PDA

View Full Version : FOX news business loves Ron Paul

DjLoTi
03-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Look at FOX news business schmoozing up Ron Paul. If I had to predict today, I'd say Ron Paul is gonna run, and win, in 2012 =P lol =)

YouTube - Ron Paul: Another Crisis is Coming! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WodL9IJIN7Q&feature=sub)

DapperDan
03-04-2010, 03:08 PM
I'd say they love him because he fits their agenda....but come election it wouldn't surprise me if they did to him what they did in 2008.

lester1/2jr
03-04-2010, 03:08 PM
lol I'm happy for the exposure but I am an investor and can't watch that channel. all the commentators look like criminals. They look like they just came from a Times Square peep show or worse

DjLoTi
03-04-2010, 03:17 PM
I'd take CNBC over FNB any day, but I recognize both of those commentators. It seemed to me that both of them totally liked him, and of course he fits their agenda! Who *doesn't* have an agenda when it comes to Ron Paul! =P lol =P

But think, in 2007 these guys wouldn't have even had him as a guest, much less listen to him. Now he's like the rockstar, a conservative rockstar. I mean "you must feel like you want to run" and that big cheesy interaction at the end, man if that guy could smile any bigger he would have had to go HD lol =P

specsaregood
03-04-2010, 03:22 PM
But think, in 2007 these guys wouldn't have even had him as a guest, much less listen to him. Now he's like the rockstar, a conservative rockstar. I mean "you must feel like you want to run" and that big cheesy interaction at the end, man if that guy could smile any bigger he would have had to go HD lol =P

They like RP the congressman. They still hate RP the presidential candidate. It really is as simple as that. And there are a lot of neocons that feel the same way.

sofia
03-04-2010, 03:24 PM
i gotta stop watching ron paul appearances on these shows....

it just reminds me of how fucked up and stupid our country is that a man like him remains a long shot to win the white house...

DjLoTi
03-04-2010, 03:50 PM
They like RP the congressman. They still hate RP the presidential candidate. It really is as simple as that. And there are a lot of neocons that feel the same way.

Ok, I feel you there, but who else do we know that is running for president that has a shot AND is so right on all these issues?!? I mean, I really wouldn't be surprised to see much, much more favorable coverage from the media on Ron next time around.

Ron has already been on many, many shows, and it wouldn't make sense if they turned around and did a total hit-piece on him after they've been super nice to him.

And if the media does try to pull some tricks, they always have the Ron Paul army to deal with ;) :cool:

sofia
03-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Ron has already been on many, many shows, and it wouldn't make sense if they turned around and did a total hit-piece on him after they've been super nice to him.

And if the media does try to pull some tricks, they always have the Ron Paul army to deal with ;) :cool:

They will do something worse than smears. They'll talk about his "symbolic campaign" and how it will influence the real front runners like Romney etc...

....and if RP will run third party. Marginalizing him will be their game plan. He'll get a lot of attention....but always in the context of an interesting sideshow within the GOP.

DjLoTi
03-04-2010, 04:14 PM
See, with him winning the CPAC (and maybe the SLRC), AND the MASSIVE amount of money he'll probably raise, and the massive amount of grassroot support he'll have before the FIRST DEBATE.. I just don't see how they can reasonably marginalize him and stuff. I mean, all of the 3rd party and wrong party stuff has been rehashed.

Ron Paul is lightyears ahead of what he was in may 2007, and the only other real candidate who can compete is Romney. Palin MIGHT decide to run, and she MIGHT be a challenge in Iowa, but she's going to be the Rudy of last year. Ron Paul is a legitimate candidate, and I think he'll take 'front-runner' status early on. I'm not saying he'll be hands down #1, but he'll be a front runner, and a force to be reckoned with.

Seriously, I've noticed the media giving him lip service more and more. And it's only going to get better and better. There's really no reason to believe the media will 180 if he runs for president. I'm sure we'll have incidents, but I doubt everyone's going to ignore him/laugh at him ect. It would make them look bad after they've been pumping up Ron

And if they DO decide to do a 180, we'll make a youtube showing their contradiction, and call them out on the spot. We (Ron Paul people) are not to be messed with. We are a vicious force.

Maybe I just have more faith then everyone else

BlackTerrel
03-04-2010, 04:30 PM
I'd say they love him because he fits their agenda....but come election it wouldn't surprise me if they did to him what they did in 2008.

I think what has happened with the economy has in many ways proven Ron Paul right. That's why he's on now. I think by 2012 things are going to be even worse and he'll be proven even more right.

BlackTerrel
03-04-2010, 04:42 PM
See, with him winning the CPAC (and maybe the SLRC), AND the MASSIVE amount of money he'll probably raise, and the massive amount of grassroot support he'll have before the FIRST DEBATE.. I just don't see how they can reasonably marginalize him and stuff. I mean, all of the 3rd party and wrong party stuff has been rehashed.

