PDA

View Full Version : Why is Ron Paul unelectable?

brandon
10-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Well I dont think he is. But EVERYONE keeps saying he is unelectable, or he wont win (like it is a matter of fact, like they know the election is rigged or something)

Why do people say this stuff? Have they truly been that brainwashed? Or are they admitting that the voting system is rigged? Or do they think they have psychic powers to predict the future?

davidkachel
10-08-2007, 09:17 AM
The voting system is rigged. But we are all trying to create a tidal wave the ruling class cannot ignore or cover up.

Taco John
10-08-2007, 09:18 AM
They said Ronald Reagan was unelectable (http://www.idiggronpaul.com/~idiggron/story.php?title=Ronald_REagan_was_described_as_Une lectable-).

DaronWestbrooke
10-08-2007, 09:18 AM
The point is really to make our voice heard. If we win, we've won, great, that is more steps forward against the neocons, but even if we don't win, we need to make a loud enough voice to tell the neocons that the future isn't there's. Of course the elections are rigged. But, people will doubt it more if they see a huge movement of us and wonder where our votes went? We may even be able to split up the right wingnuts vote enough to keep them out. At least hillary would pander to us if we have the power to do that. The neocons would only pander to the military industrial complex.

Thor
10-08-2007, 09:19 AM
They basically are saying that they know our elections are bought and sold and Dr Paul is not in the market for that, so that the voice of true American's does not matter and therefore he us un"electable" in what they consider an "election".

We have to keep fighting hard to prove that the voice of real Americans DOES matter, and that this election will NOT be bought and sold.

kylejack
10-08-2007, 09:20 AM
* Not a CFR member
* Does not favor entangling alliances
* Does not cater to special interests

American
10-08-2007, 09:20 AM
I dont know why or how people can still believe that BS, the polls have him at a much lower percentage, yet he still wins straw polls, they say he isnt electable but he keepa gaining momentum,

People need to stop getting there opinion from the MSM, they havent been right in a very long time about alot of things.

ACJohn
10-08-2007, 09:24 AM
I was going to start a thread along these lines, but with a positive spin:

Yes We can win and Have fun

I few thoughts I have on why we can win:

Primary turnout is usually low; RP supporters are in my opinion the most likely voters out there, even if they are not being polled, so RP against a large very similar field can win. I honestly believe the pollsters are in for a shock come election day. This election will change how polls and campaigns are run in the future. You are a part of history.

Start making plans to get the vote out. Make it an event, when you go to vote make sure your car is filled with friends or family. Plan to have an Election Party to watch the results, vote then dinner…

Thanks
John

kylejack
Keep in mind that straw polls are pretty bunk and not too indicative of much, with the exception of Ames.

Zydeco
If he really was unelectable, TPTB wouldn't feel the need to keep saying it.

davidkachel
10-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Ron Paul has said it himself. This is a revolution. He just happens to be the current focal point. If you think just getting RP elected will get your country back you are fooling yourself. The entire congress is against restoring the Constitution. The Supreme Court is severely against it. The military industrial complex is against it. The Republicans and Democrats are against it. The gigantic federal bureaucracy is against it. And the majority of the American people are against it.
If you want your country back you have to commit to the long haul whether RP gets elected or not. The people in power have already demonstrated they are willing to kill or imprison you to keep you from being free. If the only thing you are willing to do in response is play a rigged political game, you haven't got a prayer.
Yes there is a chance we can wake up America and take back our freedom with the ballot box. But if that is as far as you are willing to go, you have already lost.

kylejack
10-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Yeah, good point. These guys might actually try to impeach Ron Paul.

American
10-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Keep in mind that straw polls are pretty bunk and not too indicative of much, with the exception of Ames.

and the phone polls are much better?

No one knows shit until the election, its all guess work. But the straw polls are something different since they are boots on the ground voting, I dont think the overall election will reflect the straw polls but showing up to vote for RP does mean something. I know what your talking about....dood

brandon
10-08-2007, 09:36 AM
If you want your country back you have to commit to the long haul whether RP gets elected or not. The people in power have already demonstrated they are willing to kill or imprison you to keep you from being free. If the only thing you are willing to do in response is play a rigged political game, you haven't got a prayer.
Yes there is a chance we can wake up America and take back our freedom with the ballot box. But if that is as far as you are willing to go, you have already lost.

