PDA

View Full Version : OLD THREAD FROM MARCH:Two officers believed shot near Pentagon

almantimes2
03-04-2010, 06:52 PM
(CNN) -- Two officers are believed to have been shot Thursday outside the Pentagon Metro station, a public affairs officer for the Pentagon Force Protection Agency said.

"We believe we have one person in custody," said Chris Layman.

The Pentagon Force Protection Agency is the Pentagon's police department.

Lisa McDonald, a spokeswoman for George Washington Hospital, said three people were being treated there -- two officers and one person believed to be the suspect.

The metro entrance to the Pentagon was closed, but other entrances were open, CNN's Chris Lawrence reported.

fedup100
03-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Don't worry about it. I'm sure it was a muslim, we are in a war right here on our on soil and the media and government will continue to tell you "nothing to see here, just move along". Even if it is a muslim, he will be labeled a troubled "yute" (youth).

Juan McCain
03-04-2010, 07:02 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35716821/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Believed to be a random act and not an act of terrorism . . .

dannno
03-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Damn, I really hope it wasn't SGT William Lagasse or SGT Chadwick Brooks...

pacelli
03-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Anyone want to take bets that the terrorist will suddenly turn out to be an Iranian?

phill4paul
03-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Anyone want to take bets that the terrorist will suddenly turn out to be an Iranian?

No I believe the new "agenda" will be "domestic".

michaelwise
03-04-2010, 08:01 PM
I see it clearly now. Our police state is vulnerable. Nice.

BamaFanNKy
03-04-2010, 08:06 PM
"I hear he had ties to Oath Keepers."- Bill O'Reilly, Southern Poverty Law Center and MSNBC.

John of Des Moines
03-04-2010, 08:36 PM

How about Tea Partier and/or a [fill in the blank] supporter.

Reason
03-04-2010, 08:40 PM
YouTube - Breaking news: Pentagon shooting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnHhH-kN1fA)

Reason
03-04-2010, 08:42 PM
YouTube - 2 Pentagon Officers Shot Outside Metro Station (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WuiG0cqjT4)

phill4paul
03-04-2010, 08:42 PM
"I hear he had ties to Oath Keepers."- Bill O'Reilly, Southern Poverty Law Center and MSNBC.

I heard he was an adamant supporter of the O'Reilly show.

almantimes2
03-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Sources tell the Associated Press the suspect has been identified as 36-year-old John Patrick Bedell.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1904181

Pot smoker, Linux nerd, and libertarian. Wonderful

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JPatrickBedell
http://www.facebook.com/jpbedell

::mad:

almantimes2
03-04-2010, 09:21 PM
bump

RM918
03-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Sources tell the Associated Press the suspect has been identified as 36-year-old John Patrick Bedell.

And a truther, at that! It keeps getting better.

The fear-mongering is going to be turned up to 11, boys.

zach
03-04-2010, 09:30 PM

Oh boy...

Reason
03-04-2010, 09:33 PM
assuming that facebook link is him this is his pic

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/profile6/1870/105/n1074211150_8926.jpg

Reason
03-04-2010, 09:35 PM
why don't these people realize that their actions are counterproductive?

it's pretty fucking obvious...

RM918
03-04-2010, 09:37 PM

Selfishness. Not going to take it anymore. Probably figuring they'll finally set off the second American Revolution by their actions, or people will care about what they've left behind. They'll just be painted, rightly, as homicidal loons right beside McVeigh.

phill4paul
03-04-2010, 09:42 PM

To whos goals?

t0rnado
03-04-2010, 09:44 PM
This guy obviously wasn't an idiot, but I'm guessing he flipped out and decided to pop caps in some Pentagon cops.

Anti Federalist
03-04-2010, 09:48 PM
This guy obviously wasn't an idiot, but I'm guessing he flipped out and decided to pop caps in some Pentagon cops.

The guy linked to at facebook and wiki is in CA.

I'll withold comment until it's confirmed it's the same guy.

ResistTemptation
03-04-2010, 09:53 PM
There are no real details yet. He could have been robbed at gunpoint by some gov. thugs for all we know. He, if this is even the man who did "it," may have used justifiable force in this situation. Why do we argue at length about preserving our right to self defense but scoff at it every time it is actually used? It does not matter if the men who were shot were government employees, citizens, or even aliens. It only matters if the the kid used justifiable force. Unfortunately, justified self-defense against ANY gov. authority (read: jackboot) will mean immediately destruction of evidence absolving the convicted. Ironically, this kid believed we will never know what happened on 9/11; now, we will never know what REALLY happened to him.

bill50
03-04-2010, 09:54 PM

Or were they set up and framed?

phill4paul
03-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Selfishness. Not going to take it anymore. Probably figuring they'll finally set off the second American Revolution by their actions, or people will care about what they've left behind. They'll just be painted, rightly, as homicidal loons right beside McVeigh.

