PDA

View Full Version : Early warning

Bloody Holly
06-06-2007, 07:02 PM
There are going to be people coming in to divide and smear. Stay strong.

kylejack
06-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Where did you see this?

Bloody Holly
06-06-2007, 07:17 PM
sometimes you don't have to see something in order to know it will happen. It happens all the time with groups like this who stand for something against the wishes of a negative agenda. Get it? I'm giving this warning so that others will be aware to not be susceptible without awareness.

Stick to the goal, the original plan.

TheConstitutionLives
06-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks. It will be here short enough.

Revolution9
06-06-2007, 07:46 PM
For a primer on how to spot cointelpro styled infiltration read this essay.

http://laura-knight-jadczyk.blogspot.com/2006/01/how-to-spot-cointelpro-agents.html

"...in August of 1956, the FBI began its COINTELPRO operation. When traditional modes of repression (exposure, blatant harassment, and prosecution for political crimes) failed to counter the growing insurgency, and even helped to fuel it, the Bureau took the law into its own hands. Its methods ranged far beyond surveillance, and amounted to a domestic version of the covert action for which the CIA has become infamous throughout the world.

Usually, when we think of COINTELPRO, we think of the most well known and typical activities which include sending anonymous or fictitious letters designed to start rumors, among other things, publishing false defamatory or threatening information, forging signatures on fake documents, introducing disruptive and subversive members into organizations to destroy them from within, blackmailing insiders in any group to force them to spread false rumors, or to foment factionalism, and so on.

What a lot of people don’t keep in mind is the fact that COINTELPRO also concentrated on creating bogus organizations.

These bogus groups could serve many functions which might include attacking and/or disrupting bona fide groups, or even just simply creating a diversion with clever propaganda in order to attract members away so as to involve them with time-wasting activity designed to prevent them from doing anything useful. COINTELPRO was also famous for instigation of hostile actions through third parties so that it looked like just a "disagreement" between two individuals or groups, a "food fight" or something, and there was no way to connect it to any government operation."

Best
Randy

WannaBfree
08-31-2007, 11:04 PM
bump

walt
08-31-2007, 11:05 PM
agree

the trolls will be a coming

Lord Xar
08-31-2007, 11:07 PM
well, if trolls do come - perhaps the mods need to instantiate some "spam" control OR member verifications or something..

Trolls do not have to be overt to "sloooowww' things down to a crawl.. you know.

McDermit
08-31-2007, 11:09 PM
There already are a few..

cujothekitten
08-31-2007, 11:09 PM
I just wanted to add that we probably won't be banning people unless it is spamming or outlandish and disruptive behavior. If they come and debate then debate them. We might be able to pull a few.

Kuldebar
08-31-2007, 11:10 PM
What will be triggering this troll migration?

The Texas Straw Poll? The Full Moon? Tapping one's feet in a public rest room?

:)

Inquiring minds want to know!

jjschless
08-31-2007, 11:11 PM
What will be triggering this troll migration?

The Texas Straw Poll? The Full Moon? Tapping one's feet in a public rest room?

:)

Inquiring minds want to know!

Success

michaelwise
08-31-2007, 11:23 PM
Isn't it amazing how few trolls there are here. There is not much to disagree with Ron Paul's message, once people do a little research and discover for themselves that they have been lied to all these years. It's states rights, and not the roll of the federal government to dictate how people must live, which answers most of their concerns.

Jojo
08-31-2007, 11:33 PM
Anyone notice this thread was started in early June? The original poster doesn't warn of trolls necessarily, but of people coming on here to "divide and smear". That could be people acting as regular RP supporters. To "debate them and debate them" is a big waste of time in my opinion and will distract from our common goal.
But they are here. Don't fall into their trap.

McDermit
08-31-2007, 11:43 PM
Ah, I hadn't even noticed the date of the original post. But indeed, we have certainly seen a few already.

I even wonder if there aren't a few "actively" involved in some of the meetups. It sure seems like there are!

njandrewg
08-31-2007, 11:43 PM
personally I think Ron Paul's message is so positive, any trolls will be exposed very easily.

ex. Someone with 1 post comes in and makes a thread "Thats it, we are done, Ron Paul is never going to win"...the rest of us have been so optimistic, we'll know instantly the person is a plant.

same goes for meetups etc

McDermit
09-01-2007, 12:19 AM
personally I think Ron Paul's message is so positive, any trolls will be exposed very easily.

ex. Someone with 1 post comes in and makes a thread "Thats it, we are done, Ron Paul is never going to win"...the rest of us have been so optimistic, we'll know instantly the person is a plant.

same goes for meetups etc

Eh.. there are a few old timers that I wonder about. We've had serious problems within our meetup group. And there were Cali groups with similar problems. There are members who seemingly sabotage everything they're involved with.

