PDA

View Full Version : Two Rabid Neo Cons (Frum and Horowitz) Attack Ron Paul Today

nbruno322
03-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Two pathetic articles demeaning Paul and Rothbard published today on Frum Forum and David Horowtiz's blog.

ht tp://www.newsrealblog.com/2010/03/0 5/lets-stop-taking-ron-paul-seriously/

htt p://www.frumforum.com/ron-pauls-attack-on-mi lton-friedman

The Patriot
03-05-2010, 12:22 PM
That retard Hamel doesn't even realize that Hayek was an Austrian economist like Rothbard. Hayek did not support a Central Bank like Friedman did. If this guy is going to be criticizing economic giants like Rothbard and Von Mises as nuts.

BamaFanNKy
03-05-2010, 12:24 PM
This thread title can be posted on most days.

The Patriot
03-05-2010, 12:33 PM
How come Horowitz hasn't moved to Israel yet? Imperialists like Horowitz would have been tarred and feathered back in 1776, he would have been a Tory and Pro Empire. I could care less what this son of a communist and trotskyite has to say. He is certainly no authority on who is American and un-American. Interventionism is un-American and runs contrary to George Washington and the founders' policy of American Neutrality.

Epic
03-05-2010, 12:57 PM
"The Paulite Attack on Milton Friedman"

Doesn't RP have a picture of Friedman in his office? I mean, WTF?

Here is RP on Milton's death: http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul352.html

Milton Friedman was a strong advocate of economic liberty who opposed government intervention in both the purely economic and broader social spheres of our society. He believed not only in laissez-faire capitalism, but also the larger cause of individual liberty in the political sense.

I was proud to know Dr. Friedman for many decades, and considered him a friend.

The hit piece: " But the Ron Paul Austrians are much more influenced by the conspiracy-minded Murray Rothbard than the sophisticated Friedrich Hayek. "

Perhaps... but Hayek won his Nobel for explaining how the Federal Reserve creates business cycles.

RM918
03-05-2010, 01:02 PM
"The Paulite Attack on Milton Friedman"

Doesn't RP have a picture of Friedman in his office? I mean, WTF?

Here is RP on Milton's death: http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul352.html

Yeah, one guy I used to talk to said he'd never trust anything Ron Paul says because he apparently 'idolizes' Milton Friedman and sees Friedman as some sort of economic Hitler and complete loon.

Canadian nationalists, for you.

Slutter McGee
03-05-2010, 01:16 PM
There are no doubt differences between Friedman and Rothbard. But both were strong advocates of the Freemarket. I am sure there is not a person here that would not prefere the Chicago school ideas implemented over the ridiculous Keynsian policies we have now.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

lester1/2jr
03-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Milton Friedman is a statist, and if you disagree, so are you.

yeah. I'm sure friemdan would agree he was a statist. I have a sinking feeling this whole article is going to be a layman trying to make hay of the differences between chiacago and austrian school

a book that convinced economists that the Federal Reserve — not the market — caused the Great Depression.

right. which is exactly what end the fed argues. wtf?

This makes Rothbard an opponent of Friedman

not really. they both favor free markets. that's a non point. this guy was a presidential speechwriter?

Simple: eliminate all government programs. Education reform? Eliminate all government. Energy? Eliminate all government. Monetary policy? End the Fed! (Eliminate all government.)

lol ideally yes! but obviously austrians aren't totally unhappy with efforts to make it smaller that stop short at total anarchy. they just have more faith in the market than chicago school

No economist considers Rothbard’s ideas more authoritative than Friedman’s.

lol if you say so 40 year canadian guy who has never written about econmics ever

nbruno322
03-05-2010, 02:42 PM
How come Horowitz hasn't moved to Israel yet? Imperialists like Horowitz would have been tarred and feathered back in 1776, he would have been a Tory and Pro Empire. I could care less what this son of a communist and trotskyite has to say. He is certainly no authority on who is American and un-American. Interventionism is un-American and runs contrary to George Washington and the founders' policy of American Neutrality.

George Washington's Farewell address:

“A passionate attachment of one Nation for another produces a variety of evils. Sympathy for the favorite Nation, facilitating the illusion of an imaginary common interest, in cases where no real common interest exists,and infusing into one the enmities of the other, betrays the former into a participation in the quarrels and wars of the latter, without adequate inducement or justification."

lester1/2jr
03-05-2010, 02:58 PM
if you can find it, he's probably tracked down and erased all evidence of it, check out Horowitz's column "everything the left said about the war was wrong" from right after the US took Baghdad. It's really a masterpiece of short sightedness and counting ones chickens before they hatch

Imperial
03-05-2010, 03:34 PM
I actually liked the Frum article. The title is way too hyperbolic though.

I think there is a tendency to put way too much faith in Rothbard at the expense of other economic ideas. Particularly, much of Hayek and Rothbard's work conflicts with each other if you read The Constitution of Liberty versus Man, Economy, and State.

Anti Federalist
03-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Two Rabid Neo Cons (Frum and Horowitz) Attack Ron Paul Today Everyday

Fixed your thread title...:D

Cowlesy
03-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Please do not link their drivel here, and if you just cannot help yourself, please break the links.

Don't feed those anti-American trolls.

catdd
03-05-2010, 06:58 PM
They hate him because of his noninterventionist views. It's a threat to Zionism.