PDA

View Full Version : Iowa

scubasteve01
10-08-2007, 07:30 AM
I just had a friend who's always been on the fence about Paul send me this...

"Give me your honest opinion…What are the chances of Ron Paul winning the Iowa Caucus? I’ve got my issues with him, but if he wins the nomination…I really don’t have a choice but to vote for him. It’s not like I am going to vote for a democrat.

The lesser of two evils is still evil."

Love to hear your responses to this. I don't know about Iowa, right now it seems like a crapshoot. I feel I can't trust any of the polls and the Straw poll was a joke.

BillyDkid
10-08-2007, 07:31 AM
I just had a friend who's always been on the fence about Paul send me this...

"Give me your honest opinion…What are the chances of Ron Paul winning the Iowa Caucus? I’ve got my issues with him, but if he wins the nomination…I really don’t have a choice but to vote for him. It’s not like I am going to vote for a democrat.

The lesser of two evils is still evil."

Love to hear your responses to this. I don't know about Iowa, right now it seems like a crapshoot. I feel I can't trust any of the polls and the Straw poll was a joke.
I always hated that question "but can he win". The answer, well no, not if you don't vote for him!!!!

Corydoras
10-08-2007, 08:33 AM
http://www.gulfnews.com/opinion/columns/world/10158831.html

This is an EXTREMELY good article about polling that someone posted earlier.
The point is NOT that polls are inaccurate (the author is John Zogby's brother).
But look at this:

"three quarters of Iowans polled say their votes can still change. Second, because of the nature of the Iowa caucus process and its traditionally low voter turnout (less than 10 per cent), anything can happen. In the end, in Iowa, what wins elections is a candidate's field organisation and the loyalty of committed caucus goers who, because their numbers are so small, are difficult to poll and, therefore, hard to predict."