PDA

View Full Version : Video: Ron Paul answers question on "9/11 truth"

BlackTerrel
03-07-2010, 03:26 AM
With the whole Beck/Medina debate there was a lot of discussion on how that question should be answered. I thought Ron Paul did a fantastic job at the debates, and quickly got back on track (note the applause)

YouTube - RON PAUL SLAPS DOWN 911 TRUTHER QUESTION DURING S.C DEBATE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhQ8xi312l8)

Korey Kaczynski
03-07-2010, 09:07 AM
With the whole Beck/Medina debate there was a lot of discussion on how that question should be answered. I thought Ron Paul did a fantastic job at the debates, and quickly got back on track (note the applause)

YouTube - RON PAUL SLAPS DOWN 911 TRUTHER QUESTION DURING S.C DEBATE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhQ8xi312l8)

I posted this same video in another Medina/Beck thread, but nobody seemed to agree with me.

Ron Paul does answer that expertly. Volleys the question right back to make it seem unfair to be asked that.

amy31416
03-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Definitely one of Ron's many brilliant moments.

akforme
03-07-2010, 11:28 AM
YouTube - Ron Paul admits he is a 911 Truther (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cENpjWNIt-Y)

RM918
03-07-2010, 11:31 AM
YouTube - Ron Paul admits he is a 911 Truther (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cENpjWNIt-Y)

1. He doesn't say, 'I am a 9/11 truther! YEAH!'. It can be very easily interpreted, due to the various factors in that, that he's referring to starting a new 9/11 investigation. Which he supports. Has nothing to do with thinking Bush took down the towers.

2. As beaming proud as I'm sure you are to have Paul (allegedly) tell you you were right and stroke your head, I hope you're just as proud every time we and our ideas get publicly humiliated as loons every time this is brought up.

pcosmar
03-07-2010, 11:39 AM
1. He doesnt not say, 'I am a 9/11 truther! YEAH!'. It can be very easily interpreted, due to the various factors in that, that he's referring to starting a new 9/11 investigation. Which he supports. Has nothing to do with thinking Bush took down the towers.

2. As beaming proud as I'm sure you are to have Paul (allegedly) tell you you were right and stroke your head, I hope you're just as proud every time we and our ideas get publicly humiliated as loons every time this is brought up.
:eek:
Personally
I would rather be a loon, than a mindless drone eating the shit served to me.
And licking the boots that kick me.
:mad:

RM918
03-07-2010, 12:05 PM
:eek:
Personally
I would rather be a loon, than a mindless drone eating the shit served to me.
And licking the boots that kick me.
:mad:

Wanting to focus on smaller government instead of having to defend yourself against whether or not you think Bush took down the towers helps us all out how, exactly?

Who's boots is it licking? The goal and methods remain unchanged, the discussions just go from 'How crazy are you, on a level from 1 to 10?' to actually changing people's minds.

pcosmar
03-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Wanting to focus on smaller government instead of having to defend yourself against whether or not you think Bush took down the towers helps us all out how, exactly?

Who's boots is it licking? The goal and methods remain unchanged, the discussions just go from 'How crazy are you, on a level from 1 to 10?' to actually changing people's minds.
So how does alienating the vast number of "truthers" that have been very active from the beginnings of this Ron Paul Revolution help?

How does sucking up to the Establishment propagandists help?

people all across this country are waking up. The vast majority do not believe the official story.

RM918
03-07-2010, 12:26 PM
So how does alienating the vast number of "truthers" that have been very active from the beginnings of this Ron Paul Revolution help?

people all across this country are waking up. The vast majority do not believe the official story.