Then again perhaps he will be painted as a patriot that was one of the few that entered the public conscience as a "little league" player that created a revolution.

History sometimes recognizes "loons" as powder kegs. Doubt he'll be one.

RM918
03-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Then again perhaps he will be painted as a patriot that was one of the few that entered the public conscience as a "little league" player that created a revolution.

History sometimes recognizes "loons" as powder kegs. Doubt he'll be one.

If what supposedly happened indeed happened, how is walking up to two Pentagon security guards and shooting them for no reason any kind of noble act? This isn't Lexington & Concorde.

phill4paul
03-04-2010, 10:05 PM
If what supposedly happened indeed happened, how is walking up to two Pentagon security guards and shooting them for no reason any kind of noble act? This isn't Lexington & Concorde.

Are you so sure?

RM918
03-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Are you so sure?

Yeah. I'm pretty sure that trying to kill two guys just because you've demonized them in your head as avatars of government thuggery without considering that they're human beings just like you are, is absolutely no kind of noble act.

phill4paul
03-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Yeah. I'm pretty sure that trying to kill two guys just because you've demonized them in your head as avatars of government thuggery without considering that they're human beings just like you are, is absolutely no kind of noble act.

Perhaps "avatars of government thuggery" shouldn't be considered as human beings. Should I list the many that considered themselves human beings at the expense of humanity?
It all comes down to the the victors and how they re-invent history. We are all human beings. That's all I'm saying.

Uriel999
03-04-2010, 10:28 PM
This guy lost his damned mind. Nuff said. The rEVOLution is a PEACEFUL one.

Anti Federalist
03-04-2010, 10:33 PM

Why did he, and others, lose his mind?

Why will government respond with more heavy handed enforcement that will result in more losing of minds?

To dismiss it as just going nuts is as shallow an explanation as "they hate us for our freedoms".

dannno
03-04-2010, 10:33 PM
This guy lost his damned mind. Nuff said.

That's the most presumptuous statement I've seen in this whole thread.

phill4paul
03-04-2010, 10:40 PM

Uriel I don't deny that the rEVOLution is a peaceful one. However, don't believe for an instant that our rEVOLution is the only one that is going on. If only now on an individual measure.
I can't deny that with each and every police state brutality that I read of and hear of from those that I know that I lose a little bit of my mind.
I don't agree with this individuals measure any more than I do with the individual that flew the plane into the IRS building.
The truth is these things are gonna happen w/ more frequency. They may happen w/ such frequency that it does spark a movement.
It has happened before. It could happen again.
There is a point that you would consider a line. What if 99% of the population considered your line to be a fringe mindset?
Just sayin'.

Rael
03-04-2010, 10:44 PM
What does this have to do with politics? Is it really necessary to politicize it every time some nut shoots somebody?

dannno
03-04-2010, 10:47 PM
What does this have to do with politics? Is it really necessary to politicize it every time some nut shoots somebody?

Are you asking the forum or the media?

Uriel999
03-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Why did he, and others, lose his mind?

Why will government respond with more heavy handed enforcement that will result in more losing of minds?

To dismiss it as just going nuts is as shallow an explanation as "they hate us for our freedoms".

Bullshit. Deciding your just going to shoot cops is not advantageous to advancing liberty. Nothing positive can happen in general from that. If you have a problem with government that is why the legal system exists. I'd give Joe Stack more legitimacy with his IRS building attack than this.

That's the most presumptuous statement I've seen in this whole thread.

Is it now? So if you went out tomorrow and a cop pulled up beside you at a stop light and you pulled out a gun and popped the mofo in the face that is somehow not nutty but perhaps even revolutionary?

Uriel I don't deny that the rEVOLution is a peaceful one. However, don't believe for an instant that our rEVOLution is the only one that is going on. If only now on an individual measure.
I can't deny that with each and every police state brutality that I read of and hear of from those that I know that I lose a little bit of my mind.
I don't agree with this individuals measure any more than I do with the individual that flew the plane into the IRS building.
The truth is these things are gonna happen w/ more frequency. They may happen w/ such frequency that it does spark a movement.
It has happened before. It could happen again.
There is a point that you would consider a line. What if 99% of the population considered your line to be a fringe mindset?
Just sayin'.

Your right a movement will be sparked. A movement of government to start Marshall Law. This won't help anybody.

phill4paul
03-04-2010, 11:09 PM
Your right a movement will be sparked. A movement of government to start Marshall Law. This won't help anybody.

