PDA

View Full Version : Question for those in NH

MsDoodahs
10-08-2007, 07:54 AM
Are any of your local television stations doing anything to alert residents re: moving the primary up means you have to make changes to registration earlier?

If not, can we push the local television and radio stations to begin announcing that?

How do we do it?

MsDoodahs
10-08-2007, 07:58 AM
http://www.usnpl.com/radio/nhradio.php

List of NH radio stations

MsDoodahs
10-08-2007, 07:59 AM
http://www.usnpl.com/tv/nhtv.php

NH television stations

skiingff
10-08-2007, 08:01 AM
It's too late for radio and TV spots by Friday. The best we can do is newspaper ads on Wed. Media buys (TV/radio) take a LONG time to produce and then sign all the contracts & paperwork to air the ad

MsDoodahs
10-08-2007, 08:06 AM
I am not talking about buying spots.

I am speaking of a push to get this ON THE NEWS.

Their local newspeople have a responsibility to alert the citizens of the change.

We can push them to get it out there on their news programs.

skiingff
10-08-2007, 08:10 AM
I am not talking about buying spots.

I am speaking of a push to get this ON THE NEWS.

Their local newspeople have a responsibility to alert the citizens of the change.

We can push them to get it out there on their news programs.

Hah. I'm sure they've mentioned it, but I don't think they listen too much to us Paulites.

MsDoodahs
10-08-2007, 08:22 AM
I know, I doubt the local news gives a hoot about their responsibility to the community either, but I thought it might be worth a try.

I figured it is a "no cost" effort, so what can it hurt?

toowm
10-08-2007, 10:17 AM
This is only important for those registered Democrat in NH. I think this is about 20% of registered voters, and the majority are Hillary, et. al. supporters. When we do get a Democrat interested in RP, we tell them about the urgency of changing their registration.

Most NH voters (~60%), like me, are undeclared. We go into a primary election, ask for whichever ballot we want (D or R), then vote, which registers us with that party. On the way out, there is a special table where you can "unregister."

The October 12th date, at least for New Hampshire, has been overblown.