Not sure who you were talking to. I hope it wasn't me because you certainly dont know me, how far I have gone, and how far I will go.

davidkachel
10-08-2007, 09:39 AM
Not sure who you were talking to. I hope it wasn't me because you certainly dont know me, how far I have gone, and how far I will go.

No, I was talking to the collective "you", not you specifically.

voortrekker
10-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Ron Paul has said it himself. This is a revolution. He just happens to be the current focal point. If you think just getting RP elected will get your country back you are fooling yourself. The entire congress is against restoring the Constitution. The Supreme Court is severely against it. The military industrial complex is against it. The Republicans and Democrats are against it. The gigantic federal bureaucracy is against it. And the majority of the American people are against it.

David, I agree.

I hope and pray(<--literally) that he will win, BUT if he does not WE need to stay unified and organized.

If he doesn't win, I really hope a forum will be created that will attract people like this board does to continue Ron Paul's message, to continue this BEAUTIFUL Revolution towards restoring our Republic.

kylejack
10-08-2007, 09:42 AM
and the phone polls are much better?
Yes, they're highly accurate with regard to election results.

klamath
10-08-2007, 09:43 AM
When was the last time you saw a candidate have such a following across all party lines. I haven't ever. Remember the scientific polls are based on math formulas to take so many sample from different strong party precincts from previous elections. They are counting on the standard party members turning out to vote. What they aren't counting on is an entirely different cross section of the electerate turning out.

perpetualstateofwar
Just point out the major flaw of the other candidates. How will Giuliani or any of the other "first tier" candidates win without support from Christian conservatives? How can they win when they are for a war 70% of the American people are against? These are serious problems for them that cannot easily be overcome. The best hope for Republicans is to unite behind Ron Paul.

DaronWestbrooke
We have to realize, Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, Mike Gravel, they are all establishment candidates who are put out there to appease *us* and make us think we are represented. The difference with Paul is that it backfired and we are creating a revolution around him. It isn't really about Paul, who has been DC establishment for longer than most of the others, it is about the revolution. Paul is just our tool.

tmg19103
10-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Judge Andrew Napolitano has a new book coming out in a few weeks titled A Nation of Sheep.

I think the title is apt. Ron Paul is VERY electable for those who take the time to understand his positions ans to understand the overall political climate/problems.

Unfortunately, RP is not a household name, and many, if not most, Americans will vote based on the way a candidate looks, what they have heard in a few short soundbites from the MSM, and from the few short soundbites the candidate himself spews out on the news or in a debate.

The concern with RP is that no matter how many people we reach - not enough will listen, BUT the great thing is that RP is on the cusp of being top-tier. The only way I see RP getting elected at this point is if the groundswell of educated supporters can keep growing at a strong rate, and if RP can get across short points that resonate with the general public through debates and MSM advertising. I also think this is key - RP has a message the the people of New Hampshire lean towards - BUT they have to hear the message and get comfortable with RP. Note who did the best in the Iowa staw poll - those candidates who spent the most time there. RP needs to LIVE in NH over the upcoming months making himself and his message a household name. Winning NH is what RP needs to have a chance to get the nomination.

Unfortunately, like your high school class elections, the presidential candidate who is the most "popular" (i.e. has the most money and presents the most "presidential" image through endless TV ads) is the one who gets elected. That is why RP camping out in NH is key, IMHO. However, he won't win on a traditional presidential image, but rather on an image of honesty and humility put together with his strong and unique message/platform (which needs to be simplified to short, strong soundbite messages).

Still, I have hope for America. This fight is more than worth fighting as I believe it is our last chance to restore honesty, integrity and the rule of law to the White House. You never do know what the public will do until the first votes are cast in the early primary states. Ron Paul could shock the world if the stars are aligned and the perfect storm occurs, and we can all help that happen with our efforts.