Are you so sure?

dannno
03-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Is it now? So if you went out tomorrow and a cop pulled up beside you at a stop light and you pulled out a gun and popped the mofo in the face that is somehow not nutty but perhaps even revolutionary?

No, I'm saying that we don't know what really happened.

Uriel999
03-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Are you so sure?

goddamn, I think the only thing I am sure of right now is that youtube video at the bottom of the page is pissing me off.... a lot.

Anyways, back on subject. The feds are just looking for any excuses to take what is left of our liberty. No reason to give them excuses. We need people to wake up, not to fly planes into IRS buildings or shoot cops but rather to fight in politics.

Uriel999
03-04-2010, 11:19 PM
No, I'm saying that we don't know what really happened.

more will be found out as time goes on, but chances are something non-kosher went down. I'm betting...fuck stop the youtube josh! sorry, I'm still betting on man lost his mind.

phill4paul
03-04-2010, 11:24 PM
goddamn, I think the only thing I am sure of right now is that youtube video at the bottom of the page is pissing me off.... a lot.

LOL.

Anyways, back on subject. The feds are just looking for any excuses to take what is left of our liberty. No reason to give them excuses. We need people to wake up, not to fly planes into IRS buildings or shoot cops but rather to fight in politics.

I do not disagree with you Uriel. However, you and I and those in the rEVOLution do not call the shots. The people do. These tiny isolated incidents could very well spark a rEVILution. It has happened before and I believe is on the verge of happening again.
rEVOLution>rEVILution. But, one way or the other there will be a change.

Anti Federalist
03-04-2010, 11:24 PM

I disagree.

Make the tyrants act like tyrants.

Then we'll see what happens next.

Anti Federalist
03-04-2010, 11:34 PM
more will be found out as time goes on, but chances are something non-kosher went down. I'm betting...fuck stop the youtube josh! sorry, I'm still betting on man lost his mind.

:D

devil21
03-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Before it disappears from media reports....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_pentagon_metro_shooting

Law enforcement officials identified the suspect as John Patrick Bedell, 36. They also said they were speaking with a second man, who might have accompanied the shooter, and were running his name through databases.

Another mysterious "second person" that is not identified. I'm seeing a pattern here. There was an unidentified second person during the initial Fort Hood shooting reports and an unidentified second person during the underwear bomber reports.

phill4paul
03-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Before it disappears from media reports....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_pentagon_metro_shooting

Another mysterious "second person" that is not identified. I'm seeing a pattern here. There was an unidentified second person during the initial Fort Hood shooting reports and an unidentified second person during the underwear bomber reports.

The "devil" made them do it....

devil21
03-04-2010, 11:50 PM
The "devil" made them do it....

Quite possible, seeing as how I used to work at the Pentagon. :o

Uriel999
03-04-2010, 11:52 PM
I disagree.

I'd rather not repeat the Civil War. Shiloh redux terrifies me.

amy31416
03-05-2010, 06:45 AM
Oops...just posted another thread about this, delete mine!

MelissaWV
03-05-2010, 07:17 AM
It's becoming really easy to predict. Something happens, and certain people ignore what does come to light to create their own version.

From there, now that the media sketch of he guy has come out, people simultaneously say that the media is smearing Truthers and Libertarians and pot smokers and this guy probably isn't any of those, but some of the "Truther pot-smoking Libertarians" on the internet are rushing to the guy's defense and saying maybe this isn't a big deal, or might be the first shot of the new revolution! (What happened to the IRS plane thing being the first shot? Awful memory, I guess.) He couldn't be someone from this board, even though some people on this board seem to think that if he DID do it it'd be awesome.

If they didn't question anyone else, it would be an obvious setup. If they question someone else, it's obviously a setup.

I would happily agree that we need more facts to come out before anything's certain, but I also know from past experience that the "facts" will likely be questioned, suspect, and dismissed by some no matter what.

Juan McCain
03-05-2010, 08:05 AM

. . ., Linux nerd . . .

Damn . . . I was thinking that the new Ubuntu bootloader (grub2) was gonna really mess with people's sanity.

M$ and Bill Gate$ were behind that change ya' know.

jmdrake
03-05-2010, 08:26 AM
The guy linked to at facebook and wiki is in CA.

I'll withold comment until it's confirmed it's the same guy.

