PDA

View Full Version : Someone spin this into a pro-Ron Paul, anti-Romney hit-piece

rodent
10-08-2007, 04:55 AM

paulaholic
10-08-2007, 05:28 AM
Man, that was upsetting.

MicroBalrog
10-08-2007, 07:31 AM
If some clever you-tuber can take this video and take the part where Romney shuts down the guy suffering from medical marijuana?.

How does one 'suffer' from marijuana?

Thurston Howell III
10-08-2007, 07:41 AM
That's just pathetic. How cold and uncaring can one be? I heard Romney, on another video, say that MJ is the gateway to hard drugs. He is overwelmed by his own ignorance.

I hope this gets well publicised so he is seen for what he is. Sorry, but that really discusted me.

constituent
10-08-2007, 07:49 AM
spin:

romney's career-ender. (everywhere)

constituent
10-08-2007, 07:50 AM
"muscular-dystrophy... well that sucks." (high times)

constituent
10-08-2007, 07:51 AM
"mitt romney looks forward to a bright future where chronically ill patients,
and doctors too, may experience the many known benefits of synthetic marijuana" (evening news)

"researchers at X Corp announced today the first synthetic marijuana
plant, grown in the lab through the combination of a hemp plant and a live human embryo.
Doctors say this miraculous breakthrough could result in a new strain of marijuana
with the benefits of the original, but lacking the nasty side-effects
that can include severe physical dependency, and seedy buds." (something else)

constituent
10-08-2007, 07:53 AM
macacascular dystrophy? (washington times)

Kregener
10-08-2007, 08:02 AM
No need to "spin" anything. Every time any of the other candidates open their mouths, they spin it for us.

Ron Paul and his message of peace, freedom and prosperity counters everything they spew.

nexalacer
10-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Wow, whatta dick.

bc2208
10-08-2007, 08:25 AM
What a c-word.

JaylieWoW
10-08-2007, 08:41 AM
That's just pathetic. How cold and uncaring can one be? I heard Romney, on another video, say that MJ is the gateway to hard drugs. He is overwelmed by his own ignorance.

I hope this gets well publicised so he is seen for what he is. Sorry, but that really discusted me.

One spin might be the complete idiocy that MJ is a gateway drug. As far as I'm concerned, there is no such thing as a "gateway drug", rather, due to the criminal elements one is exposed to in order to purchase MJ (or any other drug for that matter) is the actual "gateway". I've been saying this for years and have recently started hearing the same echoed by a few analysts.

Besides, MJ is not THAT kind of drug. Cocaine and other cocaine derived substances are immediately addicting as well as things like crystal meth. (I know all this because of a friend who ruined her life because of cocaine & crystal meth).

bc2208
10-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Who CARES what a gateway drug is? If you're dumb enough to slip into a downward spiral of increasingly addictive and self-destructive drug abuse, then that's your problem. It's called personal responsibility! Why should the government prevent people from doing something to themselves because it may lead them to do worse things to themselves in the future?

Oh, yes, of course, that's right -

IT SHOULDN'T!!!

brandon
10-08-2007, 08:55 AM
Who CARES what a gateway drug is? If you're dumb enough to slip into a downward spiral of increasingly addictive and self-destructive drug abuse, then that's your problem. It's called personal responsibility! Why should the government prevent people from doing something to themselves because it may lead them to do worse things to themselves in the future?

Oh, yes, of course, that's right -

IT SHOULDN'T!!!

I agree that the government shouldn't be telling anyone what they can and cannot ingest into their own body. But try to have a little heart, people dont fall into the downward spiral of drug addiction because the are "dumb." Usually there are very real emotional and/or psychological problems that drive people to this. I do think that local governments should be helping fund rehabilitation efforts for these people who have no support from anywhere else.

bc2208
10-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Helping fund rehabilitation efforts for people who have no support from anywhere else...

sounds like socialized medicine to me.

nexalacer
10-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Helping fund rehabilitation efforts for people who have no support from anywhere else...

sounds like socialized medicine to me.

No, localized funding for rehabilitation efforts is a good idea, as far as preventing the problems that those people can cause. And considering rehab is a whole hell of a lot cheaper than prison or an emergency room OD, let's call it "preventative medicine."

And as long as it's not the federal government, why would you care if it's socialized or not?

bc2208
10-08-2007, 09:20 AM
And as long as it's not the federal government, why would you care if it's socialized or not?

I don't care what government it is, I don't want to pay for other people's medical/psychological problems.

cujothekitten
10-08-2007, 09:22 AM
My father became addicted to morphine during his cancer treatment so you can probably guess how I feel about Romney right now.

brandon
10-08-2007, 09:23 AM
I don't care what government it is, I don't want to pay for other people's medical/psychological problems.

Then your welcome to move to a community where they dont do this, or try to change your community so it doesnt do this.

While the government has no right to force us to take care of the less fortunate, I do believe as human beings we have an obligation to help our fellow man if we are able.

davidkachel
10-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Wow, Romney is one arrogant unfeeling SOB... just what the system loves.

bc2208
10-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Then your welcome to move to a community where they dont do this, or try to change your community so it doesnt do this.

While the government has no right to force us to take care of the less fortunate, I do believe as human beings we have an obligation to help our fellow man if we are able.

