PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: The war in Iraq "do unto others" Very powerful vid

Dave Wood
10-08-2007, 09:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzIPSGhooP4

There is such a large amount of video out there these days it becomes difficult to sift through the great and the mediocre. This piece says it all. I think you will like it.

eloquensanity
10-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Yes Great message

Corydoras
10-08-2007, 10:35 AM
This really was powerful. I liked it a lot and hope a lot of people see it.

foofighter20x
10-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Haha... The Do Unto Others quote made me think of this for some reason:

http://birdhouse.org/blog/images/jesusbush.jpg

NewEnd
10-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Good video,

funny poster

mwkaufman
10-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Video is kind of slow paced, I can't really watch the Iraqi footage very much. Unfortunately, it misses out on a lot of Ron Paul's message, notably anything domestic. It spreads that he's anti-Iraq war, but just watching this video you wouldn't know anything else about his ideology.

Still a pretty good watch, but not what I would want to be someone's first Ron Paul video.

Jean
10-08-2007, 03:30 PM
I sent this video to my sister. She is a strong supporter of the war! The video pointed out what she tells me is untrue! If muslims hate christians so much why are those people still living in Iraq? Why are they not dead? Who are those Iraq's afraid of? It looked to me like they are afraid of us Americans. Are we really improving their way of life? I could go on and on. I look forward to her reply!

Corydoras
10-08-2007, 04:02 PM
If muslims hate christians so much why are those people still living in Iraq? Why are they not dead?

Yikes. Christians have lived in predominantly Muslim areas of the Middle East for as long as there have been Muslims! They were there first!

The saying among some Christians was that it was better to live subjugated to the Muslims than under the [Western] Crusaders. You see, it's not the first time that Westerners have invaded the Muslim world in the guise of taking back the Holy Land for Christ, and then caused a huge amount of suffering to the Christians already living there.

Pete
10-08-2007, 05:09 PM
My father was all over the ME during WWII: Iraq, Iran, Egypt, Palestine, and other countries. He would travel around by himself and felt absolutely safe, even being invited to eat and sleep at the homes of ordinary people.

He has said that Western meddling is mostly to blame for the chaos that reigns there now. Anecdotal, I know, but still meaningful for me.