PDA

View Full Version : EDIT: Nashville Newspaper DID Cover Largest RP Rally Ever

Matt Collins
10-08-2007, 09:41 AM
The largest newspaper in Nashville refused to run ANY story follow-up on the awesome Nashville Ron Paul rally. They sent a reporter there with a camera and knew about the event. The event was literally 3 blocks from the paper's office. The event was on Saturday, and there was nothing in the Sunday or Monday editions mentioning it.

THIS IS AN OBVIOUS MEDIA BLACKOUT!!!

This paper is owned by Gannett
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gannett
and affiliated with:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Seigenthaler,_Sr.
who is close friends with Al Gore (Gore lives in Nashville).

Oh - and Friday they put Fred Thompson on the front page.

LET THEM KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!!
****contact info removed - see below****

FSP-Rebel
10-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Let's hit these jerks like we did when they banned Paul from the IA forum thingy.

fj45lvr
10-08-2007, 09:47 AM
they don't care what we think...or what you think...they are probably laughing about it.

If you want a revolution it isn't gonna just be handed to you....it's NOT a "fair and balanced world" and why would anyone actually believe that the majority of the "press" is in anyway balanced.....if that were the case America wouldn't be diehard Israeli supporters. Welcome to what the Palestinians have dealt with for 60 years.

You have to create your own spotlight and take the gloves off.

Ozwest
10-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Controlled aggression is the only way to keep the bastards honest.

LibertyEagle
10-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Let them know you are unhappy about it, but please conduct yourselves like gentlemen. As you're writing your emails, imagine Dr. Paul standing over your shoulders, looking at what you are writing. :)

constituent
10-08-2007, 10:07 AM
best thing would be if the paper's subscribers and frequent
readers who attended the events were the ones writing
the letters... hand writing that is.

a petition of event attendees wouldn't be a bad idea either.

ghemminger
10-08-2007, 10:07 AM
I can't believe this! Get MAD! But think and plan what u do - make sure it is effective!

ghemminger
10-08-2007, 10:08 AM
best thing would be if the paper's subscribers and frequent
readers who attended the events were the ones writing
the letters... hand writing that is.

a petition of event attendees wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Thats a good idea - hit in the wallet - always a good strat. be nice first and escalate@!

speciallyblend
10-08-2007, 10:11 AM
I called in behalf of my parents in TN,they said there was an article in the paper? but i said they read the internet.They said they would fix that ASAP,but they said its in the paper?? I talked to a Ricky Young

tmg19103
10-08-2007, 10:14 AM
emails sent.

LibertyEagle
10-08-2007, 10:15 AM
I called in behalf of my parents in TN,they said there was an article in the paper? but i said they read the internet.They said they would fix that ASAP,but they said its in the paper?? I talked to a Ricky Young

Thanks for doing this, speciallyblend. Until we find out the facts, I hope all nasty emails STOP!

hard@work
10-08-2007, 10:16 AM
when are we going to start protesting outside their offices?

kylejack
10-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Did you guys contact them before the rally? Come on people, we need to take a pro-active approach. They're not psychic.

FrankRep
10-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Did you guys contact them before the rally? Come on people, we need to take a pro-active approach. They're not psychic.

Yeah. For the Cincinnati/KY Gun event, we contacted 4 local news agencies just to make sure they knew. They came out.

Matt Collins
10-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Yes - the paper did a write up BEFORE the rally, but no follow up.

Here is a response I just got back from Mark Silverman the editor msilverman@tennessean.com:
"We ran a substantive advance on the rally before it happened, a story that outlined Paul's campaign and the reasons for its support. We also produced live video coverage of the rally on Tennessean.com Saturday, and the video story remained on the site all day Sunday. Because of a communications error internally, there was no print story on the rally Sunday. But we hardly ignored the visit."

sunny
i just called the paper.
spoke to robert young.
he said there was coverage but not on the online edition.
he said they have done articles about the dr. paul phenomenon
and that they did indeed cover the rally.
they are correcting it now due to an overwhelming protest of
dr. paul supporters

btw the guy was really nice and apologized for the error

scottincr
RickY said that the newspaper ran articles on both Saturday and Sunday about Ron Paul and the Ron Paul event in the printed paper.