We have no such obligation. If we were obligated, it would take away the value of the action. We should create an environment where people are best able to help themselves. If, after that, people feel inclined to donate to charity, that should be welcomed. Mandating it removes the "charity" from the donation.

nexalacer
10-08-2007, 09:30 AM

Yeah, I don't want any government, so I understand. But as long as there is government due to people's choice, they should be able to request rehabilitation services, as it's the most cost effective method of dealing with addicts. If your local government does this and you don't like it, you can move, but if it's federal, you're screwed.

brandon
10-08-2007, 09:30 AM
We have no such obligation. If we were obligated, it would take away the value of the action. We should create an environment where people are best able to help themselves. If, after that, people feel inclined to donate to charity, that should be welcomed. Mandating it removes the "charity" from the donation.

ugh...i just said it shouldn't be mandated. Not sure what you are arguing. If you dont believe in helping other people that is fine, but I have a feeling it will come back to bite you.

uncloned21
10-08-2007, 09:32 AM

Actually, you have it backwards. If your community truly wants a local rehab center, they can fund it directly, but never through the government. Why does it HAVE to be a government building?

winston_blade
10-08-2007, 09:39 AM
Actually, you have it backwards. If your community truly wants a local rehab center, they can fund it directly, but never through the government. Why does it HAVE to be a government building?

FTW

American
10-08-2007, 09:41 AM
I find it online @ youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwm8vk3tuSg

brandon
10-08-2007, 09:50 AM

What is the difference?

A community of people working together to achieve common goals = a local government

constituent
10-08-2007, 09:50 AM

amen.

uncloned21
10-08-2007, 10:40 AM
What is the difference?

A community of people working together to achieve common goals = a local government

That local government answers to the federal government, not exclusively to the people.

edit: ok, now im just making stuff up.

constituent
10-08-2007, 11:00 AM
What is the difference?

because government is not funded via donations... governments are funded
through taxation, and in the case of our federal government (wall st. too), inflation.

have some faith in your community to take care of itself. why should
it have to be mandatory, institutionalized? really it almost comes down
to worldview.

Bradley in DC
10-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Just stick with issues, no personal attacks, PLEASE. :)

Rich333
10-08-2007, 12:36 PM
What is the difference?

No, a community of people working together to achieve common goals would have no need of government. Governments function by way of institutionalized violence against those who do NOT consent to being governed by them. This is true whether the consent is refused either in whole or in part, just as it is true that accepting a job does not make one a slave, or that buying product X does not morally obligate you to buy products Y and Z as well. If the individuals who form a local community truly work together to achieve common goals - if unanimous consent exists among them - then that is the free market, not government, it is charity and voluntary exchange, not force.

If you need the government to force your neighbors to help you achieve your goals, what you are actually doing is paying off armed thugs to harass and push around your neighbors; people call this "government" and claim that it's necessary when it isn't, because it makes them feel better about being criminals. It's always easier to disclaim responsibility when you don't have to get your hands dirty yourself. Once you've cut away all the newspeak and the doublethink, the crime becomes clear. If you have no right as an individual to do it, you have absolutely no authority to have government do it for you as your proxy; you can't give away what you don't have.

Cindy
10-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Wow, Romney is one arrogant unfeeling SOB... just what the system loves.

We can't use that one against him as anyone who is not for universal health care for all, could be called "unfeeling.'

Why is synthetic marijauna okay for terminal patients, but not the natural plant?:confused:

Silliness!

What was that it said about the new synthetic stuff being made with live human embryos?

Sounds gross.

People against the war on drugs would never be a suppporter of his anyway. He won't loose anyone he already had from this video clip.

Cindy
10-08-2007, 12:55 PM
I forgot to add that Pro lifers could be turned off from him, if he is advocating the use of synthetic medical marijauna made with live human embryos.

0zzy
10-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Someone make a commercial out of this! :)

Thurston Howell III
10-08-2007, 01:16 PM
We can't use that one against him as anyone who is not for universal health care for all, could be called "unfeeling.'

Why is synthetic marijauna okay for terminal patients, but not the natural plant?:confused:

Silliness!

What was that it said about the new synthetic stuff being made with live human embryos?

Sounds gross.

People against the war on drugs would never be a suppporter of his anyway. He won't loose anyone he already had from this video clip.

Well, here's the 'dope' on synthetic MJ....http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6635

DrNoZone
10-08-2007, 01:19 PM

Obligated by whom? I sure hope you don't mean obligated in the sense of "you're obligated and we'll FORCE you to do X if you don't comply".

DrNoZone
10-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Check out more video of candidates dodging this issue, or outright being evil about it here: http://granitestaters.com/candidates/audiovideo.html

austin356
10-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Yall chill out on the Rehab stuff!!!

We should not really have a problem with it on here so long as it is local.

If NYC wants to spend its money on a rehab center I have no right to question them or interfere with their own doings.

I know the private charities and whatnot could handle these things better, but we should not even talk about those types of things (w/ other potential voters). Its a losing issue and we have bigger fish to fry!

Ending Military Industrial complex, Medical industrial complex, Energy Industrial complex, etc welfare/warfare is the types of services we need to work on eliminating. Actively opposing local community efforts with drug rehabilitation takes energy and focus off of the much larger evil.

Nash
10-08-2007, 02:36 PM
The fact he supports the synthetic stuff but not the real deal tells me all I need to know.

If a drug company lobbies for funding of it then it's ok. If someone can grow it in their backyard and the gov can't tax it then it isn't.

It sounds completely ridiculous and it's also completely true.

By the way I do not do drugs and don't associate with people who do them.

constituent
10-08-2007, 07:29 PM
I forgot to add that Pro lifers could be turned off from him, if he is advocating the use of synthetic medical marijauna made with live human embryos.

i was joking on the live human embryos part...

that would be crazy though, huh?

Michael Landon
04-26-2011, 07:23 PM
Just watched this for the first time... very disturbing. I'm officially on the "FUCK MITT" bandwagon, hell I'm driving the "FUCK MITT" bandwagon.

- ML