

wildturkey
03-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Quick question, ive never efiled and i plan on it this year. Should I give them my bank information for direct deposit, or do they save that for the day they take everyones money? I dont want to wait a month for a check, but I dont know if I want the IRS having my bank information. Your opinions please.

Danke
03-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Quick question, ive never efiled and i plan on it this year. Should I give them my bank information for direct deposit, or do they save that for the day they take everyones money? I dont want to wait a month for a check, but I dont know if I want the IRS having my bank information. Your opinions please.

Unless you have an account at a bank that doesn't have your SSN, it wouldn't matter. The IRS already has access to your account.

KCIndy
03-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Unless you have an account at a bank that doesn't have your SSN, it wouldn't matter. The IRS already has access to your account.

LOL! Yep, what Danke said...

If anyone thinks ANY bank account is safe from the Feds and the IRS, he's either suffering from delusions or a potentially fatal case of naivety.

noxagol
03-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Give them the info, chances are that when they come to take your money it won't be worth a hill of beans anyways.

Stary Hickory
03-07-2010, 12:41 PM
We are so lucky that the government gives us money like that. What would we do without the government?

Zippyjuan
03-07-2010, 04:25 PM
You will get your refund faster and not have to deal with getting, possibly losing, and eventually depositing their check.

MelissaWV
03-07-2010, 04:51 PM

What the others have said. I've done the direct deposit thing in the past, and it gets me my money back faster, plus I don't have to waste a trip to the bank. You've already got a bank account, so it's a fairly simple decision.

I got my refund before most people got their W2's...

evilfunnystuff
03-07-2010, 05:47 PM
I got my refund before most people got their W2's...

me 2 i probly had it all spent before they got the w2's also

Pants
03-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Feds already know your bank account and have the information. It doesn't matter anyway. When my friend got audited the Feds knew everything right down to the brand of toilet paper they bought..