PDA

View Full Version : CNN's Simulated Cyber Attack War Game

FrankRep
03-06-2010, 07:09 PM
CNN's Simulated Cyber Attack War Game "We Were Warned" Cyber Shockwave

CNN
2/20/10

YouTube - Pt 1/9 CNN's Simulated Cyber Attack War Game "We Were Warned" Cyber.Shockwave - 2/20/10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfv5JASJxbA)

Flashback:

July 8, 2009:

Federal Web sites knocked out by cyber attack (Beginning of the Cyber 9/11?)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=198896

Flashback:

A "Driver’s License" for Internet Users?
http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/tech-mainmenu-30/computers/2945-af-drivers-license-for-internet-users

Internet Freedom Targeted
http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/tech-mainmenu-30/environment/2689-internet-freedom-targeted

Coming Cyberczar to Regulate Internet
http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/tech-mainmenu-30/computers/1911-coming-cyberczar-to-regulate-internet

Bill Would Give President Internet Control
http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/tech-mainmenu-30/computers/1773-bill-would-give-president-internet-control

President Obama’s Cybersecurity Plan
http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/tech-mainmenu-30/computers/1188

New Cybersecurity Regime Proposed
http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/tech-mainmenu-30/computers/983

dr. hfn
03-06-2010, 07:18 PM
i saw that when it was on and I couldn't believe what I was seeing...

FrankRep
03-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Cyberwar declared as China hunts for the West’s intelligence secrets (http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article7053254.ece)

Times Online UK
March 8, 2010

Urgent warnings have been circulated throughout Nato and the European Union for secret intelligence material to be protected from a recent surge in cyberwar attacks originating in China.

The attacks have also hit government and military institutions in the United States, where analysts said that the West had no effective response and that EU systems were especially vulnerable because most cyber security efforts were left to member states.

Nato diplomatic sources told The Times: “Everyone has been made aware that the Chinese have become very active with cyber-attacks and we’re now getting regular warnings from the office for internal security.” The sources said that the number of attacks had increased significantly over the past 12 months, with China among the most active players.

In the US, an official report released on Friday said the number of attacks on Congress and other government agencies had risen exponentially in the past year to an estimated 1.6 billion every month.

The Chinese cyber-penetration of key offices in both Nato and the EU has led to restrictions in the normal flow of intelligence because there are concerns that secret intelligence reports might be vulnerable.

SOURCE:
http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article7053254.ece

freedoms-light
03-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Why must they have any truly critical strategic systems on the public internet anyway? I understand where they interface with the public in finances, tax, etc. it would be necessary and I understand the cost benefits of using tunneling, etc. in the personal and business sector, but since when did the Gov ever worry about money? Just tap the FED for a couple of Trillion dollars... Don't tell me that strategic defense and weapons assets should ever have exposure to the net. Before VPN technology came of age, most corporations had dedicated nets that, though using public leased point to point and mesh networks such as frame relay,
were still a lot more secure than anything that traverses the internet.
Even with the security advances of today, anything that touches the net is vulnerable -period. Add to that typical government incompetence and laziness and bureaucracy and you get an attack waiting to happen. And even if you have the greatest online security it is useless when unenforced or non-existent security policies allow employees out with laptops containing data that should only reside on a secure server, which though vulnerable, sure beats databases of veterans SS numbers walking out the door on someone's laptop..

freedoms-light
03-07-2010, 09:44 PM
On second thought, they probably already have their own cutting-edge dedicated infrastructure, are not so very vulnerable, at least as far as their most strategic assets go; and all the hype is exactly that - meant to provide the backdrop for them taking total control of the net. For our security, of course.

tangent4ronpaul
03-07-2010, 11:02 PM
On second thought, they probably already have their own cutting-edge dedicated infrastructure, are not so very vulnerable, at least as far as their most strategic assets go; and all the hype is exactly that - meant to provide the backdrop for them taking total control of the net. For our security, of course.

Milnet and Intelnet - totally seperate from the Internet.

Just watched that first segment and all I can say is what TOTAL HORSESHIT!

a cell phone virus infecting the Internet... uh hu.... 9 minutes into the attack and massive ID theft and credit scores being reported as effected - uh hu....

This is making really BAD grade B movies look good. Don't waste your time watching parts 2-9, I'm not.