Let's triple our efforts - both in the grassroots, and with donating (which is going a little slow). Our future and the future of our children depends on it - and I know that sounds corny, but I believe it in my soul.

American
10-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Yes, they're highly accurate with regard to election results.

You're officially a TOOL.

You are not taking into account, new voters or even a candidate that has managed to inspire thousands of people.

Why are you here, I mean obviously if the polls are that accurate you surely are wasting your time.

I know Im wasting my time talking to you.

brandon
10-08-2007, 09:45 AM
No, I was talking to the collective "you", not you specifically.

OK, I do agree with much of what you said. I think it is important that we have PLAN B ready, in case RP doesnt recieve the nomination.

I also think we should draw up an outline based on when we consider a violent revolution to be the best course of action. Of course right now it isn't, but if this country keeps moving in the direction it is in, an armed revolution is inevitable, and we should all agree on when that time is right.

Kregener
10-08-2007, 09:46 AM

Listen up folks.

Read these words by David over and over until it really sinks in.

The only thing I would say is not exactly accurate is that the majority of Americans are not against restoring the Constitution as the law of the land, but are merely ignorant of same, due to generational dumbing-down by the Dewey Indoctrination Centers we call "schools".

The majority have an inherent desire to be free, even if it is stifled by propaganda and lack of knowledge.

Brad Zink
10-08-2007, 09:49 AM
If a Republican asks you if Ron Paul can win, just show them this poll between Dr. Paul and Hillary Clinton:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/8/6/205111/3638

kylejack
10-08-2007, 09:49 AM
You're officially a TOOL.
You're the one who seems to believe that straw polls where Ron pulls 80% have any sort of meaning. I assure you, that's not going to happen in the election.

You are not taking into account, new voters or even a candidate that has managed to inspire thousands of people.
Of course I am, and that's what I'm hoping for, but to pretend that polls are meaningless is suicide. Ask a random person on the street about Ron Paul and look at their blank stare. That's the hurdle we need to get over.

Why are you here, I mean obviously if the polls are that accurate you surely are wasting your time.

I know Im wasting my time talking to you.
Don't worry, straw polls are at 80%, so there's no need for us to do any more work. Sheep.

davidkachel
10-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Hitler wasn't defeated with a forum!
If you want to win, you have to inflict grave damage on the enemy.
Considering how corrupt our representatives are, it doesn't seem like it would be all that difficult to start a methodical effort to discredit and disgrace every one of them who refuses to begin obeying the Constitution. If they know there is an organized group that is out to get them, some of them might just start actually doing their jobs!
Surely one senator/congressman a month could be caught with his pants down. I believe last month is already covered, so all we need is one for this month. Any congressional aides/pages wish to strike a blow for liberty? C'mon, rat out a rotten Congressman in the name of freedom.

dude58677
10-08-2007, 09:54 AM
The people that say that are bigmouths that don't like him.

I don't doubt him because of the HUUUGE upset he pulled off in the 1996 Congressional campaign against Greg McGlaughlin. Ron Paul had everything going against him as he was a challenger to a high priced incumbent(incumbents win 90 percent of elections against challengers not in their party) in his own party, Texas was redistricted, and McGlaughlin had endorsements from GWB and Newt Gingrinch. What we are seeing is typical Ron Paul campaigning at the Presidential level.

brandon
10-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Hitler wasn't defeated with a forum!
If you want to win, you have to inflict grave damage on the enemy.
Considering how corrupt our representatives are, it doesn't seem like it would be all that difficult to start a methodical effort to discredit and disgrace every one of them who refuses to begin obeying the Constitution. If they know there is an organized group that is out the get them, some of them might just start actually doing their jobs!
Surely one senator/congressman a month could be caught with his pants down. I believe last month is already covered, so all we need is one for this month. Any congressional aides/pages wish to strike a blow for liberty? C'mon, rat out a rotten Congressman in the name of freedom.

err im so sick of these stories about elected officials sexuality. I could care less if the president of the united states was having threesomes with 18 year old boys behind a gas station every week, as long as he is protecting my constitutional rights and not declaring needless wars.

dude58677
10-08-2007, 09:56 AM
You're the one who seems to believe that straw polls where Ron pulls 80% have any sort of meaning. I assure you, that's not going to happen in the election.

