PDA

View Full Version : Set Strict Occupancy Limits for the US Capitol Building to Restrict Lobbyists!

michaelwise
03-03-2010, 06:32 PM
It is said there are 5 lobbyists for every member of congress. Here's the solution.

Set Strict Occupancy Limits for the US Capitol Building to Restrict Lobbyists!

As a matter of fact, set strict occupancy limits for all Federal buildings.

I would set the limit at employee occupancy times 2. No one else gets in the building once the occupancy limit has been reached. One can get in once another lobbyist or guest leaves the building. That's it.

mczerone
03-03-2010, 08:01 PM
I would set it at zero. It would totally eliminate lobbying.

John Q. Revere
03-03-2010, 08:04 PM
or finally bump the number of Representatives by a factor of 10

while we're at it, bump the number of senators by 2

dannno
03-03-2010, 08:04 PM
I would set it at zero. It would totally eliminate lobbying.

Why not get rid of the incentives instead?

Even if you did that, they would still meet with lobbyists off the hill, and then it would be uber elitist..expensive dinners and shit..

All this bill is going to do is make it harder for groups like MPP and C4L type groups to lobby.. you think the healthcare industry or the bankers are going to hurt from this?

mczerone
03-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Why not get rid of the incentives instead?

Even if you did that, they would still meet with lobbyists off the hill, and then it would be uber elitist..expensive dinners and shit..

All this bill is going to do is make it harder for groups like MPP and C4L type groups to lobby.. you think the healthcare industry or the bankers are going to hurt from this?

I was implying in a sarcastic manner that we should abolish the practice of geographic "representation" by shutting down the Capitol building, thus totally getting rid of the incentives.

When there is a monopoly on regulation and business oversight, there is always the incentive for lobbying the rule-maker to help you and/or hurt your competitors.