Couple somewhat regular posters on here too.. :rolleyes:

axiomata
09-01-2007, 12:48 AM
Isn't it amazing how few trolls there are here. There is not much to disagree with Ron Paul's message, once people do a little research and discover for themselves that they have been lied to all these years. It's states rights, and not the roll of the federal government to dictate how people must live, which answers most of their concerns.
OK, I admit it, I originally joined this forum to troll but before I even made my first trolling I was converted. ;)

Zydeco
09-01-2007, 12:51 AM
When the trolls come, we'll convert them :D

Dan Klaus
09-01-2007, 12:59 AM
I agree that once the MSM gets to the point they can no longer ignore Dr. Paul they will use the opportunity to smear him..I have been feeling this for some time now...get ready....

blazin_it_alwyz
09-01-2007, 01:51 AM
I just wanted to add that we probably won't be banning people unless it is spamming or outlandish and disruptive behavior. If they come and debate then debate them. We might be able to pull a few.

The problem with that is, some will not come here to debate, but to merely pose as Ron Paul supporters. They don't have to say anything outlandish, all they have to do is sign up for an account, and act very truther like, add in some real real crazy talk (like saying they want to hurt one of the opposing candidates running) and you have a situation that is real bad.

TruePatriot44
09-01-2007, 02:19 AM
Hi Guys,

There might be some Democratic Underground people showing up. I wasn't even promoting Paul there but they found some old post I never acted on and nows its a witch hunt on me.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=3491143&mesg_id=3491143

True Patriot

jonahtrainer
09-01-2007, 07:14 AM
When the trolls come, we'll convert them :D

No kidding! I sent out the Vote '08 on Facebook to all my friends and I guess they saw my Ron Paul vote. My sister's husband's brother graffitied my wall with:

"so seriously, what is it that you like so much about Ron Paul, the man has some serious problems."

So, I went back to his wall and wrote:

"Ron Paul is a constitutionalist like Jefferson while almost the entire House and Senate are of the Hamilton bent. That does make for a radical departure from our current ideology and philosophy of the role of government.

You mentioned he, the man, has some serious problems. I have been unable to find anything, personally or professionally, that has even an appearance of impropriety. His reputation and voting record reflect he is a good, wise and honest man. I would like to know what particularly you are referencing? So often our candidates are not what the media portrays in soundbites.

Perhaps you meant some ideology & philosophy has serious flaws. If so I would like to know what issues are important to you that Ron Paul fails to address in a satisfactory way. Those issues are probably important to me and I would like to do more research to find the best ideas in the marketplace so I can make a positive contribution in seeking to uphold good, wise and honest officials."

With our friends and family let's get the ideas into the marketplace. Money and Force are impotent against ideas. Only ideas can overcome other ideas.

He has not responded yet. I noticed he currently supports FT and MR but he is a good guy and comes from a good family. So, I sure hope he does some research on an issue, besides the cursory MSM soundbites, and comes back "I've actually switched my support to Ron Paul. Now I see what you like!"

constituent
09-01-2007, 08:05 AM
i don't think RP's message nor the freedom message could be defeated by trolls or disinfo, COINTELPRO types alone.

it's like rep. Paul said in Texas City,

'something's been let out of the box, and I don't think they'll be able to put it back in.'

that's the truth too. the big thing is to not allow yourself to be instigated into shouting matches in public over issues (not matter how great) and absolutely do not ever incriminate yourself or others (over anything political or otherwise) and absolutely refuse to engage in any violent activity.

that is the true realm of the thugs we are up against. see control risks (http://www.control-risks.com).

Furthermore, do not concern yourself too much with online machinations. some will come and some will go. This site may become so thorougly infiltrated that it becomes impossible to breathe around here and people have to begin migrating to other sites... but you'll know when that happens, and undoubtedly begin the migration.

the other thing, let's stop talking like a bunch of fiends pointing the narc finger at one another... it's really unbecoming... and it's always important to remember that when you point your finger at someone, you've got three fingers point back at you.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-01-2007, 08:24 AM
It's not trolls we have to worry about; it's us. Think back to the thread about Anita Andrews. Someone, without any evidence whatsoever, tried to tie her to the Clifton Coalition, and the thread posters were ready to string her up and make an example of her.

Be careful about your treatment of "trolls." You're likely to just make an enemy of someone who was thinking about becoming a Ron Paul supporter.

If someone came to your Meetup and was still a bit undecided, would you all yell him into a corner and kick his butt to the street? I hope you'd be polite and answer any questions respectfully. Same goes for here.