Of course I am, and that's what I'm hoping for, but to pretend that polls are meaningless is suicide. Ask a random person on the street about Ron Paul and look at their blank stare. That's the hurdle we need to get over.

Don't worry, straw polls are at 80%, so there's no need for us to do any more work. Sheep.

The 5 million dollars shows collaboration to the debate polls, straw polls, bookies, etc.

Thurston Howell III
10-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Un-electable? Paul is the only one who can defeat Hillary. A vote for any other republican is a WASTED VOTE! (I've waited years to use that. LOL) I think that makes him very electable.

Original_Intent
10-08-2007, 10:00 AM
If anyone says he has no chance, ask them what odds they would give Ron Paul. If they give him 1 in 10 or better odds point out to them that is a lot more than "no chance". If they give him worse odds than that tell them you would like to put 100 bucks on Paul.

davidkachel
10-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Listen up folks.

Read these words by David over and over until it really sinks in.

The only thing I would say is not exactly accurate is that the majority of Americans are not against restoring the Constitution as the law of the land, but are merely ignorant of same, due to generational dumbing-down by the Dewey Indoctrination Centers we call "schools".

The majority have an inherent desire to be free, even if it is stifled by propaganda and lack of knowledge.

You are not demonstrating that the American people are in favor of restoring the Constitution; you are only explaining WHY they are against restoring it... they don't understand it.

Your last sentence is a grievous and fatal error. The majority of people do not have an inherent desire to be free. This is why achieving and maintaining freedom has been nearly impossible throughout history. The reason we are having the problems we are having today is that the vast majority of people cannot give away/vote away their freedom fast enough. Unfortuntately, when your neighbor votes away his freedom, he also votes away yours. The French VOTED their freedom away only 12 years after they got it. Most people want to be taken care of by a benevolent (?) government that promises to protect them.

This leads us to the reason the founders created a democratic REPUBLIC and NOT a democracy. They knew that in a democracy the people would vote away their liberty almost immediately.

"Faced with the pain of freedom, man begs for his shackles." – Gerry Spence

hard@work
10-08-2007, 10:09 AM
The media is saying it so people repeat it.

Kregener
10-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Well, we learned Brandon Yates will tolerate plenty as long as he gets what he wants.

:rolleyes:

David,

You are ignoring the FACT that every oppressive regime in history has been overthrown by the people it oppressed.

Or war, whichever came first.

RevolutionSD
10-08-2007, 10:10 AM

Ames is the most bunk of them all, with politicians literally paying voters to come and vote for them.

Overall straw polls are much more indicative then phone polls. We've gone over this ad nauseum but phone polls are completely inaccurate as they ONLY count people who voted in the 04 REPUBLICAN primaries, which eliminates about 77% of Ron Paul's supporters.

DrNoZone
10-08-2007, 10:13 AM

Well said. This isn't the end, it's only the beginning, no matter what happens this election. I've been involved in this revolution for over 10 years now and I am SO thrilled to see so many others just waking up and coming along for the ride. The future is ours, if we can keep it!

kylejack
10-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Overall straw polls are much more indicative then phone polls.
Citation.

We've gone over this ad nauseum but phone polls are completely inaccurate as they ONLY count people who voted in the 04 REPUBLICAN primaries, which eliminates about 77% of Ron Paul's supporters.
Generally false. Gallup, for example, polls likely Republican primary voters, not just people who voted in the last one.

davidkachel
10-08-2007, 10:19 AM
OK, I do agree with much of what you said. I think it is important that we have PLAN B ready, in case RP doesnt recieve the nomination.

I also think we should draw up an outline based on when we consider a violent revolution to be the best course of action. Of course right now it isn't, but if this country keeps moving in the direction it is in, an armed revolution is inevitable, and we should all agree on when that time is right.