Ron Paul is lightyears ahead of what he was in may 2007, and the only other real candidate who can compete is Romney. Palin MIGHT decide to run, and she MIGHT be a challenge in Iowa, but she's going to be the Rudy of last year. Ron Paul is a legitimate candidate, and I think he'll take 'front-runner' status early on. I'm not saying he'll be hands down #1, but he'll be a front runner, and a force to be reckoned with.

Seriously, I've noticed the media giving him lip service more and more. And it's only going to get better and better. There's really no reason to believe the media will 180 if he runs for president. I'm sure we'll have incidents, but I doubt everyone's going to ignore him/laugh at him ect. It would make them look bad after they've been pumping up Ron

And if they DO decide to do a 180, we'll make a youtube showing their contradiction, and call them out on the spot. We (Ron Paul people) are not to be messed with. We are a vicious force.

Maybe I just have more faith then everyone else

There's a lot of time to go and a lot that can change but I agree with your assessment. A couple points:

1. The pool of Republicans is very slim.

A. Sarah Palin/Mike Huckabee - Very popular with conservative white Christians that make up 25%-30% of the country. But incredibly limited support outside their base. Can't see them making a run.

B. Mitt Romney - really has everything a traditional politician would want to succeed. Speaks well, perfect family, successful businessman, insanely rich. But poll after poll shows a Mormon is not becoming POTUS. (Note I think that his religion plays a role is bullshit but it is a fact nonetheless).

C. Ron Paul - Sold grassroots support, anti-establishment (which everybody wants to be now) can bring diverse groups of people together around his message. Has been proven right time and again on the economy - how often are these other candidates going on Fox Business or CNBC? It's early and a lot can go wrong but I think things are trending very nicely this time around.

D. Who am I missing here? Giuliani or Pawlenty? Spare me - not a chance.

2. The last campaign not only got him name recognition but it also took care of the skeletons in the closet. The racist newsletters didn't make a difference in 2008 (he wasn't going to be a serious competitor anyway) but if they were still hidden they could seriously derail him in 2012. Now it's out in the open and old news - they can't use it again. Unless there's something we don't know about there isn't anything left to attack him with (and I'd say there's about a 0% chance that Paul is secretly pulling a Tiger Woods).

3. The longer things go the more he is going to be proven right -both foreign and domestic. Just watch

SimpleName
03-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Charles Payne seems like a genuinely nice, respectful guy, so that "love" (aka respect) would happen at any point.

For 2012, I expect the media to pull out all the stops. The pessimist in me believes they will be MUCH worse. They know that he now has an even stronger support base than before, so he really has a shot this time around. It could be a truly disgusting site.

And good lord, the worst of all...Glenn Beck. He will do exactly what he did to Medina. As I've said elsewhere on the board, remember that Ron Paul was/is a frequent guest on Alex Jones. Beck will do anything to make him look nuts.

But I really hope not...

Number19
03-04-2010, 06:40 PM
There's a lot of time to go and a lot that can change but I agree with your assessment. A couple points:

1. The pool of Republicans is very slim.

A. Sarah Palin/Mike Huckabee - Very popular with conservative white Christians that make up 25%-30% of the country. But incredibly limited support outside their base. Can't see them making a run.

B. Mitt Romney - really has everything a traditional politician would want to succeed. Speaks well, perfect family, successful businessman, insanely rich. But poll after poll shows a Mormon is not becoming POTUS. (Note I think that his religion plays a role is bullshit but it is a fact nonetheless).

C. Ron Paul - Sold grassroots support, anti-establishment (which everybody wants to be now) can bring diverse groups of people together around his message. Has been proven right time and again on the economy - how often are these other candidates going on Fox Business or CNBC? It's early and a lot can go wrong but I think things are trending very nicely this time around.

D. Who am I missing here? Giuliani or Pawlenty? Spare me - not a chance.

2. The last campaign not only got him name recognition but it also took care of the skeletons in the closet. The racist newsletters didn't make a difference in 2008 (he wasn't going to be a serious competitor anyway) but if they were still hidden they could seriously derail him in 2012. Now it's out in the open and old news - they can't use it again. Unless there's something we don't know about there isn't anything left to attack him with (and I'd say there's about a 0% chance that Paul is secretly pulling a Tiger Woods).

3. The longer things go the more he is going to be proven right -both foreign and domestic. Just watchHe has to win in November, but they're beginning to talk up Rick Perry.

cpike
03-04-2010, 07:17 PM
I honestly think Paul has to be the favorite right now, at least looking at the tea-party. Now a lot of tea-partiers unfortunately are not awake enough to see that the folly of foreign intervention, but none of them dislike Paul on a whole. They always say, I disagree on him on some issues, but I like him.

They are however awake enough to know how terrible McCain is, and most have now turned on Palin after her endorsement of McCain. Same thing with Romney and Pawlenty. Who else could possibly get the tea-party vote? I see no one. Huckabee shot himself in the foot with his commutation of the cop-killer (no-pun intended).

I do think the GOP nod will come down to Romney and Paul. I don't foresee anyone else getting into this.