He said that the articles were difficult to find on the internet, but that he was having them reindexed to make sure that they were easy to find.

I would like to hear someone who receives a copy of the paper daily to confirm or deny this information. My perception based on my conversation with Ricky is that teh newspaper did cover and print the event and that they are correcting teh issue of the articles not being found on the internet.

speciallyblend
10-08-2007, 10:20 AM

original post says they had a reporter there.

Akus
10-08-2007, 10:21 AM

so you're saying they will publish the story after all?

kylejack
Nashville-area Paul supporters are hoping this sudden bust of attention will fill the seats at the Paul rally in War Memorial Auditorium this afternoon.
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071006/NEWS0206/710060385

So stand down the troops.

Al Pacino said in Glengarry Glen Ross: "Rule number one: you'd know it if you ever spent a day in your life. You never open your mouth until you know the shot!"

speciallyblend
RickY said that the newspaper ran articles on both Saturday and Sunday about Ron Paul and the Ron Paul event in the printed paper.

He said that the articles were difficult to find on the internet, but that he was having them reindexed to make sure that they were easy to find.

I would like to hear someone who receives a copy of the paper daily to confirm or deny this information. My perception based on my conversation with Ricky is that teh newspaper did cover and print the event and that they are correcting teh issue of the articles not being found on the internet.

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TOLD
so people need to stop calling and wait, but they said they covered it,.so whats the word and why post, did someone not open the papers?

constituent
10-08-2007, 10:22 AM
leave rick young alone... you are generating bad press at this point.

i would request a moved thread, or a removal of all contact info....

that's just in good taste.

at this point, our own tendency toward absolute zealotry is
the biggest enemy the campaign faces.

kylejack
10-08-2007, 10:23 AM
They also posted video from the rally: http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071006/VIDEO01/71006007/0/VIDEO01

So that's TWO INSTANCES just with a casual search that I found. Come on. Research this stuff before freaking out.

walt
10-08-2007, 10:24 AM
send out a press release that will freak them out.

kylejack
10-08-2007, 10:25 AM
send out a press release that will freak them out.

Or...don't.

LibertyEagle
10-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Until this is proven, Matt, please take down the contact information.

speciallyblend
10-08-2007, 10:26 AM
REMIND YOU,THAT WE SHOULD HAVE ONE PERSON CALL AND TELL THEM THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO MIGHT CALL AND BE REALLY RUDE TO THEM,TRYING TO MAKE RON PAUL LOOKING BAD,I think the hannity people or troll fans might be doing alot of the bad rp stuff.I just cant picture any Ron Paul supporter actually being nasty unless it was really a hannity/fredhead/anti republican-republican/ purposely trying to make Ron Paul look bad. i know some Ron Paul supporters have passion ,but i doubt they would call names and attack the papers,so I WOULD DEFINETLY HAVE SOMEONE,PERFER A FEMALE TO MAKE A CALL TO RICKY YOUNG ,remember the opponents will use this as an excuse to pose as supporters.

THIS IS THERE ONLY WAY TO ATTACK RON PAUL,so we need to let the right people know of this tactic,even the passionate supporters of RON PAUL,wouldnt make Ron Paul ,look bad

RON PAUL 2008

G-khan
10-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Sent done..........

kylejack
10-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Article with mention of rally: http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071006/NEWS0206/710060385
Video from rally: http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071006/VIDEO01/71006007/0/VIDEO01

THERE IS NO BLACKOUT.

kylejack
10-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Sent done..........

STOP.

G-khan
10-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Shit I was writing and already sent them - damn this pisses me off........

Matt Collins
10-08-2007, 10:30 AM
SEE THIS POST:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=252819&postcount=15

constituent
10-08-2007, 10:30 AM
^step away from the computer.

G-khan
10-08-2007, 10:31 AM
STOP.

I see that after I already hit the send button?

Matt Collins
I have asked for a note to be printed in the corrections section apologizing for the communications error and not covering the rally. Mark Silverman the editor said that was a fair request.

kylejack
SEE THIS POST:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=252819&postcount=15

CHANGE YOUR OP. If they had a mention before, a video after, and a print article, this is NOT A BLACKOUT, not even close.

foofighter20x
Well, if this issue is resolved then, time to move on.