What you are saying above is talking about the violent overthrow of the government, which in our NewThink/NewSpeak world could get you into big trouble.
Though it might one day come to that, it is not a good idea to discuss it openly as you might find yourself in irons. They do that now for what you say and think, you know. It is now "legal". The concept of "thought police" is no longer fictional.
What I am talking about is a concerted effort to use the government against itself. To bring these bastards down with their own rules and phoney morals.
If you shoot ten Congressman (hold on, I got all excited there for a minute), you simply provide propaganda that will be used to tighten the strangle hold even further. Not to mention you probably get yourself shot in the bargain. But you can do far greater damage by catching just one Congressman with his penis in the wrong orifice. Do this often enough and the whole system comes apart.
In addition, you throw as many monkey wrenches into the works of government as humanly possible.
Given my preferences, I am personally inclined to shoot most of them and drag the rest to the gallows. These are the fates they deserve. But it is more rational and reasonable to try to use their own weight against them and bring them down in disgrace.

JaylieWoW
10-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Well I dont think he is. But EVERYONE keeps saying he is unelectable, or he wont win (like it is a matter of fact, like they know the election is rigged or something)

Why do people say this stuff? Have they truly been that brainwashed? Or are they admitting that the voting system is rigged? Or do they think they have psychic powers to predict the future?

I am currently working on an opinion piece/article entitled, "What's so hard to understand [about Ron Paul]?" (I'm also tossing around "Why is liberty so hard to understand?") I hope to finish it up in the next few days. I plan on submitting it to as many media outlets as possible and also our friendly media outlets like LewRockwell. I'm not any sort of "talented" writer (though I'd like to learn to be), but I've had many ideas mulling around in my head that I'd like to point out to those who think Ron Paul's (and our) ideas of liberty aren't as radical as most people assume. In this article I'm covering specifically, foreign policy, various depts of the federal government (education, homeland security, IRS, etc.) as well as some religious subject matter as well (more from a logical rather than sermon-like position).

I'll be posting the article here first to get a critique.

davidkachel
10-08-2007, 10:30 AM
err im so sick of these stories about elected officials sexuality. I could care less if the president of the united states was having threesomes with 18 year old boys behind a gas station every week, as long as he is protecting my constitutional rights and not declaring needless wars.

Well I've been misunderstood before, but never quite that COMPLETELY.
You missed the point entirely. YES, the sexuality of public officials should be no one's business but their own. BUT, if we want to bring down a corrupt system that is robbing us of our liberty, then USE this against them. Since the politicians and the public are willing to stick their noses into things that are none of their business, take advantage of it to bring down the politicians!

davidkachel
10-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Well said. This isn't the end, it's only the beginning, no matter what happens this election. I've been involved in this revolution for over 10 years now and I am SO thrilled to see so many others just waking up and coming along for the ride. The future is ours, if we can keep it!

Well I wish you'd tell me WHERE you've been involved because every time I have tried to get involved in the past I have found nothing but a big empty.
I'm not into living in the woods with hate groups. And the Libetarians, though right, couldn't be less effective without turning into crustaceans.
If you are a member of a group that is actually trying to damage the government rather than just get together for lunch to talk about getting someone elected to the school board, I am all ears!

davidkachel
10-08-2007, 11:14 AM
David,

You are ignoring the FACT that every oppressive regime in history has been overthrown by the people it oppressed.

I think you'll find that in most cases the regimes collapsed from their own weight, rather than being overthrown. And in those cases where the people did overthrow an oppressive regime, an extremely small percentage of the people overthrew an already faltering regime, only to have their newly found liberty voted away by their countrymen in just a few years.

Our liberty probably lasted the longest, but it is gone now. The only reason it lasted as long as it did was a strong Constitution; but quite obviously, not quite strong enough.

Not one man in ten actually understands AND WANTS liberty. The rest think freedom means the ability to shop at WalMart and vacation in the Bahamas.