I just heard on the radio that the shooter had driven across country from California. That said it's way to early to know what to think about this. (*cough* MKULTRA *cough*)

jmdrake
03-05-2010, 08:37 AM
From there, now that the media sketch of he guy has come out, people simultaneously say that the media is smearing Truthers and Libertarians and pot smokers and this guy probably isn't any of those, but some of the "Truther pot-smoking Libertarians" on the internet are rushing to the guy's defense and saying maybe this isn't a big deal, or might be the first shot of the new revolution! (What happened to the IRS plane thing being the first shot? Awful memory, I guess.) He couldn't be someone from this board, even though some people on this board seem to think that if he DID do it it'd be awesome.

No disagreement except to say that there's a fine line between understanding motive and endorsing action. During the "Stack debates" I got attacked by both sides. Such is life.

I would happily agree that we need more facts to come out before anything's certain, but I also know from past experience that the "facts" will likely be questioned, suspect, and dismissed by some no matter what.

Or (as in the case of the IRS suicide pilot) people will look at other facts that come out that raise questions. (Stack's connection to defense contractors. Firefighters and hazmat on the scene before the attack. Mainstream media reports of hazmat there after the attack followed by denials from the government of any hazardous materials on site etc.)

YouTube - Eye-witness to Austin IRS plane crash says firefighters and HAZMAT were ACROSS STREET during attack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL12DSMYgQk)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,587684,00.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35650018/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Maybe rather than "dismissing facts" that support the official story, people aren't filtering out facts that don't support it?

amy31416
03-05-2010, 09:09 AM
Just seems odd to me that he'd go to all this trouble on what seems an obvious suicide mission, and leave no "manifesto" or at least a rant, as Stack allegedly did.

pcosmar
03-05-2010, 09:09 AM

Stop right there.

What of the other (witness identified) people involved in OKC? The ones that weren't arrested?
The ones that masterminded?.
The ones that planted explosives inside the building?

That whole story is still being passed off as something like the truth and the name McVeigh is brought up constantly.
McVeigh Was a Government operative. Period.....

SamuraisWisdom
03-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Turns out the guy was a 9/11 truther who lived with his parents.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35716821/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

Baptist
03-05-2010, 10:32 AM
I disagree.

Sooner the better in my opinion. The longer we wait, the worse it will be. Every year that goes buy the police get more federalized, more draconian laws get passed, and more police grid gets up. Everyday that goes by makes it harder to survive what we all know is coming. We are waking people up, but not as fast as they are building a tyrannical grid.

Either wait 100 years till I'm long dead and gone, or get it over with now.

Reason
03-05-2010, 10:48 AM
YouTube - Raw Audio: Pentagon Shooter's Anti-Govt. Rants (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h9vEJHrP-s)

Reason
03-05-2010, 10:50 AM
YouTube - Police: Pentagon Suspect 'Well Armed' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkESUKKsl20)

Danke
03-05-2010, 10:54 AM
YouTube - Raw Audio: Pentagon Shooter's Anti-Govt. Rants (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h9vEJHrP-s)

"A podcast thought to be recorded by John Patrick Bedell"

Thought by whom? Are the guys that made this the same ones that made the Osama bin Laden tapes?

Thrashertm
03-05-2010, 12:00 PM
This is the inevitable result of the government pushing things too far. Just like with Joe Stack, the oppressed are going to start pushing back violently if they cannot get results through political means.

YouTube - Rambo First blood Don't push it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr7hJowNX5w)

constituent
03-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Thought by whom? Are the guys that made this the same ones that made the Osama bin Laden tapes?

For real, they'll be releasing this s* like 2pac's lost tapes...

DapperDan
03-05-2010, 12:08 PM

Sounds like he's reading from a script...

However, I laughed at the title of the video. Hardly a rant and more like telling how it is.

Razmear
03-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Guy had one idea I like:
Mr. Bedell's ambitions went beyond seeing marijuana legalized. On his Wikipedia user page, he wrote of his hopes of seeing "billions and billions of carefully cultivated, highly valuable cannibis plants growing through the United States with complete security of property." He envisioned the plants being used as a part of a new monetary system tied to the value of a gram of cannabis.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703915204575103131123111518.html?m od=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsSecond

Anti Federalist
03-05-2010, 03:12 PM
sooner the better in my opinion. The longer we wait, the worse it will be. Every year that goes buy the police get more federalized, more draconian laws get passed, and more police grid gets up. Everyday that goes by makes it harder to survive what we all know is coming. We are waking people up, but not as fast as they are building a tyrannical grid.

Either wait 100 years till i'm long dead and gone, or get it over with now.

+1776

Juan McCain
03-05-2010, 04:25 PM
. . . he'd go to all this trouble on what seems an obvious suicide mission . . .

And here it is . . . he tried to "self-medicate with marijuana" . . .

amy31416
03-05-2010, 04:30 PM

Wow. It's as if it were right out of a Hollywood script.

