PDA

View Full Version : Have we hit college newspapers yet?

Starks
10-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Just wondering.

kmj.ronpaul
10-08-2007, 09:45 AM
I have checked into a couple of college papers in my area (Cleveland, OH). One doesn't allow any type of political advertising (including in the classifieds) but *is* going to do an article on our campus Ron Paul meetup group! The other paper looks like it will accept political ads; I'm starting to think about a design for the ad I'll place, and begin to collect money for it.

MikeStanart
10-08-2007, 09:53 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/015800.html

Google search shows up 2, I'm sure there's more.

(Wes Kimbell happens to be a good friend of mine)

Tsoman
10-08-2007, 10:06 AM
There have been about 4 Ron Paul articles in my college newspapers. I go to SUNY Binghamton University.

koob
10-08-2007, 10:45 AM
I'm a college student. And from what I know of, the word of Ron Paul has NOT spread to my campus in the slightest. I made some posts on my university's 'college republicans' forum and they seem to think ron paul is a bit loony. But I think they're a bit loony considering one of them thinks george w bush is the best president ever.

Sorry for the little off topic ran there :(

Nefertiti
10-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Write letters to the editor, see if they allow guest opinion pieces. This is free advertising. College papers are short and the place of the letters and opinion pieces is a bigger part of the paper.

specsaregood
10-08-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm a college student. And from what I know of, the word of Ron Paul has NOT spread to my campus in the slightest.

Well get out there and let people know! If it is your campus and word has not spread to it, then you can only blame yourself. Do you need materials?

One our meetup members is going to 3 different college campuses this week to give presentations to the college students on Ron Paul.

Nefertiti
10-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Here's one, and in my opinion it sucks big time. It's whining rather than selling Ron Paul:

http://media.www.chicagoflame.com/media/storage/paper519/news/2007/10/08/Opinions/Political.Bias.Abundant.In.Media.Ignoring.Ron.Paul .Wont.Make.Him.Go.Away-3018466.shtml

axiomata
10-08-2007, 11:33 AM
The Daily Illini is really far left so I haven't seen anything but a RP anti-war quote in the quotes section. The editorials and letters to the editor seem to always be about abortion, homosexuality, political correctness etc. ie. left v right arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of time already. This was the paper that "fired" an editor for printing the Mohamed cartoons. This is the paper that just last week had a derisive front page article about a new conservative/libertarian fund on campus called the Academy on Capitalism and Limited Government and right next to it they printed a large photo celebrating the anniversary of Che.

nakedrunner96
10-08-2007, 12:08 PM
The iowa tribune ad took up the whole back page of the first edition of "the Tiger" (Clemson University). The surprising thing is that I had nothing to do with it.

Also, in the papers poll he was polling 49 percent or so. Our campus is regularly sidewalk chalked with slogans. He has a great deal of support on campus in upstate South Carolina.

Every public bulletin board has a Ron Paul flier on it.

akovacs
10-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Purdue's newspaper (The Exponent) printed an article with a short summary of all the "top-tier" candidates, of course not including Paul. Our meetup and facebook groups have sent them large numbers of letters. The lead time hasn't past so they have not been printed yet, though we did get a response from the editor saying something to the effect of "He isn't a major candidate". We will see if they print the letters.

Coincidentally, they have a poll on their frontpage about which candidate will win the republican nomination right here (http://purdueexponent.org/). So just head on over there real quick and vote (It's on the left side) for "Other". We're hoping a large enough showing for it will make them look into the issue further.