PDA

View Full Version : Fraud?

CUnknown
03-06-2010, 12:12 PM
This forum should probably be renamed something less controversial. "Stop Cap-and-Trade" I have no problem with. But, calling global warming a fraud has a number of issues associated with it.

First of all, there are Ron Paul supporters who believe in global warming, I know I'm not the only one. Some of them visit this website fairly regularly, I'm pretty sure. Calling global warming a fraud rubs these people the wrong way. It also reduces the chances of like-minded people from spending time on this site. They might drop by to look around, they see "Stop Global Warming Fraud" as one of the forums, and conclude that Ron Paul supporters are all crazies and they leave. Some people on this forum might see their leaving as a good thing, but in my opinion, we need all the help we can get to fight for liberty.

Secondly, there is little to no evidence that global warming is in fact a fraud, whether you believe in it or not. Dictionary.com defines fraud as "deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage." Whether or not the climate change computer models are 100% accurate, or whether the sea level will rise by x number of feet or whatever is really true, calling it a fraud is beyond exaggeration, headed towards crazed conspiracy-theory land.

To sum up, there is very little to be gained by keeping the current title of this sub-forum as-is, and a lot to lose. It pushes possible allies away, and damages the reputation of Ron Paul supporters everywhere.

Please consider changing the name of this sub-forum to something more appropriate. The content within can remain the same, but the name of the sub-forum itself I see as an issue.

Thank you for reading.

Nate-ForLiberty
03-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Thank you for your concern, but I disagree.

call it what it is.

NiceGoing
03-06-2010, 12:35 PM
This forum should probably be renamed something less controversial. "Stop Cap-and-Trade" I have no problem with. But, calling global warming a fraud has a number of issues associated with it.

First of all, there are Ron Paul supporters who believe in global warming, I know I'm not the only one. Some of them visit this website fairly regularly, I'm pretty sure. Calling global warming a fraud rubs these people the wrong way. It also reduces the chances of like-minded people from spending time on this site. They might drop by to look around, they see "Stop Global Warming Fraud" as one of the forums, and conclude that Ron Paul supporters are all crazies and they leave. Some people on this forum might see their leaving as a good thing, but in my opinion, we need all the help we can get to fight for liberty.

Secondly, there is little to no evidence that global warming is in fact a fraud, whether you believe in it or not. Dictionary.com defines fraud as "deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage." Whether or not the climate change computer models are 100% accurate, or whether the sea level will rise by x number of feet or whatever is really true, calling it a fraud is beyond exaggeration, headed towards crazed conspiracy-theory land.

To sum up, there is very little to be gained by keeping the current title of this sub-forum as-is, and a lot to lose. It pushes possible allies away, and damages the reputation of Ron Paul supporters everywhere.

Please consider changing the name of this sub-forum to something more appropriate. The content within can remain the same, but the name of the sub-forum itself I see as an issue.

Thank you for reading.

It is more important, much more important, to be truthful than to be non-controversial.

Even the Bible advises this.

Bruno
03-06-2010, 12:36 PM
I would prefer to cal it "Stop Global Warming Climate Change Fraud"

It is more important, much more important, to be truthful than to be non-controversial.

Even the Bible advises this.

Introducing the all new, Non-Controversial, Ron Paul Forums! Nah, doesn't work for me. :)

CUnknown
03-06-2010, 12:50 PM

It may be truthful in that most people on this forum think in this way, but I don't believe it is truthful as in being true. Like I said, it is very difficult to make a convincing argument that global warming is in fact a fraud. Perhaps untrue, perhaps not as true as they say... but, fraud?? That's going pretty far in condemnation with basically no evidence.

Why provoke such controversy when there's not convincing evidence to back it up? Why not stick with an easier claim to prove, one more focused on the holes in global warming theory or the problems with a cap-and-trade system? Calling global warming a fraud is like a brand-new claim that needs to be defended, but isn't.

Let's stick to what we can prove, and be less-controversial at the same time. Seems like that's two birds with one stone.

nayjevin
03-06-2010, 12:53 PM
'Global warming' fraud = politicians acting as thouigh climate legislation is about anything more than power grabbing

it has nothing to do with the science - it has everything to do with an agenda for greater U.N control.

'they' don't care whether global warming is real or not. it is handy politically, because it will help people swallow one world government.

so,

stop politicians from using temperature as a means for global power centralization!

would be fine.

NiceGoing
03-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Well, if the institution that compiled the figures admits they fudged the figures, that is fraud and no two ways about it. I hope you would agree.

Bruno
03-06-2010, 12:56 PM
'Global warming' fraud = politicians acting as thouigh climate legislation is about anything more than power grabbing

it has nothing to do with the science - it has everything to do with an agenda for greater U.N control.

'they' don't care whether global warming is real or not. it is handy politically, because it will help people swallow one world government.

so,

stop politicians from using temperature as a means for global power centralization!

would be fine.

I would also approve of that lengthy but spot-on title. May I suggest adding "and wealth redistribution! to the end :D

CUnknown
03-06-2010, 12:58 PM

would be fine.

I also would be happy with this title, the only problem is that it's very long, heh.