Pauliana
10-08-2007, 11:19 AM
I've heard reasons why everyone running is unelectable in their own way.

stevedasbach
10-08-2007, 11:25 AM

The last member of Congress to be elected was Senator John Kennedy in 1960. You have to go WAY back to find a member of the House of Representatives winning. Most don't have a national constituency, name recognition, or a way to raise the funds required to win. They also have voting records that can be attacted. That's why pundits immediately label ALL members of the House as unelectable, along with unknown Senators.

We just have to prove then wrong.

DrNoZone
10-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Well I wish you'd tell me WHERE you've been involved because every time I have tried to get involved in the past I have found nothing but a big empty.
I'm not into living in the woods with hate groups. And the Libetarians, though right, couldn't be less effective without turning into crustaceans.
If you are a member of a group that is actually trying to damage the government rather than just get together for lunch to talk about getting someone elected to the school board, I am all ears!

Well, I've been involved on a personal level learning all I can. I came from a Libertarian outlook and supported the Harry Browne campaign. I have also supported many local Libertarians. I have since gone from there to anarcho-capitalism and voluntaryism. It's a long journey and I'm still learning.

I was a member of the Free State Project (http://www.freestateproject.org/) before we voted on the Free State. I opted out if my chosen state didn't win (WY) and lost touch with that movement for a bit. I have recently rejoined as a member (along with my wife) of the Free State Project as I now see the wisdom in having chosen New Hampshire. We hope to move as soon as our life permits, but well before the 20k sign up.

I have also been a member of Freedom Force International (http://www.freedom-force.org/).

These are just a few of the things I've done. If you're looking to get involved in something with a REAL prospect for changing things in this country, I highly recommend checking out the FSP.

dude58677
10-08-2007, 11:27 AM
The last member of Congress to be elected was Senator John Kennedy in 1960. You have to go WAY back to find a member of the House of Representatives winning. Most don't have a national constituency, name recognition, or a way to raise the funds required to win. They also have voting records that can be attacted. That's why pundits immediately label ALL members of the House as unelectable, along with unknown Senators.

We just have to prove then wrong.

"or a way to raise the funds required to win"

That has already been proven wrong.:)

smtwngrl
10-08-2007, 01:53 PM

Ron Paul is totally electable!

The powers that be have to keep repeating this mantra to try to keep people from supporting him or thinking he has a chance. They would even like for us to be discouraged. They would tell us that the only ones who "have a chance" are the "anointed" ones.

A lot of people are believing what they are being told to believe. So we have to educate them otherwise. Remember, we know more about Ron Paul's campaign than anyone else. We know about all the resources online. We know more about how many people go to every single rally. We know about all of the grassroot efforts. Most people are only getting a little piece of the picture here and there. They don't know how powerful this movement is.

I'm not saying Ron Paul *will* win, because I don't know the future. But he does have a chance. Not only that, but certain factors are working together to increase his chances of getting the nomination, and the presidency.

Here are the reasons he has a chance:

1. There is no one else right now that has what we need. For anyone who wants our country back, or is unhappy with the status quo, he is the only choice.

2. The internet exists. It gives us the access to a lot of info we wouldn't have with just the MSM and power to spread that info. Things like youtube let us share things being said in the election by Ron Paul and others, even though people didn't hear those things when they were originally said.

3. We live in critical times. As bad as having the current administration has been for our country, it increases the potential for RP's message to have an impact. When the frog is on the verge of being boiled, there is also more potential for it to wake up. In more tranquil times, Ron Paul's message about foreign policy, sound money, etc., might not resonate as powerfully.

4. Ron Paul is the man. He has been tested for his years in Congress, and has shown that he can maintain his integrity, and to stand for the constitution, even when he has to stand alone. He is incorruptible. He doesn't have any skeletons in his closet. The powers that be have tried to use endorsements and big money to defeat him in his congressional district, and they have failed. He also has the knowledge of history and economics to implement the things he wants to do.

5. Money--It is true that money makes a difference in elections, and normally this would make it very difficult for Ron Paul to have a chance. And it's not a cakewalk now, either. But it is possible.

Look at how events are unfolding. 1. Ron Paul is the only "2nd tier" candidate who can compete, moneywise. Now let's look at the first tier candidates. They started with way more money. But with each quarter their contributions get less, and their cash on hand gets less. Ron Paul's contributions increase, and his cash on hand increases. Project that forward to the end of this quarter, and Ron Paul is very likely to be able to compete, moneywise.