-t

dannno
03-07-2010, 11:23 PM
i saw that when it was on and I couldn't believe what I was seeing...

Ya I saw it over at my friend's house.. we watched for a bit.. it was ridiculous.

My friend's were like "what is this??"

and I said, "This is some propaganda bullshit brought to you by the CFR, Bilderberg and/or the Tri-lateral Commission.."

*Silence*

mczerone
03-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Ya I saw it over at my friend's house.. we watched for a bit.. it was ridiculous.

My friend's were like "what is this??"

and I said, "This is some propaganda bullshit brought to you by the CFR, Bilderberg and/or the Tri-lateral Commission.."

*Silence*

Why didn't you just say "your government"? Seriously, worrying about the groups that scheme to take the reigns of power is an endless and thankless task. You should start focusing of the locus of power as the bad thing. You mention CFR, etc, and everybody you are talking to rolls their eyes - because they've been conditioned to think that anyone who believes that is a kook. But if you point out the actual systemic evil there is no need for a shadowy figure in a dark room that you're alleging is trying to take over the world for nefarious purposes, there is only the big obvious gang that steals our money and feeds us crap for the express purpose of spreading democracy and wielding power.

In other words, stop trying to push conspiracy theories, and start focusing more on the conspiracy fact that is govt.

dannno
03-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Why didn't you just say "your government"? Seriously, worrying about the groups that scheme to take the reigns of power is an endless and thankless task. You should start focusing of the locus of power as the bad thing. You mention CFR, etc, and everybody you are talking to rolls their eyes - because they've been conditioned to think that anyone who believes that is a kook. But if you point out the actual systemic evil there is no need for a shadowy figure in a dark room that you're alleging is trying to take over the world for nefarious purposes, there is only the big obvious gang that steals our money and feeds us crap for the express purpose of spreading democracy and wielding power.

In other words, stop trying to push conspiracy theories, and start focusing more on the conspiracy fact that is govt.

The Bilderberg Group, CFR and Tri-Lateral Commission are apart of conspiracy fact, and they control our government.

If you just say "the government", then people think Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid in a dark room somewhere coming up with this shit. Well guess what? That's bullshit and nobody believes it. These overwhelming propaganda themes that are hitting us don't come from congress, that's ridiculous. Is that really what you believe?

The reason they were silent is because it finally clicked for them. Hopefully it will click for you some day too.

dannno
03-08-2010, 12:08 AM
The drive for control of the Middle East, dominating worldwide banking cartels, controlling the drug trade.. where do you think the forces who guide all of this that is happening come from? It comes from these groups. We know that is what they talk about, we know they make goals and set agendas at these meetings.. it's not a theory.

If you really think the CNN bullshit came from some congressional think tank or some DHS committee without getting significant direction from members of these groups who received direction to put out this type of propaganda from said group, then, well, you aren't paying attention.

mczerone
03-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Dude, I didn't say those groups didn't exist, or that they aren't doing these things, its just that it is the US govt that send out "news advisers" to the major networks and puts out talking points that magically become news.

I know that very powerful people are 'controlled' by these groups, but its not a freely formed group of people that concerns me. What does concern me is the vacuum of govt that strips wealth and accumulates power to give to these clubs whenever they are successful. We can run around all day screaming about the Bilderbergs, but that doesn't provide a solution. Screaming about the govt does give a solution: stop accumulating the power for the Bilderberg to lust after.

Pelosi and Reid and Obama and Bush may not be the ones on the phones with Wolf Blitzer telling him how to write his story, but they are the ones putting into action the plans of whoever is pulling the strings. It doesn't matter who is controlling the govt, because someone always will; until there is no powerful govt to control, these groups will always be fighting for the power it brings.

mczerone
03-08-2010, 12:29 AM
The drive for control of the Middle East, dominating worldwide banking cartels, controlling the drug trade..

Without govt involvement, they would be left trying to compete in the market like you and I. Spreading democracy to the Middle East was just a way to cartelize the power structure for easy takeover, so that these groups wouldn't have to spend money and effort with a bunch of various groups to get their way.

Pulling out the rug of centralized power makes all these groups disappear, it makes them into just another think tank like you or I would join. Railing about how there are these evil groups trying to take over the world is ludicrous - because there are always people trying to win elections and get kickbacks and power trips.

You're not going to stop the CFR by calling them out as some evil conspiracy. You can only stop them by taking away their toys.