I don't think it's alienating them at all. I'm not saying they shouldn't be involved, plenty of them have added a hell of a lot to it. But I'd wager they understand the consequences of what shouting, '9/11 was an inside job!' while they're stumping for Paul actually does to Paul

Plenty of what Paul stands for is already anathema to the establishment, very little exists that does not. Putting 9/11 at the forefront of the campaign, however, is unnecessary. It has nothing to do with sucking up and all to do with changing to more effective tactics.

pcosmar
03-07-2010, 12:35 PM
I don't think it's alienating them at all. I'm not saying they shouldn't be involved, plenty of them have added a hell of a lot to it. But I'd wager they understand the consequences of what shouting, '9/11 was an inside job!' while they're stumping for Paul actually does to Paul

Plenty of what Paul stands for is already anathema to the establishment, very little exists that does not. Putting 9/11 at the forefront of the campaign, however, is unnecessary. It has nothing to do with sucking up and all to do with changing to more effective tactics.

So who here is doing that?
I have not seen that. I have seen many, and you in a couple of threads, lambasting "truthers" for having a discussion about events surrounding 9/11. Even to the point of taking a thread off track in that direction when the thread was about other subjects.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=234800
wtf is up with that?

BLS
03-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Let me tell you truthers something.

I don't believe we know the real story.
I DO believe Paul would have it investigated if elected.
I KNOW....he'll NEVER be elected if he's considered a 'TRUTHER'.

You have NO idea how many people would immediately dismiss him if they believed he was a truther.

So STOP trying to attach him to the movement, and realize that sometimes the ends DO justify the means. Be a good boy or girl, debate the 'normal' issues and when he gets elected you'll get your investigation.

RM918
03-07-2010, 01:25 PM
So who here is doing that?
I have not seen that. I have seen many, and you in a couple of threads, lambasting "truthers" for having a discussion about events surrounding 9/11. Even to the point of taking a thread off track in that direction when the thread was about other subjects.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=234800
wtf is up with that?

It just happened! This is the second time that video's been posted to illustrate, 'See, he's a truther!', the said 'derailing' caused by the exact same video being posted in the exact same manner.

I'm not lambasting truthers for talking about 9/11. I'm lambasting them for attempting to tie it to Paul and ignoring the consequences.

My point has nothing to do with whether the government took out the towers or not. I'm not attempting to prove or disprove that.

BlackTerrel
03-07-2010, 01:41 PM

That's really pushing it to say he is a 911 truther.

BlackTerrel
03-07-2010, 01:44 PM

I think you're overestimating the number of "truthers". It's about as popular as the "Obama is a Muslim" theory. Neither of which are very productive.

RM918
03-07-2010, 01:51 PM
I think you're overestimating the number of "truthers". It's about as popular as the "Obama is a Muslim" theory. Neither of which are very productive.

That one's actually surprisingly more popular than you'd think.

Inkblots
03-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Listen, as an engineer I've looked into some of the '9/11 truth' claims, and all of them I've read of are total BS.

But I don't want to get into that argument here, I'm sure there are other threads for that. So, arguendo, let's say you're correct and the official 9/11 story is some sort of cover-up. That still doesn't change the fact that a majority of the population and 99% of the popular media think of truthers as dangerous idiots and cover them and those they associate with as such. You heard Dr. Paul in the clip in the OP - he can't make you stop, but if you care about his candidacy, you will. I mean honestly, if you stop noisily making sure Ron Paul is associated in the popular imagination with fringe conspiracy theories, you will only improve his chances of being elected, and if the government really is either controlling or controlled by a vast conspiracy, the truth will be much more likely to come out under a successfully elected Paul administration than a widely mocked and losing Paul campaign with lots of high-profile truther support. In short, stop high-jacking his airtime for your pet issue, and making him get debate questions like the above.

I was dismayed to see a large group of truthers at a Paul rally the night before the '08 Republican State Convention I attended as a delegate for Ron Paul. But I was impressed at what a fellow RP delegate said to them, as he politely asked them to stop waving their signs for the TV cameras: "Let's say you're completely correct about this. Right now, at this moment, you can be right, or you can be free. You're going to have to choose one."