Not only that, but the way they spend money, compared to Ron Paul, could even be used as a political point against them.

6. Time is on our side. The more people get to know about him, the more support he gains. Time just doesn't seem long enough between now and the primaries. We just need to continue to do what we can to inform others, and to hope (and pray, for those who do) for a miracle, or several. His fundraising this time was a boost. Each debate is a boost. If things start going down, financially, that might make a lot of people think twice about what Dr. Paul is saying.

So whoever says Ron Paul is unelectable is dead wrong.

atilla
10-08-2007, 02:41 PM
because generally, the american people are idiots (below 20 IQ) or assholes.:)

FreedomLover
10-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Ames is the most bunk of them all, with politicians literally paying voters to come and vote for them.

Overall straw polls are much more indicative then phone polls. We've gone over this ad nauseum but phone polls are completely inaccurate as they ONLY count people who voted in the 04 REPUBLICAN primaries, which eliminates about 77% of Ron Paul's supporters.

I'm not sure where you got that number, but phone polls are a lot more accurate than straw polls. That doesn't make them perfect, but they are still for the most part very accurate.

And I'm talking about ALL straw polls, Ames included. We can not judge our numbers by straw polls, just our motivation.

Ralph Nadar had crowds of thousands hearing him speak. But the problem was, most of the people who went to hear him speak were the maximum amount of people who ended up voting for him in that state. While the other candidates got maybe a couple hundred during their rallys, they had a vast base of tv watchers and workers who make little noise except on election day, the one day they would make their voice heard.

Like he said, the ron paul base is deep, but small compared to the guilianis and thompsons and clintons who's base is much wider, but much more shallow.

I admit the phone polls do leave out some segments that would be strong with RP, but to think straw polls and internet polls are better is silly.

Paulitician
10-08-2007, 03:00 PM
I don't know. Some people will say that Ron Paul is absolutely unelectable but will turn around and say that Huckabee is electable. They are obviously not looking at it objectively with an independent mind. It's merely an emotional/superficial thing that media has instilled in them, I believe. I suppose they're just admitting that anyone who doesn't lie to them, who doesn't pander to different crowds, who isn't bought and paid for by big corporations and special interest groups, who has the right policies etc. etc. will not get their vote. Their loss...

kylejack
10-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Think of Giuliani as a glass tiger. Very strong with a formidable amount of support, but if we can throw our stones just right, we shatter the illusion and collect the supporters. We have to kill his Mr. 9/11 image.

itsnobody
10-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Yeah thats what Huckabee and Tucker said

dude58677
10-08-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm not sure where you got that number, but phone polls are a lot more accurate than straw polls. That doesn't make them perfect, but they are still for the most part very accurate.

And I'm talking about ALL straw polls, Ames included. We can not judge our numbers by straw polls, just our motivation.

Ralph Nadar had crowds of thousands hearing him speak. But the problem was, most of the people who went to hear him speak were the maximum amount of people who ended up voting for him in that state. While the other candidates got maybe a couple hundred during their rallys, they had a vast base of tv watchers and workers who make little noise except on election day, the one day they would make their voice heard.

Like he said, the ron paul base is deep, but small compared to the guilianis and thompsons and clintons who's base is much wider, but much more shallow.

I admit the phone polls do leave out some segments that would be strong with RP, but to think straw polls and internet polls are better is silly.

The 5 million dollars raised and the bookies prove the phone polls wrong. The telephone polls have no collaboration and instead everything to prove them wrong.

Paulitician
10-08-2007, 03:08 PM

Yes, thank you for pointing this out. I think that's the point of these straw polls to show that RP does have a following and to get his name out there so hopefully he does get a boost in the "national" & "scientific" polls. Because, even though it's not the only factor, it is a big factor of being taken seriously, being talked about, bringing in more money and will ensure that a lot more of the "shallow" voters will come to the Ron Paul camp, where as that would be much harder with lower polling.