RM918
03-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Stop right there.

What of the other (witness identified) people involved in OKC? The ones that weren't arrested?
The ones that masterminded?.
The ones that planted explosives inside the building?

That whole story is still being passed off as something like the truth and the name McVeigh is brought up constantly.
McVeigh Was a Government operative. Period.....

I more mean in the practical sense. McVeigh is enshrined as the symbol of right-wing extremism, thus why the comparisons are so rampant. Further acts like these will merely be thrown atop that pile, regardless of the truth.

The only thing that's in mortal danger from a pothead is a bag of sun chips.

Juan McCain
03-05-2010, 04:44 PM
It gets even worse when reading on . . .

"he was arrested on Feb. 1 with two ounces of marijuana in his car" (he had no weapons then)

So, it was the Reno, NV police that had taken away his medication, and then he went crazy.

squarepusher
03-05-2010, 04:55 PM
sounds like his parents sold him out, reporting him to the police and trying to get him put in a mental hospital

Anti Federalist
03-05-2010, 04:57 PM
I just heard on the radio that the shooter had driven across country from California. That said it's way to early to know what to think about this. (*cough* MKULTRA *cough*)

Agreed, but I'm leaning towards what Mike Rivero wrote at WRH:

http://whatreallyhappened.com/

Given that the majority of people no longer trust the official story of 9-11 it seems likely that anyone reaching their breaking point and shooting at the Pentagon (or crashing a plane into the IRS) has already decided that the government should not be trusted on anything that it says.

The government and media are going to spin this latest attack as a condemnation of anyone who fails to believe as the government orders them to believe I think this only reminds all Americans that they are not alone in wondering just what really happened (cheap plug) on 9-11.

I know that some people will insist this is a staged false-flag event, but like Joe Stack who crashed a plane into the IRS, this reads to me like a genuine case of an American who has just had enough, has reached their breaking point, and a government propaganda machine doing their usual "how can we use this to our advantage?" process.

The reason I do not think this is a false flag attack is that s6aged false flag terror is directed at innocent lives, lots of them, to maximize the psychological shock value. In both the IRS and Pentagon cases, public opinion has little sympathy for the targets.

False flag attacks have to have a live perpetrator, someone to put on trial, like Tim McVeigh, or even better to remain at large, like Osama bin Laden, to continue to fan the flames of public outrage and build public pressure to exact a revenge against the intended patsy. In both the IRS and Pentagon cases, the perpetrators are already dead, cutting off any possibility of revenge. Closure is forced on these events before then even get going.

Before the American revolution started in earnest it was preceded by numerous small actions in which angered colonials shot and killed British soldiers at random. The reason the British panicked at the intersection of Devonshire and State streets on March 5, 1770 was their awareness that the colonials had been shooting and killing their comrades.

It appears we are in the same phase here.

dannno
03-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Agreed, but I'm leaning towards what Mike Rivero wrote at WRH:

http://whatreallyhappened.com/

The reason I do not think this is a false flag attack is that s6aged false flag terror is directed at innocent lives, lots of them, to maximize the psychological shock value.

Hmmm, I dunno, I think this is mostly for the purposes of increasing legislation targeted at people like us. The IRS and Pentagon incidents have been presented to the public, but they don't seem to be pushing them as hard as they can because they aren't trying to convince the public of anything, they just need to have an excuse for congress to pass more laws. It's not the loss of life, it's the potential for the loss of lives that they will address congress with.

I'm not convinced this was staged, but I'd put the probability of it being staged pretty high.

John Q. Revere
03-05-2010, 05:43 PM
I'm going to have to say this is sad. It's sad for lotsa reasons but more than anything its a cryin shame we cant get organized enough to throw 435 people out of office and get some real people in there to find out whats goin on, clean some shit up.

FYI folks, this guy was actually a registered Democrat, go figure.

All, we are puttin together somethin real special in LA with RestoreLA.us , please consider joinin the fight, got a bunch of real winners here that are gonna turn things around in a big way, voting regular people into office and taking it back.

Yippee Ki

Anti Federalist
03-05-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm not convinced this was staged, but I'd put the probability of it being staged pretty high.

No doubt, I'm just "holding" right now in making that leap.

Juan McCain
03-05-2010, 06:43 PM
The guy comes up on them . . . dressed as to not cause attention . . .
starts saying something, but gets two shots off that pretty much miss, very superficial.

Of course he's hit in the head . . .
as is the problem in these cases . . . the LEO can pretty much just say whatever they want now . . .
and after any video cameras at this entrance have been edited -
it will show enough for another Congress hollow resolution as a "terrorist".